OP, really liked your video, agree with poster above if you were showing what feature your were talking about would be a little more clear. Didn't really see anything that is a new feature though, a lot of it is catching up, a lot of it is refining what BB excels at. That being said, can't wait to see 10.3 on a passport in person, I will be buying for my work phone.
    08-28-14 01:43 AM
    Hi OP (pttptppt). Just using this opportunity to thank you immensely for your efforts in making a video just to show us why we should switch from os 10.2 to os10.3. I decided I wasnt going to till the official arrived though i was getting bored each and every day of the 10.2 software. Then i saw you post, read and watched your video and decided to take the plunge. Afterall, it wouldn't hurt much cos i had already made a backup of my device. I actually used the sachesi method to upgrade the software on my z30 to the 10.3 os and believe me, I've been sailing smoothly since yesterday and even managed to convince a couple of friends to come join the great blackberry experience. Man, I must say, 10.3 MOST DEFINITELY ROCKS and anyone who's not upgraded to this 10.3 leak yet is doing him/herself a great diservice. Thanks again brother and keep up the good work cos it surely is appreciated. God bless you, God bless Crackberry and God bless Blackberry and all its die hard fans. #BB4EVER

I made a video with the top 10 features of 10.3 (there were a couple other such as Advanced Interactions but I didn't know how to put it on video). These features are good to know for the following:
    1. Convince people to switch to BB10
    2. If you are hesitant to try a 10.3 leak
    3. If you don't want to update because you'll miss a feature (ex. type to go)

Hope you guys enjoy and please like and subscribe so my channel can become bigger:
    pttptppt likes this.
    08-28-14 07:21 AM
    Hi OP (pttptppt). Just using this opportunity to thank you immensely for your efforts in making a video just to show us why we should switch from os 10.2 to os10.3. I decided I wasnt going to till the official arrived though i was getting bored each and every day of the 10.2 software. Then i saw you post, read and watched your video and decided to take the plunge. Afterall, it wouldn't hurt much cos i had already made a backup of my device. I actually used the sachesi method to upgrade the software on my z30 to the 10.3 os and believe me, I've been sailing smoothly since yesterday and even managed to convince a couple of friends to come join the great blackberry experience. Man, I must say, 10.3 MOST DEFINITELY ROCKS and anyone who's not upgraded to this 10.3 leak yet is doing him/herself a great diservice. Thanks again brother and keep up the good work cos it surely is appreciated. God bless you, God bless Crackberry and God bless Blackberry and all its die hard fans. #BB4EVER
    Thanks so much for the long thank you post. The purpose of my YouTube channel is to help people with bb10, show new features etc. The problem is I have like 20 subscribers and that's not nearly enough. My goal is to make videos that people from different platforms will see and hopefully they'll understand how good BlackBerry is. In order to do that, I need to have more likes and a lot more views than I currently have. I'd greatly appreciate it if you can share this channel with as many people as you can and tell them to share through Facebook or what not. This effort can pay off if people from other platforms start to watch. Thank you

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 07:59 AM
    I find it Elegant what you find boring and dull and I cannot stand android. It is so crippled that I cannot even imagine getting an android.

Posted via CB10

Crippled?? I've heard alot about android, but crippled is not one of them. That's probably the most expansive, customizable OS in existence.
    08-28-14 08:09 AM
    Crippled?? I've heard alot about android, but crippled is not one of them. That's probably the most expansive, customizable OS in existence.
    As much as i hate android, I definitely agree that android is the most customisable Os and a heaven for geek users yet this is also the reason I hate android as the whole ecosystem is one whole mess with no standard design for icon and across Ui. Every OEM and developers apply their own Ui.

Symbian is still and always my favourite Os. Nokia 808. FilePLAY Music Player
    08-28-14 08:39 AM
    So flat icons have been the trend on mobile OS's for a while before iOS or Android?
    Flat icons became a trend online before becoming a trend on mobile OS.

