im used Z10/STL100-2 in china , but the device and OS are incompatible to china moblie FDD networks,i have a device for 4G/LTE but can`t used it . Blackberry is plan to penetration into china market or improvise the OS to support china moblie FDD networks .

thank you
    05-18-15 11:24 PM
    Happy to meet chinese people here, your english is mamahuhu (马马虎虎),

Posted via CB10
    05-19-15 12:12 AM
    the thing is in china, india and several other countries in the world they adopt the TDD-LTE instead of the FDD which is the world base technology of LTE which requires special chipsets to enable the phone to get the LTE network.

perhaps Chen has something being baked, i'm sure he will do the right thing to support the chinese market & to grow the berries over there in his own mainland..
    yeo123 likes this.
    05-19-15 12:31 AM
    Also keep in mind that many of the carriers do not have the backend hardware which is required to connect to the BB internet framework which supports BBM, etc
    Hence, you still won't be able to use those functions. It's not a phone problem, it's simply the carriers don't have a working agreement with BB
    05-19-15 12:38 AM
    mamadie(麻麻跌),is not yamadie(雅蠛蝶)。
    05-19-15 10:29 AM
    Also keep in mind that many of the carriers do not have the backend hardware which is required to connect to the BB internet framework which supports BBM, etc
    Hence, you still won't be able to use those functions. It's not a phone problem, it's simply the carriers don't have a working agreement with BB
    That wouldn't be true for BB10.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-15 04:00 PM
    That wouldn't be true for BB10.

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately it still is
    Even though you don't need a BIS plan, the carrier still needs the backend hardware for the phone to establish a secure connection to BB servers (somehow over wifi, there is not a problem)
    It seems odd I know, but it's a major problem with carriers in Asia
    Most carriers elsewhere have carried BBOS devices prior so they don't run into this problem
    05-19-15 04:33 PM
    Even though you don't need a BIS plan, the carrier still needs the backend hardware for the phone to establish a secure connection to BB servers (somehow over wifi, there is not a problem)
    Most carriers elsewhere have carried BBOS devices prior so they don't run into this problem
    On BB10 the secure connection is provided by TLS. Not that it makes any difference because BIS is/was not secured.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.2708 SR 10.3.1.1865
    05-19-15 04:40 PM
    I highly doubt that, as well. BBM is available over WIFI on BB10. Which means if you cannot get it over cell in your country, it is due to firewalls, not for lack of special hardware.
    05-19-15 05:20 PM
    I highly doubt that, as well. BBM is available over WIFI on BB10. Which means if you cannot get it over cell in your country, it is due to firewalls, not for lack of special hardware.
    I tried a couple times when I was in Asia
    Some carriers get BBM, others don't on Z10
    I mean unless some protocols or ports aren't open, but I was told otherwise
    05-20-15 05:43 PM