It is true that the BB10 sales are small to the sales that are needed for the slider but I wouldn't call them insignificant. If they could sell 10 mil Sliders in a year as compared to 3-4 million BB10 devices, that would give them enough hardware sales. So maybe 3-4 times the sales for the slider. I would not consider that insignificant. I realize that BB10 sales are declining, but I still think they would be a contributing factor. (10-20%)
    The cost to go after that 20% would be prohibitive.
    09-25-15 02:13 PM
    hmmmm ok so its either buy the slider or wait until March to see if BB10 is really only going to be updated with security patches.......

well here i come slider. I believe the fact that they aren't releasing (or at least it seems they aren't) a BB10 version of the slider speaks volumes about where BB10 is headed.
    And that's exactly how they want you to think

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 02:15 PM
    It would not make any sense to mention anything significant about BB10 OS or devices when they are just now announcing such a significant move of launching an android phone. No marketing sense at all, so I wouldn't read too much into the lack of detail of 10.3.3 or any BB10 devices. I think just saying they are committed to the continued development of BB10 is enough until a successful launch of Priv.
    Patience...

Posted via CB10
    kgbbz10 and glwerry like this.
    09-25-15 02:53 PM
    I think it would have to be removed from the update, but I doubt they would force it.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    So for those that want to keep the Android runtime on their BB10, 10.3.3 is likely out of bounds. So....for this group of BB10 users, we have already seen our last updates.
    Q10Bold and flyingsolid like this.
    09-25-15 03:03 PM
    So for those that want to keep the Android runtime on their BB10, 10.3.3 is likely out of bounds. So....for this group of BB10 users, we have already seen our last updates.
    That's where the smart money would be.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    09-25-15 03:04 PM
    All of those who work at BlackBerry raise their hands. Waiting... no one. So every comment here is assumptions and opinions. But I love how you all think you know exactly what is to come. Doom! If you already think it's dead why haven't you moved on? Because you don't know you assume and you are all holding out till the official statement one way or the other. So instead of pointless thread after thread about BlackBerry being dead why don't we all be happy with our BlackBerry devices. I imagine those looking to buy a BlackBerry device that comes on this forum will immediately get turned off by all of your negative attitudes. If BB10 does fall each one of you negative people will have some blame in it. Congratulations.

BBClassic10.3.2.2639-799Radio
    glwerry likes this.
    09-25-15 03:05 PM
    And that's exactly how they want you to think

Posted via CB10
    yeah or people could simply get tired of being in the dark about everything and move on.

I love BB10 but I don't want to wait around to see what its fate is come march next year. My Z10 has definitely gotten slower and many android apps dont work well. Plus they might be forced to remove the android runtime in 10.3.3......if thats the case, i have no need for my Z10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-25-15 03:22 PM
    All of those who work at BlackBerry raise their hands. Waiting... no one. So every comment here is assumptions and opinions. But I love how you all think you know exactly what is to come. Doom! If you already think it's dead why haven't you moved on? Because you don't know you assume and you are all holding out till the official statement one way or the other. So instead of pointless thread after thread about BlackBerry being dead why don't we all be happy with our BlackBerry devices. I imagine those looking to buy a BlackBerry device that comes on this forum will immediately get turned off by all of your negative attitudes. If BB10 does fall each one of you negative people will have some blame in it. Congratulations.

Here's something true said by a guy that works at Blackberry:

BlackBerry confirms Android phone; revenue falls short - The Globe and Mail

Scotiabank’s Daniel Chan asked him whether this meant it was time to throw in the towel on BB10, which has been out for three years and has failed to connect with consumers. “We’ll have to make sure that Android is successful first,” said Mr. Chen. That said, he confirmed there will be no more BB10 devices released in 2015.
    09-25-15 03:29 PM

Scotiabank�s Daniel Chan asked him whether this meant it was time to throw in the towel on BB10, which has been out for three years and has failed to connect with consumers. �We�ll have to make sure that Android is successful first,� said Mr. Chen. That said, he confirmed there will be no more BB10 devices released in 2015.
    If as much research went into politics as people spend on materialistic goods we wouldn't have endless wars and puppet politicians.

09-25-15 03:33 PM

Scotiabank�s Daniel Chan asked him whether this meant it was time to throw in the towel on BB10, which has been out for three years and has failed to connect with consumers. �We�ll have to make sure that Android is successful first,� said Mr. Chen. That said, he confirmed there will be no more BB10 devices released in 2015.
    Waiting to see what the Priv does before deciding what to do next with BB10 seems like a very reasonable thing to me.

