I also like the new flat icons, however I am kind of a fan of more minimalistic designs anyways, Windows' metro UI is an example. So I am one of the guys who are looking forward getting those!

Double-typed and posted with a BlackBerry Q10.
    08-03-14 05:34 AM
    I also like the new flat icons, however I am kind of a fan of more minimalistic designs anyways, Windows' metro UI is an example. So I am one of the guys who are looking forward getting those!

Double-typed and posted with a BlackBerry Q10.
    Same

Posted via CB10
    08-03-14 08:48 AM
    Can someone post a picture of the new icons? I like what I have now.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-14 10:18 AM
    Can someone post a picture of the new icons? I like what I have now.

Posted via CB10

10.3 features look great, except new flat icons-img_20140802_104344.png

Posted via CB10
    08-03-14 10:19 AM
    What advantage does the new system have???? Is it worth upgrading????

Posted via CB10
    08-03-14 10:20 AM
    Thanks a mil!

Posted via CB10
    08-03-14 10:21 AM
    They are ugly. A step backwards. I don't like them at all!

Posted via CB10
    08-03-14 10:23 AM
    They don't bother me either way. The flat look reminds me of OS5 icon though

Swordsmanship & Western Martial Arts Channel C000C9AF6
    08-03-14 10:47 AM
    When it comes to something aesthetic like this, there's always going to be lots of disagreement since it boils down to personal tastes.
    I like most of the new icons and I'm excited for some freshness brought to the BB10 UI / UX.

The public has only had their hands on BB10 for 2 years, but due to other delays this was a design from 3+ years ago really. UIs with flat design elements are more "in" right now, and it's nice to see BB staying somewhat with the times instead of trailing miserably behind. At least they didn't go to the extreme of iOS7's pastel paradise look.
    I understand your point but I would suggest BlackBerry 10 needs to stand out, and boring flat Ui elements (my opinion) are not the way to be different than the likes of ios, Android and Windows.
    If there was a performance impact or some other reasoning, than I would be able to accept it better. For now I feel like it is a step backwards.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-14 05:44 PM
    I understand your point but I would suggest BlackBerry 10 needs to stand out, and boring flat Ui elements (my opinion) are not the way to be different than the likes of ios, Android and Windows.
    If there was a performance impact or some other reasoning, than I would be able to accept it better. For now I feel like it is a step backwards.

Posted via CB10
    Icon color is a step backward?

Posted via CB10
    08-03-14 09:25 PM
    I personally don't like them that much buuuuuut if you think about it, those 3d icons are kind of generic which means the phone doesn't really have an identity of its own which I think is what they're targeting.

By having such unique icons it gives BlackBerry a new look which will be the new BlackBerry look probably among everything they do now

Visit GTR Lifestyle @ C001247FA
    08-03-14 11:48 PM
    I don't like the bright colors, but I don't mind the flat icons. I think a lot of BlackBerry users are just being elitist and simply don't like the flat icons because they want to separate themselves from Android & Apple. Also, c'mon, they're just icons.
    spikesolie likes this.
    08-04-14 12:07 AM
    I don't like the bright colors, but I don't mind the flat icons. I think a lot of BlackBerry users are just being elitist and simply don't like the flat icons because they want to separate themselves from Android & Apple. Also, c'mon, they're just icons.
    I thought the Ios7 ones were crap, then I saw the Android L ones same crap and now Blackberry comes up with such blurry looking minimalist icons too? What is wrong with all those high paid designers?

The good news is the hedone skin team will do a great job again and give us high quality non flat icons

Can't stand the combination of bright colors plus minimalistic approach the only ones who are out of luck without jailbreak are the ios customers.

It has nothing to do with being elitist and more with wanting quality icons. The funny thing is Android L and their minimalist approach would serve well for all that useless animation stuff.
    08-04-14 02:22 AM
    I actually like the new icons...

Posted via CB10
    08-04-14 02:58 AM
39 12