I've discussed in several threads (as others have as well) about the quote/unquote "ineffectiveness" of the toast notifications UNLESS you are actually in the phone using the phone.

Going back almost 2 years now, I have been carrying a spare iPhone into meetings with me just so I don't have to open my BB when the red LED flashes, but rather place the iPhone down next to me so I can quickly glance and see if something requires my immediate attention. I was really hoping Toast notifications would provide this same type of presenting you with information you need to know, and letting the user decide whether or not it was urgent. Unfortunately, it did not.

There was the obvious forum backlash to some of my other posts on the matter about "not wanting other people to see your phone", "battery life issues", etc etc etc... Sure, whatever, someone will always fight you around here. Let's pretend we're all adults in a business environment, and we're at big enough conference room tables or all on couches so we don't have to worry about nit picking this "issue".

Anyways, what I'd love to see integrated into a feature that, according to a recent CB post over 61% of people DO NOT USE THE PRIORITY HUB, so why not repurpose it? I'd love to be able to to categorize people (as you currently can do) in the PH, but when the criteria are met for those people, you get a lock-screen toast notification, and then a swipe (or in 10.3.x, "Advanced Integration") would bring you into the priority hub for access, or tapping the screen would get you straight into the message. Whatever version works best.

That way the Priority Hub not only becomes more functional and actually something I would use, but would be another reason for me to stop carrying iOS devices into meetings.
    05-13-14 12:13 AM
    I'm trying to better understand your logic here.

I know 10.3 allows you to enable a setting that would light up the screen if a message comes in, would that fix your problem with the current version of BB10?

Posted via CB10
    05-13-14 12:21 AM
    I'm trying to better understand your logic here.

I know 10.3 allows you to enable a setting that would light up the screen if a message comes in, would that fix your problem with the current version of BB10?

Posted via CB10
    What do you mean "light up the screen"?

I'm saying I want lock screen notifications to work just like in iOS, but, to appease certain people who say security and privacy are an issue, why not make it light up the lock screen only if it's a message for the Priority Hub

Posted via CB10 on 10.2.1.3139
    05-13-14 12:23 AM