What phone do you have? I have a Z10 with 64G SD MICRO card. Store all my photos and docs on the SD. When doing an OS update I found it works best to remove the SD card and reboot before doing the update. Then if it wipes, you do not loose the data on the card. Note: remember to turn off data encryption first on the card before removing. On mine, I shut off encryption the day before so there is plenty of time for the decrypt to complete.

Posted via CB10
    Removing the SD is a great simple idea that I didn't even think of... Thanks! I may do this today on my passport se and try to stay as native as possible after as have phone filled so much that have messages it is almost out of space with useless apps.

I will do the full wipe and install 10.3.3 after saving the few things I want like a few sound files and photos as well as praying this app "contact care" put my contacts into a. Vcf file on my SD card so it should boot them right back up? I don't use encryption on my SD card but wish I knew an easy way to clean the SD card as it gets so messy from so many apps with folders not sure if I can delete, etc. I suppose I will just have to do that by eye the best I can as I will be reloading my phone the same leaving allot of paid android apps out of the equation this time. Just what I use! I wasn't going to do this update at all because of facebook but they say that we can just sideload the old facebook. I don't need the app even as much (use FaceSlim) as I need it on there to show me birthdays above the text messages etc which is pulled from that I believe?

The facebook app bar sideloaded to 10.3.3 will definitely take(?) and also the bar file is part of which shows the birthdays above the text messages or was that some other part baked into 10.2.3? I find it incredible when I thought about how blackberry literally baked facebook into their entire OS which I do not think anyone else ever did and facebook with holds the api's now that they are ten times as large! Loyalty! Ehh, haha!...

Anybody else ever use the app contact care and reload the contacts without an issue? All native apps that worked on 10.2.3 work on 10.3.3? Thanks guys..

Is there anything else missing besides the old facebook that allot of folks are sideloading? I hope I saved that Facebook bar file....

-DPR

BTW: This is a horrible title for this thread! Where are the people that are happy with the update as usually only the people who have a bad experience for one reason or another complain which I get but wish the good experiences would also be mentioned to counter the title of this thread which probably has most afraid to even do this since no more rolling back! As long as I get my contacts back, I am happy! That is the only thing that could devastate me so maybe I should use two paid programs to save contacts just in case! The other stuff would suck as some sound files are rare I have set up and takes allot of time to set back up however, I think it's the best option. I also have so much junk from the days of the uninstall bug runtime on here. Wish there was an easy way to clean ones SD card as well as afraid to wipe although I suppose I can wipe after I do the other stuff as in pop It out, update, save SD stuff I want to phone, wipe SD then pop back in and flop it back to the SD versus the emmt. In for at least six hours to get it all right but long as it's decent, it's worth it I think. Especially if facebook bar file can be loaded right back on there with DBBT or something similar.

PPS: it's crazy, I have over $400.00 in droid apps and around $375.00 in blackberry paid apps between playbook and my q10 plus passport. I do not plan on leaving this passport for a long, long time however most the apps I never use so buh bye. Blaq is awesome, better then the real twitter and igrann pro better then the real instagram. Face10 Ahh, but we always have Facebox and faceslim! yes I ramble allot. The only issue I see is I don't want to update music finder pro (native blackberry app I use everyday and reviews says newer version sucks) but will have to as we can't extract a .bar file. Stinks! I still am thinking the bennies outweigh the downside! #AllAboutThatCertificate. :x
    Why doesn't crackberry.com update the native crackberry.com app I use? It still had thanks, etc even though that features dead and missing some other stuff. BB10 but only droid apps up to date. No offense guys, love it and appreciate what you do but I don't get it. Even a small update to remove and add the few Major things missing? Native is best but one MUST have Crackberry and not via the browser!!

Welp, off to update so won't have to read my storybooks for awhile guys and girls.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by DreadPirateRegan; 12-12-16 at 09:06 AM.
    12-12-16 08:53 AM
    So ONLY so far and today has the phone seem straightened out. Texts appear, no crashing or overheating. Over a week of settling to make it work? Maybe. I guess I'll see..

Posted via CB10
    12-13-16 06:20 AM
    Not a disaster here... but now my PP-SE refuses to show up as a device associated with my BBID. So no untethered Blend or link backups..

