I fully understand your point. Me viceversa, I tried to use the less possible my pc/mac. But sometimes I had too...but being always moving, I had to be ready to read and check docs, modifying them and use a lot emails.

Concerning to the post apocalypse of BB10....well, I had Win Mobile ( I liked it...but insanely killed at the wrong time), I used for almost a year Android alone or with BB10, and I did not like it so much so to make it my to be used OS. I have to admit that Android did huge steps ahead from the time of Android 4.3.... you have many options, but I have a lot of concerns regarding privacy and security. For sure the BlackBerry Android are miles better than the stock Android, but I still do not see any consistent privacy. So I am using now since 3 months IOS.... and I quite like it a lot. I have all the apps I need ( I am not a huge app users), and I am quite satisfied. I keep on prefer bb10 for email, listening to radio ( some radio channels I could not find on IOS or only on insane Abonnement ) and the keyboard. So use now 60% IOS ( IPhone se 128 gb), and 40% bb10. My nice Nokia 5 will rarely used, or no more than 10 hrs per week.

Concerning to the servers.... it is what it is.we are still far from end 2019....., so no need to panic. And I guess in one year probably TLC so as other producers will present new models.

Greetings,

Elfabio

Posted via CB10
    CHEATER !!!!!!! You’ve bought an iPhone and dual carry, you're not the same elfabio80 I’ve know here at CrackBerry...... You’ve changed ........ I’m just kidding with you. Congratulations with evolution. It’s different. BTW, check out the iMore site. I use it for good info with my iPhone and iPad. Love my KEYone but my daughters have gotten older and my older kids made them iSisters. Even my spouse is now an iMom. They like to FaceTime and iMessage. LOL.

Chuck Finley69
    elfabio80 likes this.
    06-13-18 08:38 AM
    Bb10 phone is a great enhanced feature phone.

We ask the God Chen to keep blackberry id server or to sell to a compagny for making great enhanced phone.

I'm dreaming

Love Peace and Share
    06-13-18 09:54 AM
    Bb10 phone is a great enhanced feature phone.

We ask the God Chen to keep blackberry id server or to sell to a compagny for making great enhanced phone.

I'm dreaming

Love Peace and Share
    You don't ask, you PAY. BlackBerry isn't a charity. BB10 nearly bankrupted them, so here we are.
    06-13-18 09:58 AM
    You don't ask, you PAY. BlackBerry isn't a charity. BB10 nearly bankrupted them, so here we are.
    we can paid for annual paying for still have bb id Server bbm for BB10 like whatapps before.
    06-13-18 11:32 AM
    we can paid for annual paying for still have bb id Server bbm for BB10 like whatapps before.
    Sure. But how much do you think that entire infrastructure costs to house, maintain, and support? Then divide that by the 219 people left on BB10 on Jan 1 2020.
    06-13-18 11:33 AM
    Sure. But how much do you think that entire infrastructure costs to house, maintain, and support? Then divide that by the 219 people left on BB10 on Jan 1 2020.
    For 219 people, buttons.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-18 12:22 PM
    I actually paid for BBM protected.

But if they want me to spend any other single dime on them, they need to do a better job.
    If they can't, the best I can do is pay for BBM Protected.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-18 03:53 AM
    Still wasn't stock.
    What do you mean by stock ?

For me a BlackBerry App pre installed on the device is stock.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-18 05:52 AM
    What do you mean by stock ?

For me a BlackBerry App pre installed on the device is stock.

Posted via CB10
    It wasn't pre-installed. It had to be downloaded from BlackBerry World.
    06-14-18 07:12 AM
    Since I was the one to first claim that Connect to OneDrive was stock, I'd like to summarize the issue: Connect to Dropbox was a stock app (built by BlackBerry I assume).

Connect to OneDrive was developed by BlackBerry and released in 2014. Although I recalled it being a stock app on 10.3.3 (AT&T OTA), I have been assured by Conite and others that I'm wrong and it had to be downloaded from BlackBerry World.