More interesting in that exchange was the bit on IoT and the future of EMM platforms.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.2.2252 SR 10.3.2.2168
    09-25-15 03:53 PM
    Currently running 10.3.2.2252 on a Z10. I will wait to see what the 10.3.3 update brings (or removes!) in March 2016. My kids have Androids; it's awful. I have iOS devices for work; it's awful. Looked at WinWhatever; it's awful. There is a pretty good chance my next device will be another BB.
    Jakob Greve likes this.
    09-25-15 04:05 PM
    Waiting to see what the Priv does before deciding what to do next with BB10 seems like a very reasonable thing to me.
    Even if they had BB10 devices in the pipeline it wouldn't make marketing sense to release any this year or make any further reference until the Priv is out of the gates and hopefully being bought up. It would be illogical to do other wise.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 04:21 PM
    It would not make any sense to mention anything significant about BB10 OS or devices when they are just now announcing such a significant move of launching an android phone. No marketing sense at all, so I wouldn't read too much into the lack of detail of 10.3.3 or any BB10 devices. I think just saying they are committed to the continued development of BB10 is enough until a successful launch of Priv.
    Patience...

Posted via CB10
    Exactly

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 04:42 PM
    Even if they had BB10 devices in the pipeline it wouldn't make marketing sense to release any this year or make any further reference until the Priv is out of the gates and hopefully being bought up. It would be illogical to do other wise.

Posted via CB10
    This^

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 04:46 PM
    Keep dreaming.
    09-25-15 05:52 PM
    We have been Playbook'ed..
    09-25-15 08:32 PM
    We have been Playbook'ed..
    I don't know for other people but I am mad about the PlayBook debacle not because of the failure of the platform but the broken promise of putting bb10 to the platform. Would they have given me a crap bb10 experience I wouldn't have mind. You just don't break a promise. I was willing to come back to BlackBerry because they changed the ceo and the lier was ousted. So far Chen did not make empty promises as far as I know , I therefore bare no grudge although I still wish for more bb10 development . What about others ?

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 09:51 PM
    That's where the smart money would be.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    For all those people screaming for a BlackBerry Venice running OS10, if that were ever to happen, probably no android run time. Not sure I would want a BlackBerry OS10 without android runtime....

Posted on CB10 using my Z30 STA 100-5 on OS 10.3.2.2639
    09-25-15 11:33 PM
    For all those people screaming for a BlackBerry Venice running OS10, if that were ever to happen, probably no android run time. Not sure I would want a BlackBerry OS10 without android runtime....

Posted on CB10 using my Z30 STA 100-5 on OS 10.3.2.2639
    Apps are really what held back bb10. Seeing the present situation I would say bb10 would be safer without the Android runtime. Therefore if appa are not important, why not taking it out. That will improve the overall performance and battery life as well.
    If Apps are important for you, what is the issue with the android priv? There is no gesture for the moment but that's something that ca be added later and you will still have the hub and other BlackBerry softwares.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-15 06:31 AM
    09-26-15 07:37 AM
    Everyone took out of context, not software support just customer service support until 2016

Posted via CB10 v....not telling
    09-26-15 07:51 AM
    Or that statement was intentionally poorly worded in order to keep people calm while leaving open the possibility of saying it had been taken out of contest when the right time would come.
    Anyway, knowing you have done more to support Symbian than Nokia itself in recent years, I accept your interpretation of the facts.
    I just meant that promises made by corporations can't be taken seriously, as everybody here knows very well anyway.
    09-26-15 08:59 AM
    Good example sad news

Posted via CB10
    09-26-15 10:37 AM
    BlackBerry is totally disappointing me. Let's wait for Lumia 950 on Oct 6th
    I am looking forward to this new Lumia, should be interesting.
    09-26-15 11:05 AM
    even this great news isnt stopping the "bb10 is dead" speculation lol. So called fans of blackberry are just routing for the company to fail it seems. And stop bringing up playbook, it was a marketing failure and had to be discontinued
    Playbook was a marketing failure and had to be discontinued... I agree.

BB10 is a marketing failure and...fill in the blank!

Posted via CB10
    09-26-15 12:45 PM
128 ... 3456