Keep posting and sharing to FB and Twitter.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 03:07 AM
    a hater haha.. most iphone works only 4-6hrs if data was on.. my bbQ5 says it sucks - you need to charge your iphone more frequently than my BlackBerry Q5 in fact, fb,twitter,emails, other social networking sites are always on..iphone=grrrrrrrrrrr!

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 03:21 AM
    a hater haha.. most iphone works only 4-6hrs if data was on.. my bbQ5 says it sucks - you need to charge your iphone more frequently than my BlackBerry Q5 in fact, fb,twitter,emails, other social networking sites are always on..iphone=grrrrrrrrrrr!

Posted via CB10

7 mailboxes, fb, tw, LinkedIn, Tapatalk, im+ ...
    PFman and Berry_Pink like this.
    09-29-13 03:25 AM
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/29/penejaje.jpg

7 mailboxes, fb, tw, LinkedIn, Tapatalk, im+ ...
    Do you have anything to say about the File Manager's capabilities on BB10 (some of them were posted on the first page) or is that something you personally don't like as well?

I have no intentions of downplaying the iphone's capabilities, but the sub par emailing prowess and the loops one has to jump through to sync data via itunes are just some examples where there is no comparison with the "10".

Regards,
    Recent convert from the iphone 4, 4s and the 5.

I bought a Q10 to "save BLACKBERRY". Compromises I was told I'd be making: Is it the amazing UI or the rock-solid hardware? Maybe it's the world class keyboard.
    bb624 likes this.
    09-29-13 05:57 AM
    Just a few words about file manager and iOS.

Just one question - please provide file source. From you get this file? For what? There is a lot file managers for iOS, if you need to use it as flash drive. Otherwise - all of my files stored in DropBox. All of them synchronized.

I do not see any reason for open file system on mobile. This is old legacy from old devices. I like document ideology, not files

Currently if I need to share document, I can do this without open file system.
    09-29-13 06:04 AM
    Someone please explain to me what's vid share and how it works?
    Thank you

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 06:04 AM
    Someone please explain to me what's vid share and how it works?
    Thank you

Posted via CB10
    This is solution to help someone setup their device
    jevinzac likes this.
    09-29-13 06:06 AM

Just one question - please provide file source. From you get this file? For what? There is a lot file managers for iOS, if you need to use it as flash drive. Otherwise - all of my files stored in DropBox. All of them synchronized.

I do not see any reason for open file system on mobile. This is old legacy from old devices. I like document ideology, not files

Please provide the name of one app (for usb mass storage) that doesn't involve a jailbroken iphone or anything to do with the itunes software.

Regarding dependency on dropbox (or any other cloud service for that matter), I would rather prefer a device that lets me access my files without the requirement of taking any additional steps. Also, I'm sure a lot of us here have been in a situation where we're away from our computers and wished that if only the required file had been uploaded to the cloud.

I bought a Q10 to "save BLACKBERRY". Compromises I was told I'd be making: Is it the amazing UI or the rock-solid hardware? Maybe it's the world class keyboard.
    09-29-13 06:25 AM
    Please provide the name of one app (for usb mass storage) that doesn't involve a jailbroken iphone or anything to do with the itunes software.

Regarding dependency on dropbox (or any other cloud service for that matter), I would rather prefer a device that lets me access my files without the requirement of taking any additional steps. Also, I'm sure a lot of us here have been in a situation where we're away from our computers and wished that if only the required file had been uploaded to the cloud.

FileManagerPro for example. It works by WiFi, not USB. Doesn't matter.

Why I choose Dropbox? I don't want to loss all of my important documents if my hard drive crash. I have all of my actual documents in all of my devices (tablet, notebook, smartphone).

If I need access to my media (video/audio) I use iTunes Match, AirVideo - internet access only required.

I'm traveler, but this solutions give me more freedom instead of open file system. I have access to all corporate documents via sharepoint and Confluence. I'm not afraid to lost my phone with important documents - all of them stored in cloud.

This is why i do not see any reason in open file system
    09-29-13 06:34 AM

The 18 coolest features in BB10 that you probably didn't know about-img_00000333.jpg Actually we have 5 options to store our flies, videos, pictures etc, over Wifi or carrier network and a 6th is coming! So is all about choice! and from my observation NO other platform give you this kind of integration!
    canuckvoip likes this.
    09-29-13 06:46 AM
    FileManagerPro for example. It works by WiFi, not USB. Doesn't matter.

