In 10.2 the following was possible...

- Using the volume keys, drop the volume level down to nil so that the mute icon appears.
    - Now, just press the volume down button one more time. POW! The handset vibrates and the Silent Mode notification appears on the screen to both to let you know that it is now in Silent Mode.
    - This can be done from the lock screen as well, so you don't have to worry about unlocking the phone or being able to see the screen. Just thumb that volume rocker!
    - To return the phone to your previous sound profile, just press the volume up key.

Was this functionality remove or forgotten with the update? I can still mute the notifications by lowering the notifications volume, but it doesn't flip it to vibrate. There's also no "vibrate when volume is on low" option in the settings that I can find.

This was a nice feature because it could be done with one hand, sort of like the physical mute switch with the iphone. Now I have to unlock the phone, enter my alpha-numeric password (work policy), access the quick settings menu (one finger or 2), switch profile to vibrate, then rinse and repeat when done? makes no sense.

help.

EDIT: I have the Z30 running the latest 10.3.1 OS
    Last edited by OttawaFred; 03-02-15 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Added phone specs
    03-02-15 01:40 PM
    I've noticed the same thing, very annoying because now you have to actually switch the sound profile. I haven't been able to find a way around it yet

Posted from my Z30
    04-02-15 10:25 AM