04-29-16 02:55 PM
60 123
tools
    Update: I have continued to test the card and after reading through the article I have become even more skeptical myself, about the validity of the device. I have not run the tests on the card, but that's in the list for today.

I will say that I have noticed the device has become more sluggish, but related or not, it should be noted.

I also must report that having removed the 128GB card and replaced it with the 32, the device continues to report that the 128 is still inserted, and formatting and erasing had no effect on the display or the card. I restarted the Z10 and the problem is fixed. The device is able to see the 128 and 32 GB sd cards, and also sees them being removed and inserted.

I am now going to run the 128GB test.

I attempted (keyword) to run the tests as described in the pdf and shown in the video, but unfortunately I was unable to complete any of the tests on the 128GB sd card, so, I am adding that card to my "trophy" and "eat crow and die" boxes.

I have since tested my 32GB and those tests were successful
    Last edited by Calvin Harris; 08-03-15 at 01:18 PM.
    peter0328 likes this.
    08-03-15 12:03 PM
    OK to help cleared this up. I ordered an SD card at that site. It stated 128 gb xc class 10 micro SD card. Arrived in SanDisk packaging. I reformatted in exFAT, then pushed 100 gb of data to it. The data took and was replayable. With the computer reformat my phone was not able to see it. Reformatted with my Passport and it was able to be read again.

I am currently re-pushing my data to it. But so far, yes it is 128 class 10.( I know it is class 10 because it took 100 gigs in a few hours) now that my Passport sees it again I expect it to run smooth once reinserted into my phone.

Edit: the push failed. So I decided to pull from my backup to my Passport. So far that is working. So seems cards are legit but take work.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Draven2666; 08-15-15 at 05:24 AM.
    08-15-15 04:02 AM
    Deal ? Compatible?

kingston micro 64gb xc today only $40cdn
    Kingston UHS-I U3 MicroSDXC Card, 64GB w/ Adapter at Memory Express
    physical location, western Canada.
    09-14-15 03:11 PM
    I purchased a sandisk 128gb card from ebay for around 25$, put it in phone, didn't work, formatted on computer then put in phone and the phone recognized the card and the correct capacity, but then once I tried to put more than 32gb of files on it the card kept having errors.

I purchased a sandisk 128gb card from canada computers for around 110$, which looked almost identical to the card I got from ebay, put it in phone, the phone gave a prompt saying it was installing drivers or something like that, then it was good to go in a matter of seconds. No issues with the card holding any amount of files, I'm up to about 80gb of content on it and it works great!

My honest belief is if it doesn't work rite out of the box with the phone, it's a strong indication that it is not what it claims to be.

Also I should note that the read/write speeds between the 2 cards are night and day difference. Since I have the cheap online card sitting around, I use it in a sd card reader and use it to swap files from one computer to another here and there, and I regularly have issues where the computers won't read that the card has been inserted, I have to restart the computers and then it reads ok. These problems don't happen with the one I purchased from canada computers.

I don't work for Canada computers, it's just the only retail location I could find in my area that actually carries this product in store.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by irwindersra; 09-14-15 at 04:14 PM.
    09-14-15 04:01 PM
    Just a week ago I bought a SanDisk Ultra 128GB microSDXC from Amazon for around 55 for the BB-Classic, changing over from a SanDisk 64GB which I had from my Z10 ever since I got the mobile three years ago.
    Did format the 128GB card with the Classic, working as expected, still lots of space to fill up.
    Used a pigtail microUSB to copy all the data with the BB-FileManager right of the old 64GB in to place to the 128GB already encrypted without any issues.

The price for this 128GB dropped by halve over the last 6 month!

128GB micro sd card & z10 /z30 / q5 / q10?-img_20150915_085048.png

Posted via -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.2.+*
    09-15-15 03:00 AM
    I purchased a sandisk 128gb card from ebay for around 25$, put it in phone, didn't work, formatted on computer then put in phone and the phone recognized the card and the correct capacity, but then once I tried to put more than 32gb of files on it the card kept having errors.

I purchased a sandisk 128gb card from canada computers for around 110$, which looked almost identical to the card I got from ebay, put it in phone, the phone gave a prompt saying it was installing drivers or something like that, then it was good to go in a matter of seconds. No issues with the card holding any amount of files, I'm up to about 80gb of content on it and it works great!

My honest belief is if it doesn't work rite out of the box with the phone, it's a strong indication that it is not what it claims to be.

Also I should note that the read/write speeds between the 2 cards are night and day difference. Since I have the cheap online card sitting around, I use it in a sd card reader and use it to swap files from one computer to another here and there, and I regularly have issues where the computers won't read that the card has been inserted, I have to restart the computers and then it reads ok. These problems don't happen with the one I purchased from canada computers.

I don't work for Canada computers, it's just the only retail location I could find in my area that actually carries this product in store.

Posted via CB10
    Your issue with the SD card bought on eBay might be that it is counterfeit.
    https://shopping.yahoo.com/news/dupe...204207498.html
    09-15-15 04:42 AM
    Your issue with the SD card bought on eBay might be that it is counterfeit.
    https://shopping.yahoo.com/news/dupe...204207498.html
    I am certain it is counterfeit! Lol

Posted via CB10
    09-15-15 12:39 PM
    SD Card Tester ***backup ur stuf... seems it might be DESTRUCTIVE***

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rdTester&hl=en
    09-15-15 02:50 PM
    I just received my 128GB micro SD card today. I ordered it a few weeks ago from ebay.co.uk (not sure if I am allowed to say what websited I used but never mind my mistake). Got it in my white blackberry z10 So it looks like blackberry 10 os does support micro SD cards up to 128GB
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-08-15 01:57 PM
    I had a 128 GB Lexar 633x card in my Passport Silver Edition. The passport is crapping out on me so I had to switch back to my old Q5. Popped the card in, the phone downloaded drivers and it's working perfectly. I have just over 64 GB of files on it right now, mostly music.
    04-29-16 02:55 PM
60 123