Why I choose Dropbox? I don't want to loss all of my important documents if my hard drive crash. I have all of my actual documents in all of my devices (tablet, notebook, smartphone).

If I need access to my media (video/audio) I use iTunes Match, AirVideo - internet access only required.

I'm traveler, but this solutions give me more freedom instead of open file system. I have access to all corporate documents via sharepoint and Confluence. I'm not afraid to lost my phone with important documents - all of them stored in cloud.

This is why i do not see any reason in open file system

File Manager Pro is not a substitute for a simple usb mass storage solution. It still requires itunes to view the files. What I'm talking about is the ability to connect and access the file system on the phone via usb. I'm not a big fan of jumping through hoops just to get some music or videos on my device.

Also, the wireless streaming capability (even HD videos) through a native file manager is something I never saw on the iphone but I can see why that wouldn't interest you. But its a useful feature for lots of blackberry users.

Regarding dropbox vs data access from a hard drive, I guess it boils down to personal preference and needs. I work for a government agency in the US. The last thing I want to do is upload work documents to the cloud.

mujahid 10 and anfidhlear like this.
    09-29-13 07:04 AM
    Actually, this is a thread for what BB10 can do. I have nothing against iPhone but I don't get how this became a list of features that the iPhone can do. At least, the title was clear for me. Or perhaps, someone wants to show the cool features of an iPhone on a BlackBerry thread? Some people just confuse me sometimes.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 07:05 AM
    Actually we have 5 options to store our flies, videos, pictures etc, over Wifi or carrier network and a 6th is coming! So is all about choice! and from my observation NO other platform give you this kind of integration!
    I have the same choice - SMB, FTP, SFTP, cloud services....

This does not matter of open file system ON MOBILE DEVICE
    09-29-13 07:19 AM
    Regarding dropbox vs data access from a hard drive, I guess it boils down to personal preference and needs. I work for a government agency in the US. The last thing I want to do is upload work documents to the cloud
    Are you serious? Is secure store files on SD card?

BTW, if you need access to device file storage, you need to install BB Link software, like a iTunes. There no difference.

Anyway - there a lot of secure clouds. One of then - SpiderOak.

And more - I see no difference in USB vs WiFI access ( using any browser )
    09-29-13 07:25 AM
    Actually, this is a thread for what BB10 can do. I have nothing against iPhone but I don't get how this became a list of features that the iPhone can do. At least, the title was clear for me. Or perhaps, someone wants to show the cool features of an iPhone on a BlackBerry thread? Some people just confuse me sometimes.

Posted via CB10
    Post #25 would be the reason why. Its just puzzling to me why an iphone guy would want to crash a blackberry thread.

To steer off the conversation towards more relevant topics: I love how my device can handle almost every android app with the ease and fluidity experienced on an android device itself.

09-29-13 07:27 AM

Posted via CB10
    Some "cool BB features" is not so cool And most of them you can find at other platforms. This sounds like "cool feature of BB - making calls!"
    09-29-13 07:27 AM
    Some "cool BB features" is not so cool And most of them you can find at other platforms. This sounds like "cool feature of BB - making calls!"
    Don't worry. Some of us think the same way of iPhone. I think you're better off posting this in a thread where the OP was asking for a comparison. Or better yet in an iPhone thread where you could help iPhone users.

Your post does nothing for us BlackBerry users because we have our own set of features.

We are helping each other out here and you definitely are being rude.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 07:47 AM
    @AlexXF

1. Time Shift Camera

Not exclusive. Modern devices have 60-120 fps burst shot.

- Burst mode is not the same, go Bing it.

2. BBM Video

BB to BB only. I do not have friends with BB10. Useless.

- Get some: http://www.valuewalk.com/2013/08/bla...ke-more-money/ (all in good fun ;-) )

3. Vid Share

Same as BBM video

- If they mean "screen share", then no, it's not the same and it is awesome

4. Ability to download files from internet sites and open them directly from my device.

As on other platform - nothing special.

5. Password strength with password keeper

KeePass, 1Password... All of them more powerful and secure

iOS have shared keychain - great feature. BB10 does not have keychain.

