12-26-16 09:02 AM
80 ... 234
tools
    Autoloader is the easiest, probably best way. That much I agree on. And yes, it is BlackBerry software, but unless you are SURE the build is the release image you could be getting some test or beta version.
    BlackBerry never says "Oh, here are the links to the gold images", we can never be sure that the links provided in these forums, which people use to construct the autoloaders, is the right version

But to be honest, I've done updates all the ways, including autoloaders & Sachesi. Neither Link nor OTA have been anything but straightforward and trouble free. I go over WiFi for OTA, make sure it is plugged in like it suggests and just wait. I've got 5 BB10 phones, 2 OS7, never had a problem, never lost any data, never had weird functionality.
    You could build autoloaders yourself from scratch (extract the necessary software from a developer autoloader using a hex editor), and even get the URLs and / or files by finding where BlackBerry Link stores its cache files for an update / reload, or pinging the carrier update request API (i.e. a Sachesi lookup). As well, if it was a test or beta, then the software release and OS version must be different than what people are getting in their very definitely release build update notifications; if you're getting a notification to download software release 10.3.3.1435, and the files in the first post are found under the folder for software release 10.3.3.1435 (hint: SHA-1 hash that), then that's a match.

If you want, some of these tools are open source, so you can inspect them to your heart's content.
    12-15-16 11:00 PM
    Does anybody know one last thing, the onedrive, box and dropbox is still integrated into the native file manager?.. this would be a deal breaker for me and still praying the contact care native app does its job in restoring my contacts from the .vcf file it saved them too.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-16 11:08 PM
    Does anybody know one last thing, the onedrive, box and dropbox is still integrated into the native file manager?.. this would be a deal breaker for me and still praying the contact care native app does its job in restoring my contacts from the .vcf file it saved them too.

Posted via CB10
    Yes they are.
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    12-15-16 11:13 PM

Posted via CB10
    Nothing has changed. Same old, same old.
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    12-15-16 11:13 PM
    There is no way to save the Fmini facebook bar no longer available in the app world or anywhere as can't pull a bar? I'll have to sacrifice this if I want to do it as a clean install which I really do. I hope the backup pro works with this. Vcf file for my contacts as that is the ONLY MAJOR thing I can't NOT Lose!!!

Posted via CB10
    Why don't you update your contacts to Google or Outlook and just sign in to that account on your BB10 phone, it will then download all the contacts to your phone. No one should have to ever save contacts if they are being synced to a cloud or device like the two I've mentioned.

Or are you referring to the Facebook contacts? One thing you could do is ask these people to email or text you a Vcf file and that would make for an easy update , and again just make sure your syncing with a service.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-16 09:02 AM
80 ... 234