Anyone else still waiting for this ?

As Blackberry is basically killing BB10 in a few months, i wonder when will this promised update will show up into our BB10 devices.
    10-17-21 08:25 PM

As Blackberry is basically killing BB10 in a few months, i wonder when will this promised update will show up into our BB10 devices.
    Lol.

BB10 went EOD (end of development) in Aug 2018, and EOL in Dec 2019.
    pdr733 likes this.
    10-17-21 08:58 PM

Should be here any day now /s
    10-17-21 09:26 PM

What promised update? Last I remember, they rolled whatever they tried to get out all into 10.3.3.

NIAP certification was the last real promise, and we got that.
    10-17-21 10:13 PM
    Good one, OP.
    10-17-21 11:49 PM
    Thanks for my morning chuckle. LOL

Posted via CB10
    10-18-21 07:08 AM

Welcome to CrackBerry!

BlackBerry isn't killing BB10, anymore than someone pulling the plug on a brain dead family member is killing them.
    10-18-21 07:35 AM
    Will my Z10 still work in a few months ; phone calls, BBHub emails? I'm just using it as a backup phone.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-21 03:12 PM
    Will my Z10 still work in a few months ; phone calls, BBHub emails? I'm just using it as a backup phone.

Posted via CB10
    Depends.

If you are in the US, the shutdown of 3G will prevent you from making calls or texting.

Otherwise, it will work as long as you are ok without BlackBerry World, BlackBerry Protect, BBM, and doing backups/restores.
    10-18-21 03:19 PM
    Depends.

If you are in the US, the shutdown of 3G will prevent you from making calls or texting.

Otherwise, it will work as long as you are ok without BlackBerry World, BlackBerry Protect, BBM, and doing backups/restores.
    I live in Canada. Have my APK files on my media card and other stuff. Guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens in January. If it still works as a basic backup phone, then that will be good enough for me. Last question, is BlackBerry also shutting down BBHub for emails? If they are, what alternative is there for receiving emails on my Z10? Is there an APK for receiving emails? Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-21 03:39 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!

BlackBerry isn't killing BB10, anymore than someone pulling the plug on a brain dead family member is killing them.
    Anyone remember that book called "Coma". Brain dead is a sketchy concept, no one actually seems to know when somebody is actually dead (the precise point of - read the research). Donating body parts may actually come from still living and viable people. Creepy in some cases.
    BeerBear likes this.
    10-18-21 03:41 PM
    I live in Canada. Have my APK files on my media card and other stuff. Guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens in January. If it still works as a basic backup phone, then that will be good enough for me. Last question, is BlackBerry also shutting down BBHub for emails? If they are, what alternative is there for receiving emails on my Z10? Is there an APK for receiving emails? Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    The HUB will likely still work, but remains in the "will have to wait and see" category when it comes to adding new accounts.

There really isn't a decent alternative for BB10. Your best bet is probably your provider's mobile website.

You'll have a year or two extra time in Canada prior to 3G shutdown.
    10-18-21 03:42 PM
    ...There really isn't a decent alternative for BB10. Your best bet is probably your provider's mobile website...
    Wow. Are you sure you said that, or maybe you meant something different?
    10-18-21 05:58 PM
    Wow. Are you sure you said that, or maybe you meant something different?
    Talking about a BB10 email client.
    Sizwe Zwane likes this.
    10-18-21 06:28 PM
    Talking about a BB10 email client.
    ...even for about BB10 Hub, not something I'd figure I'd see you post.
    10-18-21 07:02 PM
    ...even for about BB10 Hub, not something I'd figure I'd see you post.
    Conite adores BB10, he’s just not going to attempt to sell you on it lol
    10-18-21 07:14 PM
    Lol.