In any case, it was a native app, built by BlackBerry, and works flawlessly (much better, in my opinion, than the current OneDrive app in Android, which, for example, will not allow me to copy an entire folder from my OneDrive to my SD card on my KEYone!)

Posted with my trusty Z10
    conite and brookie229 like this.
    06-14-18 08:41 AM
    CHEATER !!!!!!! You’ve bought an iPhone and dual carry, you're not the same elfabio80 I’ve know here at CrackBerry...... You’ve changed ........ I’m just kidding with you. Congratulations with evolution. It’s different. BTW, check out the iMore site. I use it for good info with my iPhone and iPad. Love my KEYone but my daughters have gotten older and my older kids made them iSisters. Even my spouse is now an iMom. They like to FaceTime and iMessage. LOL.

Chuck Finley69
    Ahahahaha, thanks dude!!! Well, but I keep on use both Bb10 and Iphone... it depends also on the context.

The fact is that I cannot stop to use bb10...the keyboards, email, semplicity...really great for me. For sure the browser is getting old... Anyway IOS is not that bad.

Big hugs man!!

Posted via CB10
    06-14-18 03:28 PM
    I am willing to stick my neck out and say OneDrive was/is stock. I have it on all my BB10 devices and I have never used it till just a few weeks ago. It has always existed on my devices and I don't recall ever downloading it. (Why download if I never intend to use it?? Back when I started this BlackBerry adventure I didn't run Microsoft anything, not even my primary desktop OS was Microsoft)

Now that my employer is all-in for Microsoft and the cloud, I did give it a spin. Here's the real kicker for me: OneDrive on BB10 is the smoothest most seamless experience for OneDrive. I have it on my Android phones and it is not as good. Even my Windows 10 Phone doesn't work as nicely!! That was a real surprise.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-18 04:16 PM
    I am willing to stick my neck out and say OneDrive was/is stock.
    Nope.......your neck is now separated from your head.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    06-14-18 04:21 PM
    I am willing to stick my neck out and say OneDrive was/is stock. I have it on all my BB10 devices and I have never used it till just a few weeks ago. It has always existed on my devices and I don't recall ever downloading it. (Why download if I never intend to use it?? Back when I started this BlackBerry adventure I didn't run Microsoft anything, not even my primary desktop OS was Microsoft)

Now that my employer is all-in for Microsoft and the cloud, I did give it a spin. Here's the real kicker for me: OneDrive on BB10 is the smoothest most seamless experience for OneDrive. I have it on my Android phones and it is not as good. Even my Windows 10 Phone doesn't work as nicely!! That was a real surprise.

Posted via CB10
    It really is awesome. What I enjoy most is that, once installed, I never have to use the OneDrive app in BB10, just the integrated, fully functional BB10 file manager that Android should have offered.

I wish developers and the Android team would recognize that some want to use as few apps as possible, with maximum functionality. I don't want different apps for OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox, Box, etc. I just want a single, stock file manager that can add all of those locations, plus my local storage and SD card.

On my Windows computer,I just use File Explorer for all network and cloud drives. If I had to open a separate app for each storage location I would go back to floppy drives!

Get with the program, Android devs. Just because I use a service doesn't mean I want or need a new freaking interface!

06-14-18 04:51 PM
    It really is awesome. What I enjoy most is that, once installed, I never have to use the OneDrive app in BB10, just the integrated, fully functional BB10 file manager that Android should have offered.

I wish developers and the Android team would recognize that some want to use as few apps as possible, with maximum functionality. I don't want different apps for OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox, Box, etc. I just want a single, stock file manager that can add all of those locations, plus my local storage and SD card.

On my Windows computer,I just use File Explorer for all network and cloud drives. If I had to open a separate app for each storage location I would go back to floppy drives!

Get with the program, Android devs. Just because I use a service doesn't mean I want or need a new freaking interface!

^^^^^THIS!!!!!!!