6. Reader mode in browser

As on other platforms

- As far as I can see, the stock Android browser doesn't offer this.

7. Virtual keyboard.

As on other platforms

- No, but should be changed to "Best virtual keyboard"

8. BB Hub integration.

Personally I don't like it.

- "Personally"? Not a meaningful argument.

9. QNX platform has the ability to run 32 cores.

Who's care? 8 apps limit, ugly headless app realization that non released in 10.2

10. Android runtime allows for side loading.

Required advanced user skills, 3rd party tools installed, piracy, security breach

- No, yes, no and no

11. HDMI mini port

Required wire. I prefer wireless

- Like DLNA? BlackBerry has that, Apple doesn't offer either.

12. NFC

As on other platforms. Personally I found it useless

- "Personally"? Sorry, not a meaningful argument. As you're aware, this is not found on Apple.

13. Removable battery

Who's care? Z30 and Q5 don't have it. Anyway there a lot of external batteries.

14. SD card slot

Who's care in 2013? Today cloud time is. Had it in my 9900 - never used it.

- I care. I take pictures in the mountains where there are only non-virtual clouds. Kinda need somewhere to store all those bits.

15. Story Maker

Did you see other solutions or just read marketing papers?

16. Automobile integration that just works...automatically

Woooow! Had it 5-7 years a go with other platforms.

17. TRUE MULTITASKING

Who's care on TRUE multitasking? 8 apps only. On iOS have "save state" multitasking. For most of all use cases is enough.

- No, it's about as pathetic as it gets.

Android have multitasking too (background)... and background apps.

- I don't think that this list was started as an exclusivity list, so you're simply off base.

Download Noted, a 5-star rated, native BB10 memo pad app.
    Last edited by Carterbits; 09-29-13 at 07:58 AM.
    drmike, mujahid 10, Amey88 and 5 others like this.
    09-29-13 07:48 AM
    So OP, how many bbry, android and WP users have come on there to say that most of the things listed about apple can be done on other devices?
    world saviour and Rowan M like this.
    09-29-13 07:54 AM
    Id have to agree with the File Manager being able to manage my Laptop, PC anything from where ever i am is just brilliant yes other devices can do this but its just so nice on the Q10, Ive never tried BBM Video how does it stack up compared to Skype?
    09-29-13 08:02 AM
    I see what you are doing here! It seems like you have a lot of time on your hand! But as i said before its all about choice. Apple puts you in a environment that limits that, so you`ll have to depend on APPS to do these simple task that you should be able to do on your phone out of the box. I for one don`t want to put every thing in cloud! And YES it is secure to store files on a SD card because we have Media Card Encryption and Device Encryption!
    world saviour and Amey88 like this.
    09-29-13 08:09 AM
    Who cares about being able to run 32 cores? As far as I know there is not a chip out there with this many, let alone a mobile one. Imagine what that would do to your battery. This should not be on the list.

Posted via CB10
    I've heard of 100 cores so far. Not likely coming to consumers anytime soon. Someone in the phone world was mumbling about an 8 core phone.

Posted via CB10 on my Verizon Z10. 10.2.0.1725
    09-29-13 08:19 AM
    I see what you are doing here! It seems like you have a lot of time on your hand! But as i said before its all about choice. Apple puts you in a environment that limits that, so you`ll have to depend on APPS to do these simple task that you should be able to do on your phone out of the box. I for one don`t want to put every thing in cloud! And YES it is secure to store files on a SD card because we have Media Card Encryption and Device Encryption!
    If you enable encryption, then you've must to install app (BB Link) to access data on it. So you depends on apps too
    09-29-13 08:35 AM
    If you enable encryption, then you've must to install app (BB Link) to access data on it. So you depends on apps too
    NOPE!!!! You enable encryption from your BB10 device and you can access the data on your encrypted SD card from your device also via Password, no BB Link involve here no app! Even the legacy devices could do it! You are guessing right now! Get your self a BB 10 device and get back to us, then you will understand what we are speaking about! Ok!
    Last edited by mujahid 10; 09-29-13 at 09:17 AM.
    wincyUt and anfidhlear like this.
    09-29-13 09:00 AM
    I know it's been said already but SPEED...no lag and pure speed. I love this phone.

Posted via CB10
    Mic_JP likes this.
    09-29-13 09:29 AM
148 1234 ...