I must say I like that new camera icon, but maybe because I find red and black together as sexy

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.2141
    Vector-SS likes this.
    05-19-14 11:37 PM
    Fresh, minimalistic, and about time.
    05-20-14 12:10 AM
    Looks great. I'm really digging it.

Posted via my beautiful Q10
    05-20-14 12:11 AM
    I really like the flat design but don't understand why some are flat and some are not. BBM and text messaging etc should also be flat otherwise it looks half arsed

Posted via CB10
    05-20-14 01:17 AM
    I'm just hoping they'll dump circle icons. Now it's mess - squares, circles and free form icons.
    Also, I don't like circular center action button in some menus. Not really a flat design.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-14 05:14 PM
    I really like the flat design but don't understand why some are flat and some are not. BBM and text messaging etc should also be flat otherwise it looks half arsed

Posted via CB10
    Because its a leak?

Posted via CB10
    05-20-14 08:18 PM
    BlackBerry already went flat along time ago

10.3 UI design...-images.jpg

05-20-14 10:05 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	images.jpg 
Views:	3458 
Size:	13.3 KB 
ID:	272337

I still prefer that maps icon.

Sent from the ocean using my waterproof Z10
    g2gcya likes this.
    05-21-14 07:08 AM
    The problem with BlackBerry is that it's boring. It's really good (the best!), but people don't appreciate the fundamentals. People like the flashy stuff. Without any new O/S updates, app updates, features, software updates, whatever... BlackBerry isn't on the news. If BlackBerry says they'll release a phone update "by the end of the year", then the only press BlackBerry will get will be by the end of the year. There's no way around it and by the end of the year we will hear the same comments again, "people still use BlackBerry?". Give us something, even if it's mediocre small updates, but keep them coming. Find loopholes like how Microsoft has "developer previews", but don't stop when you have momentum.
    05-21-14 07:58 PM
    The UI does look fresh, clean, and livelier. But also, for the Z10, it has become faster, and the battery life is much much better.

I can't wait for the official release.

BlackBerry Z10 | 10.3.0.296
    apodkos and 00_Agent like this.
    05-21-14 08:18 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	images.jpg 
Views:	3458 
Size:	13.3 KB 
ID:	272337

And that started as far back as OS 4.6 & 5

Posted via CB10
    05-21-14 08:24 PM
    And that started as far back as OS 4.6 & 5

Posted via CB10
    Then they gave some texture into it. Now going back to the flats.

05-21-14 08:59 PM
    I think 10.2.1 is already quite minimalist. Sure, the icons have gradients and a 3D effect, and the UI has gradients, but I think it's beautiful, minimalist, and simple.
    I don't want my phone to look like Android or iOS. There are common elements amongst all mobile UIs, but they shouldn't be too similar.

Posted via CB10
    peter0328 likes this.
    05-21-14 09:06 PM

Posted via CB10
    They already mentioned that it's a work in progress...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Katleho Moloi likes this.
    05-21-14 09:39 PM
    I'm liking the new styling as well. It's simple, clean, and runs really well. I'm looking forward to a more stable leak.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    05-22-14 12:35 AM
    I'm liking the new styling as well. It's simple, clean, and runs really well. I'm looking forward to a more stable leak.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    Or the release itself.

05-22-14 01:11 AM
    Really liking it. It makes my Z10 the perfect companion to my Nexus 7.
    Great, it's an Android clone.

Google's UIs are some of the most nonsensical and disjointed around.

Attachment 270438

You can finally enjoy your wallpaper with the boxes gone
    You can barely make out the text for Remember, Games, Browser, Settings, Maps...

Backgrounds serve a purpose.

I can't wait to finally have a blank home page where no icons block my wallpaper.
    When I want to look at a picture, I'll open the picture. When I want to do something with my phone, I want to wake it up to something useful, not just a blank page.
    p_r_a_g_m_a likes this.
    05-22-14 01:56 AM
    Yes
    Attachment 270464

Posted via CB10
    So they've screwed up the dialogue boxes now too?

WTF don't I just buy a Nexus? Boring, dull and flat. The OK and Cancel buttons just look like decoration. This flat design is the most boring, dull, uninspiring and uninviting I've seen for a while.

FFS, make buttons look like buttons instead of just a background element.

Just like Android - the heading of the dialogue box is just boring text floating around somewhere. There's nothing to differentiate it from the rest of the text in the box. The shading behind the OK and Cancel buttons is nearly impossible to see. I predict that to be a nightmare to read outside.

Delineation is important. Knowing what is a heading vs. option text is important. Knowing where to tap is important.

This is everything I HATE about Android now stuffed into BB10. It's worse than the stuff that comes out the back end of

EDIT: Oh yeh, there's a link above in my text, but you won't find it - I've made it look exactly like all the other text. Just like Android's design, the link blends into the rest of the text around it. Making everything look the same whether you're supposed to interact with it or not... well that's just crap design.
    Last edited by ssbtech; 05-22-14 at 02:20 AM.
    p_r_a_g_m_a and peter0328 like this.
    05-22-14 02:04 AM
    When I want to look at a picture, I'll open the picture. When I want to do something with my phone, I want to wake it up to something useful, not just a blank page.
    The fastest method to do something is still searching for it. Even if my main icons are all in the first page, searching for an app is still faster. I'd rather type, "br" for browser than look for the icon in a page full of icons.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-14 04:11 AM
    I don't understand their decision with the UI components. Icons OK, they're currently very 3D, but the UI components? They're already flat enough (well, I guess they're not pure flat, but I'm saying they're already very plain)

If they go any simpler, they'd lose UI altogether

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.2141
    ssbtech and peter0328 like this.
    05-22-14 05:04 AM
    Looking forward to the change! I really like the new look
    05-22-14 08:48 AM
    The fastest method to do something is still searching for it. Even if my main icons are all in the first page, searching for an app is still faster. I'd rather type, "br" for browser than look for the icon in a page full of icons.
    I use the universal search quite often, but that doesn't mean I don't want to see the icons properly. How about a phone with no icons? We could call it BB DOS.
    05-22-14 11:39 AM
    I use the universal search quite often, but that doesn't mean I don't want to see the icons properly. How about a phone with no icons? We could call it BB DOS.
    I could care less if a phone has icons or not, if it functions. I don't think I've ever used a BlackBerry icon while on the BlackBerry Z30. Seems easier to just search for it.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-14 01:05 PM
    I could care less if a phone has icons or not, if it functions. I don't think I've ever used a BlackBerry icon while on the BlackBerry Z30. Seems easier to just search for it.

Posted via CB10
    Funny thing about that is, it still shows an icon when you search for it.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-14 01:26 PM
    Funny thing about that is, it still shows an icon when you search for it.

Posted via CB10
    So? It's not as if it would change anything if it's displayed as an icon or text. It's just a box with a little picture. If they change the icons, cool. If they don't change it, then that's cool too. It doesn't change the experience for me though because although I appreciate the aesthetics, I prefer functionality. The BlackBerry is rated higher for me than other phones because of its multi-tasking qualities, not it's looks. Although I do prefer minimalism, even if it's duller since it looks more professional.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-14 03:12 PM
236 12345 ...