BB10 went EOD (end of development) in Aug 2018, and EOL in Dec 2019.
    Maybe and online petition to get things rolling.............LOL
    10-18-21 07:22 PM
    I'm shocked I tell you just shocked ! Where is this update.........the Big Dog wants to know?.........................maybe not......LOL
    10-18-21 07:24 PM
    10.3.4 fix

BBid now works locally on phone. New autoloader sets flag for BBID as true. When a user enters a BBid, it is automatically valid on the phone. Any .bbb backup that matches that BBid can then be loaded onto the phone using Link. No need to ever need any Blackberry backend services as all actions are local. All free and paid for apps we have previously downloaded and always available to restore......Just my desire.
    10-19-21 04:28 PM
    10.3.4 fix

BBid now works locally on phone. New autoloader sets flag for BBID as true. When a user enters a BBid, it is automatically valid on the phone. Any .bbb backup that matches that BBid can then be loaded onto the phone using Link. No need to ever need any Blackberry backend services as all actions are local. All free and paid for apps we have previously downloaded and always available to restore......Just my desire.
    It took me until halfway through and then a jump to the end for it to sink in that this wasn't a joke. I almost thought someone had come up with an awesome workaround.
    10-19-21 04:58 PM
    10.3.4 fix

Most of this is wrong.
    10-19-21 07:54 PM
    Most of this is wrong.
    Isn't all of it wrong?
    10-19-21 08:34 PM
    Chen promised that, so let's see
    😁
    10-20-21 12:58 AM
    Just to be clear on my idea.

When we set up an BBID on the pone, we get a link sent to our BBID email. When we click on that link, the request to activate/validate the BBID is confirmed. So, the device using that BBID now shows 'Confirmed' under Blackberry ID - Email Confirmation Status in the settings menu.

My point regarding Blackberry using an updated (10.3.4) autoloader, with coding changes that show the BBID as confirmed flag/variable set as true (Confirmed), this will mean there is no need to communicate to a Blackberry back-end service to validate the BBID. If a user has a previous .bbb file, for that device, that they would like to restore, the only thing required is to type the BBID into the phone that matches their .bbb file BBID and the restore process will work. Link, Sachesi, DBBT would not care if the Blackberry ID servers were still up or not as they only look at the phone to see if a valid/Confirmed BBID is present.

Now, I am not sure what code changes are required by Blackberry. Maybe some lines of code removed and some re-directed in the software, but this does appear to be possible based on a coding perspective.

I am looking at my Z30 Blackberry ID page just now. I only see 2 things that appear to have validity is Blackberry ID Username and also Email Confirmation Status.

If the later is set as true/valid by the autoloader then the only thing a user has to do is set the first one based on their .bbb file.
    10-20-21 04:30 AM
    Just to be clear on my idea.

When we set up an BBID on the pone, we get a link sent to our BBID email. When we click on that link, the request to activate/validate the BBID is confirmed. So, the device using that BBID now shows 'Confirmed' under Blackberry ID - Email Confirmation Status in the settings menu.

My point regarding Blackberry using an updated (10.3.4) autoloader, with coding changes that show the BBID as confirmed flag/variable set as true (Confirmed), this will mean there is no need to communicate to a Blackberry back-end service to validate the BBID. If a user has a previous .bbb file, for that device, that they would like to restore, the only thing required is to type the BBID into the phone that matches their .bbb file BBID and the restore process will work. Link, Sachesi, DBBT would not care if the Blackberry ID servers were still up or not as they only look at the phone to see if a valid/Confirmed BBID is present.

Now, I am not sure what code changes are required by Blackberry. Maybe some lines of code removed and some re-directed in the software, but this does appear to be possible based on a coding perspective.

I am looking at my Z30 Blackberry ID page just now. I only see 2 things that appear to have validity is Blackberry ID Username and also Email Confirmation Status.

If the later is set as true/valid by the autoloader then the only thing a user has to do is set the first one based on their .bbb file.
    There are no BB10 developers still left to make any changes even if they wanted too.

In any event, BB10 went EOD back in 2018, so it won't happen.

Remove your BBID from the device soon to avoid problems later on.
    10-20-21 04:40 AM
82 123 ...