Posted via CB10
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    08-28-14 09:43 AM
    10.3 has an awesome UI. How does the music player look? And the gallery?
    08-28-14 10:35 AM

10 Features that should convince you to try 10.3-img_20140828_124402.png
    10 Features that should convince you to try 10.3-img_20140828_124406.png
    10 Features that should convince you to try 10.3-img_20140828_124417.png
    10 Features that should convince you to try 10.3-img_20140828_124433.png
    10 Features that should convince you to try 10.3-img_20140828_124437.png
    10 Features that should convince you to try 10.3-img_20140828_124444.png

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 11:45 AM
    Is there supposed to be audio in this video? I can't hear anything. (Speakers ARE on, volume IS turned up, all other sounds ARE working)
    08-28-14 06:33 PM
    Guys what do you think of the video?

Posted via CB10
    The listed items was more useful to me.
    08-28-14 07:20 PM
    The best music play, on any platform, is Neutron.
    08-28-14 07:21 PM
    Is there supposed to be audio in this video? I can't hear anything. (Speakers ARE on, volume IS turned up, all other sounds ARE working)
    No, just a song

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 07:52 PM
    Guys what do you think of the video?

Posted via CB10
    Well put together, but it seems as though the speed is higher than 1x. This may give the false illusion that the OS is actually quicker and more responsive than it actually is. Can you double check your original footage and compare?
    Also, your video may have benefited from having some background music, albeit of a very secondary nature. Web viewers will enjoy it even more if you do.

My two cents,

(Edit) Okay I just read there is suppose to be some audio already. I could not hear it over my Z30. Sorry if I missed it.
    Last edited by bizzarothor; 08-29-14 at 07:50 AM.
    08-29-14 07:25 AM
    None of the features interested me and the Ui definitely look too "familiar". BlackBerry just want to keep copying android and ios. Why they can't make their own unique Ui. Symbian Belle and window phone Ui is a good example of unique Ui.

Symbian is still and always my favourite Os. Nokia 808. FilePLAY Music Player
    Certain degree of familiarity from Google flat look. Though Google brought the flat look to mainstream, everyone has since copied it (including most websites) so it's unfair to suggest BlackBerry is somehow the only one here copying that look. Even ios has moved to flatten their design features. It looks good and I think at this point in time, everything that isn't flat looks a bit cheap. I'm sure tastes will change but for now this is a smart design decision.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 08:32 AM
    Design and UI looks great. One worry though: did I see correctly that unread messages in the hub defaulted as grey and then coloured icons were for "selected" communications?

Currently, unread icons are coloured and I prefer it that way.

Anyway...UX is stylish but I want functionality enhanced. That's what excited me.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 08:35 AM
    Well put together, but it seems as though the speed is higher than 1x. This may give the false illusion that the OS is actually quicker and more responsive than it actually is. Can you double check your original footage and compare?
    Also, your video may have benefited from having some background music, albeit of a very secondary nature. Web viewers will enjoy it even more if you do.

My two cents,

(Edit) Okay I just read there is suppose to be some audio already. I could not hear it over my Z30. Sorry if I missed it.
    There is music and the video is normal speed

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 09:04 AM
    Design and UI looks great. One worry though: did I see correctly that unread messages in the hub defaulted as grey and then coloured icons were for "selected" communications?

Currently, unread icons are coloured and I prefer it that way.

Anyway...UX is stylish but I want functionality enhanced. That's what excited me.

Posted via CB10
    No, if you press the triage, and then you press the icon of the notification, you can set I read or unread without actually opening the app

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 09:05 AM
    Great job on the video.. did you find a screen capture app or are you using an hdmi capture card? Either way I like it. Keep up the good work!

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 09:16 AM
    Great job on the video.. did you find a screen capture app or are you using an hdmi capture card? Either way I like it. Keep up the good work!