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.3216
    06-14-18 07:46 PM

All the top file managers on Android have all of the cloud sources fully integrated. Not to mention LAN, FTP, WebDav, etc.
    Last edited by conite; 06-14-18 at 11:55 PM.
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    06-14-18 08:23 PM
    All the top file managers on Android have all of the cloud sources fully integrated.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...d3c1836164.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...a82ba7963e.jpg
    In Oreo the native Android file manager automatically integrates with installed cloud apps as well.
    06-14-18 11:53 PM
    My bad then, it must be among the first apps I downloaded when reinstalling a BB10 device, and probably forgot it.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-18 02:03 AM
    In Oreo the native Android file manager automatically integrates with installed cloud apps as well.
    If that's the case, then I'll be satisfied. I'm fine with third party file managers having better features than the stock ones, but not being able to copy an album from my cloud storage to my SD card without a third party app is a total OS fail, IMO. The whole point of an OS is to manage basic, universal services, and nothing is more universal than moving a folder that you own from one location to another.

Last edited by bb10adopter111; 06-15-18 at 04:48 AM.
    06-15-18 03:29 AM
    All the top file managers on Android have all of the cloud sources fully integrated. Not to mention LAN, FTP, WebDav, etc.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...d3c1836164.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...a82ba7963e.jpg
    I just won't buy the argument that I shouldn't be able to move a folder from a mainstream cloud service like OneDrive to my SD card without a third party app. That's an OS function. I'm encouraged by the report that Oreo may address it.

Last edited by bb10adopter111; 06-15-18 at 04:49 AM.
    06-15-18 03:32 AM
    I just won't buy the argument that I shouldn't be able to move a folder from a mainstream cloud service like OneDrive to my SD card without a third party app. That's an OS function. I'm encouraged by the report that Oreo may address it.

IOS and Android didn't even have file managers for many years. By the time they relented, 3rd party solutions had already flourished and many became so good that it would be almost impossible to "catch up".
    06-15-18 06:22 AM
    IOS and Android didn't even have file managers for many years. By the time they relented, 3rd party solutions had already flourished and many became so good that it would be almost impossible to "catch up".
    The fact that they didn't see the need when they created the OSes in the first place speaks volumes about their attitude toward end users. Any use case that doesn't involve moving folders full of files from one authorized location to another on a network isn't an work-ready OS, IMO.

IOS and Android were designed as launchers/task switchers with stores for selling apps and content. That's a consumer model, where every user decides for herself what to install.

I know you love the flexibility of selecting best-in-breed applications for each function, and I think that's great. But there's also an argument to be made for a simple, integrated, "good-enough" approach that minimizes the number of apps and interfaces required to get stuff done.

06-15-18 06:55 AM
    If I have to choose either one between iOS or Android. I will go for iOS despite its stupid virtual keyboard. Actually the virtual keyboard does bring me a lot of conveniences when typing in my native language but it is still a disaster.

I did go through some serious evaluation before I finally have to make the switch.

I have tried Keyone, Priv, iPhone SE.
    None of them takes the place of my Passport(Classic will be a different case for I can't stand the slowness of browser since I do rely on it.)

Keyone is now in my car without a Sim card in case both of Passport and iPhone SE die on juice.

I think I am pretty reasonable when it comes to switching platforms. But I am pretty resistant.

Posted via CB10
    Not sure that an iPhone SE is a good model for iOS. Just too small in my opinion.
    06-15-18 07:10 AM
    Samsung phones come with their own file manager. They integrate with Google Drive and OneDrive, along with their own cloud drive.
    06-15-18 09:12 AM
    Samsung phones come with their own file manager. They integrate with Google Drive and OneDrive, along with their own cloud drive.
    So does Huawei. It's good enough that I don't need a 3rd party file manager. It will also connect to my personal Cloud (Western Digital) with ease, so in this respect android has improved greatly imho.
    06-15-18 09:28 AM
227 ... 56789 ...