Posted via CB10
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    12-13-16 02:33 PM
    i did not do security wipe and all is good...so far it is ok for me...
    12-14-16 03:22 PM
    i did not do security wipe and all is good...so far it is ok for me...
    Does your BLEND work fully, if you use it?

Posted via CB10
    12-14-16 06:21 PM
    Does your BLEND work fully, if you use it?

Posted via CB10
    No I don't
    12-14-16 06:27 PM
    Looks like most of the complainers who run in to so called disaster made some sort of mistake themselves or didn't follow the right steps or just don't know simple way around some issues if they appear.

OS-10.3.3.2049 is as smooth as it can be and any update on all 5 devices succeeded without issues.

Posted either via -Passport -Classic / OS-10.3.++ is all you need
    There are only 2 ways to do this. Update over the air from your device or via Link connected to a non Windows10 PC.

Anybody doing it any other way should not be surprised if there are issues. Downloading autoloaders that some other users have put together, using "random" links to images, even if they reside on BlackBerry servers is just asking for adventure.

Go ahead and blame BlackBerry if it came OTA or from Link. Otherwise people are pointing the finger at the wrong culprit. If you must download, wait until BlackBerry releases the autoloaders as they have done for prior versions.
    12-14-16 06:40 PM
    There are only 2 ways to do this. Update over the air from your device or via Link connected to a non Windows10 PC.

Anybody doing it any other way should not be surprised if there are issues. Downloading autoloaders that some other users have put together, using "random" links to images, even if they reside on BlackBerry servers is just asking for adventure.

Go ahead and blame BlackBerry if it came OTA or from Link. Otherwise people are pointing the finger at the wrong culprit. If you must download, wait until BlackBerry releases the autoloaders as they have done for prior versions.
    Autoloader is the best way. Period.

Autoloaders are official BlackBerry software - no way around it. You can't install non-Blackberry signed software to a BB10 device.

BlackBerry never releases autoloaders for non developer OSes. It can only be constructed by others.
    12-14-16 06:48 PM

Autoloaders are official BlackBerry software - no way around it. You can't install non-Blackberry signed software to a BB10 device.

BlackBerry never releases autoloaders for non developer OSes. It can only be constructed by others.
    Autoloader is better then over the air as in to not have an issue with the update thereafter? I guess I can relate as if connected hard wire, it would be hard for anything to break the connection/update like an over the air is more probable to do, but otherwise I would have never thought this. -DPR

Posted via CB10
    12-14-16 06:56 PM

Autoloader is the easiest, probably best way. That much I agree on. And yes, it is BlackBerry software, but unless you are SURE the build is the release image you could be getting some test or beta version.
    BlackBerry never says "Oh, here are the links to the gold images", we can never be sure that the links provided in these forums, which people use to construct the autoloaders, is the right version

But to be honest, I've done updates all the ways, including autoloaders & Sachesi. Neither Link nor OTA have been anything but straightforward and trouble free. I go over WiFi for OTA, make sure it is plugged in like it suggests and just wait. I've got 5 BB10 phones, 2 OS7, never had a problem, never lost any data, never had weird functionality.
    12-15-16 12:13 AM
    autoloader ensures you get the OS as intended, without any lingering weirdness than can happen with an OTA update. the hassle is that it wipes your phone, but on the plus side, it forces you to make backups..

if you read this thread, you'd know what i'm talking about.

Posted via CBX
    12-15-16 04:43 AM
    I did the update connected to link. When these updates come I start on a Friday night (lame, but I'm not 20 and I have a small child looking at me with a million questions), and through the weekend everything seemed ok.
    Thereafter as I have complained, draining hot city. Luckily I walk with my Z10 charging pack for an emergency boost.
    The hub became unusable, and emails lagged, then suddenly, it started to work correctly.
    This is stuff that annoys me. If you have an update, it really shouldn't be a week of frustration to work through.
    If you had to wait a week to watch a TV that was updating (which I'm sure happens now), you wouldn't watch it.
    And this is not just indicative of BlackBerry, but all tech.
    My complaint though to BlackBerry is that their update could have probably been smoother.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-16 06:06 AM
    agreed. they've driven off their loyal customers with crap like this. those of us who can take the time to figure out or avoid these issues.. say, with an autoloader or sachesi, are a small fraction of a small fraction of the mobile market. it sucks and its their fault. we all lose now that there are no good smart-phone options. //passport for life.\\