Posted via CB10
    Thanks. Theres actually quite a few screen recording apps in blackberry world (im pretty sure all of them cost a buck). The one I have is b Toysoft I think and it's built for blackberry status
    08-29-14 11:21 AM
    Man, now I wanna try 10.3...
    Can I ask a few questions?
    1) If you have leaked 10.3 and when the official comes out, will it still update through my carrier even though I'd have a leaked 10.3 on it?
    2) Do I backup my device to my PC with the blackberry software?
    3) Which 10.3 leak/version should I use?
    4) What is sachi's and all these similar names people are speaking of?
    5) After a person installs 10.3, do they then have to reset up their email accounts, twitter, reload contacts, linked in, etc etc?

Sorry for the questions, I looked on here and see so many different methods and infomation...
    08-29-14 04:17 PM
    Man, now I wanna try 10.3...
    Can I ask a few questions?
    1) If you have leaked 10.3 and when the official comes out, will it still update through my carrier even though I'd have a leaked 10.3 on it?
    2) Do I backup my device to my PC with the blackberry software?
    3) Which 10.3 leak/version should I use?
    4) What is sachi's and all these similar names people are speaking of?
    5) After a person installs 10.3, do they then have to reset up their email accounts, twitter, reload contacts, linked in, etc etc?

Sorry for the questions, I looked on here and see so many different methods and infomation...
    1. Yes you will be able to update ota
    2. You can backup using Link because 1052 is an autoloader update which means everything gets wiped when you install. Using a backup will get your backup back (warning some users mentioned to not use a backup and to start fresh because backups don't play well with this update)
    3. Use 10.3.0.1052 autoloader. Then, if you're having battery, keyboard (touch screen keyboard) or camera problems, download Sachesi (an application made by a fellow member named Xsacha) and download the 10.3.0.1130 core (and the radio (phone calls/data/text messages) if you have a z10 or z30 (make sure you download the right radio for your device). If you have any other device, you can install the core but you can't install the radio or your phone will get bricked. Now install the core using Sachesi (or any other side loading tool since the core and radio are .bar files).

If you want you can also install the 10.3.0.1154 apps but it won't make a difference

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 05:24 PM
    1. Yes you will be able to update ota
    cool
    2. You can backup using Link because 1052 is an autoloader update which means everything gets wiped when you install. Using a backup will get your backup back (warning some users mentioned to not use a backup and to start fresh because backups don't play well with this update)
    3. Use 10.3.0.1052 autoloader. Then, if you're having battery, keyboard (touch screen keyboard) or camera problems, download Sachesi (an application made by a fellow member named Xsacha) and download the 10.3.0.1130 core (and the radio (phone calls/data/text messages) if you have a z10 or z30 (make sure you download the right radio for your device). If you have any other device, you can install the core but you can't install the radio or your phone will get bricked. Now install the core using Sachesi (or any other side loading tool since the core and radio are .bar files).

If you want you can also install the 10.3.0.1154 apps but it won't make a difference

Posted via CB10
    Thanks very much!
    so back, do that version with autoloader, if all works then restore and I'm done (that'll put back my contacts, apps, email settings etc?)
    Then if those others are having issues, do the sachi's deal right?
    08-29-14 06:12 PM
    cool

Thanks very much!
    so back, do that version with autoloader, if all works then restore and I'm done (that'll put back my contacts, apps, email settings etc?)
    Then if those others are having issues, do the sachi's deal right?
    Correct. I don't know how much backup really backs up because I never used it but before jumping in, I suggest you upload your files (music, videos, documents etc.) to drop box or to your computer and sync your contacts with Gmail or Outlook. That was you know at least you will have the essentials if the backup doesn't work for whatever reason

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 06:18 PM
    Been using OS 10.3 leak for a week and returned to 10.2.2 (Germany OS). Best OS if you live outside US.
    The 10.3 OS is not ready for the prime time.
    Pro: Nice UI, solid battery.
    Cons: lagged, insensitive touch screen, double typing, disappointing new assistant ( simple way: keyboard type "bbm" "tw" "fb" in 10.2 will get you there), the home screen.

Suggestion: if you don't have to babysit, go head to try it.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 10:06 PM
74 123