Posted via CBX
    12-15-16 10:45 AM
    And now. . it got weirder. Since my comment this morning about how it seemed to be running normally, suddenly in my office it just decided that I needed the 10.3 update. . .AGAIN. WTF??? Seriously. This is not an OTA thing. This Passport is connected to a cradle. Seriously? How is this possible?
    AND it got Priv hot. . .this is really shaking my confidence in this process. I have used Blackberry phones since the 7210. I am really getting agitated. Anyone have a solution?
    12-15-16 04:15 PM
    And now. . it got weirder. Since my comment this morning about how it seemed to be running normally, suddenly in my office it just decided that I needed the 10.3 update. . .AGAIN. WTF??? Seriously. This is not an OTA thing. This Passport is connected to a cradle. Seriously? How is this possible?
    AND it got Priv hot. . .this is really shaking my confidence in this process. I have used Blackberry phones since the 7210. I am really getting agitated. Anyone have a solution?
    This is another new update--check the version number and CB forums.
    12-15-16 04:17 PM
    This is another new update--check the version number and CB forums.
    So when I go to 10.3.3 I will get another smaller update again asap? If so, that's a good sign? #KeepingUp

Posted via CB10
    12-15-16 04:34 PM
    So when I go to 10.3.3 I will get another smaller update again asap? If so, that's a good sign? #KeepingUp

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I believe it is in the 800 mb range. First one is 1.8 GB. I have not updated my Passport yet. Still on 10.3.2.2888
    12-15-16 04:40 PM
    update completed OTA....lookin' good.

Posted via CBX
    12-15-16 06:29 PM
    update completed OTA....lookin' good.

Posted via CBX
    Def cool, doing it tonight, adderall is ready, Gulp! #Americans

Posted via CB10
    12-15-16 07:59 PM
    Yes, I believe it is in the 800 mb range. First one is 1.8 GB. I have not updated my Passport yet. Still on 10.3.2.2888
    I am going to go back to. 172 runtime though as always did as seems to work the best at least I think as I will give it a quick try see how it seems to load stuff as their are differences.

I actually use .110 with the large shell is 172. Wahh lahh!

Posted via CB10
    12-15-16 08:01 PM
    There is no way to save the Fmini facebook bar no longer available in the app world or anywhere as can't pull a bar? I'll have to sacrifice this if I want to do it as a clean install which I really do. I hope the backup pro works with this. Vcf file for my contacts as that is the ONLY MAJOR thing I can't NOT Lose!!!

Posted via CB10
    12-15-16 08:02 PM
    I am going to go back to. 172 runtime though as always did as seems to work the best at least I think as I will give it a quick try see how it seems to load stuff as their are differences.

I actually use .110 with the large shell is 172. Wahh lahh!

Posted via CB10
    Yep, I remember you swapping out art but not sure if you can do that with this new OS. Let us know how it works out.
    12-15-16 08:04 PM
    Yep, I remember you swapping out art but not sure if you can do that with this new OS. Let us know how it works out.
    Yes, Conite said the same as in it may not take so I suppose we shall see and will be sure to report back on how that goes.

How does 8888 seem to work as in that runtime if I am correct on the version?..

Posted via CB10
    12-15-16 09:27 PM
    How does 8888 seem to work as in that runtime if I am correct on the version?..
    My Passport is purring and I'm not even all that keen on changing the OS or any part of it. However my device is not a good indicator of how the runtime handles things because I only have 9 android apps running and none are resource hogs really.

my sys.android is 10.3.2.371
    and sys.android.shell is 10.3.2.348
    12-15-16 09:35 PM
    Still waiting for my OTA. I'm in the UK, and neither my Passport or Q10 have it yet. The Q10 is my daily driver, but I can't use an autoloader because it won't connect over USB.

Posted via my Q10
    12-15-16 09:43 PM
80 1234