Classic is a flagship device? Probably the most outdated flagship device ever.
    Hahaha, true
    09-25-15 12:31 PM
    Yup. Classic and Passport will not disappear. No new device commitments though.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    Why is it that you only focus on everything negative?? I mean anything they say that sounds positive you find a way to turn it around as bad thing, you claim to be a bb fan but your negative Ness says otherwise, like they say "with friends like this who needs enemies ".

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 12:36 PM
    Why is it that you only focus on everything negative?? I mean anything they say that sounds positive you find a way to turn it around as bad thing, you claim to be a bb fan but your negative Ness says otherwise, like they say "with friends like this who needs enemies ".

Posted via CB10
    I want a BlackBerry device unit to exist with the highest probability possible. I believe that can only be achieved with Android. A long shot maybe, but at least it's a shot.

I will be the last person on earth still holding a Passport.

But I see no connection about being a BlackBerry fan and having delusions about the future of BB10.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    09-25-15 12:41 PM
    Laggy Homescreen,
    Call Answer and call delay,
    Browser randomly glitching,
    Slow to update built in Apps Active Frames ect

Posted via CB10 v....not telling
    You forgot the random WiFi drops and disabling.

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold likes this.
    09-25-15 12:41 PM
    <snip>performance-oriented update</snip>
    That is surprising.
    Can you provide a citation?
    Please and thanks.
    09-25-15 12:45 PM
    I want a BlackBerry device unit to exist with the highest probability possible. I believe that can only be achieved with Android. A long shot maybe, but at least it's a shot.

I will be the last person on earth still holding a Passport.

But I see no connection about being a BlackBerry fan and having delusions about the future of BB10.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    But dude,they just confirmed 10.3.3 don't you think that we need to give them a chance to show what they will come up with? And THEM react instead of just speculating???

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 12:47 PM

Posted via CB10
    What? If ever there was a BlackBerry supporter it's Conite. Just because he is realistic doesn't mean he is negative.

Some here are just too hell bent on BB10 saves the world.
    Last edited by kbz1960; 09-25-15 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Fix typo
    09-25-15 12:49 PM
    But dude,they just confirmed 10.3.3 don't you think that we need to give them a chance to show what they will come up with? And THEM react instead of just speculating???

Posted via CB10
    As I said before, a security patch release scheduled for 6 months from now, along with no new devices, hardly gives me a lot of enthusiasm for the future of BB10.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    09-25-15 12:51 PM
    You forgot the random WiFi drops and disabling.

Posted via CB10
    Oh how could I forget, something else I'm effected by -_- #wasFineOnZ10

09-25-15 01:10 PM
    As I said before, a security patch release scheduled for 6 months from now, along with no new devices, hardly gives me a lot of enthusiasm for the future of BB10.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    And that is fine if you want to look at it that way.

How many feature updates has Apple announced for iOS over the next year? How many new iPhones?

I will agree at the outset that Apple really doesn't need to do anything. But whatever BlackBerry does, it has to be as close to right as they can get. As much as I would like to see new BB10 phones and new features brought to BB10 I am also aware that they need to see just what the Priv does when it goes on sale. Depending on those numbers the decision could be anything between close the handset division to bring out a series of phones both Android and BB10. To make an announcement now either way would be setting up for another PlayBook moment. Six months from now, given the projected Priv release date seems like a reasonable amount of time to see what the reaction to the phone is. They don't want to wait too long and loose momentum, but neither do they want to react on the honeymoon period in case it is a flash in the pan.
    09-25-15 01:14 PM

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    Where did he "actually " said that? ,he said it will focus on security and privacy,we can interpret that a lot of ways, you choose to take it as sign of the bb10 demise, I choose to stay positive.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 01:27 PM
    You sir are correct.
    Playbook fiasco on it's way again

Posted via CB10
    The only PlayBook fiasco was that it didn't succeed. It was an excellent device and worked as advertised. If you don't want to risk buying a product that doesn't win in the marketplace, only buy from market leaders, and don't think of yourself as an early adopter. Nothing wrong with being a market follower.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 01:28 PM
    That may be the last BlackBerry system. Do anybody remember Nokia's Symbian?

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 01:30 PM
    The only PlayBook fiasco was that it didn't succeed. It was an excellent device and worked as advertised. If you don't want to risk buying a product that doesn't win in the marketplace, only buy from market leaders, and don't think of yourself as an early adopter. Nothing wrong with being a market follower.

Posted via CB10
    The PB did not work as advertised for months and never did get the apps shown in their marketing.
    09-25-15 01:31 PM
    Also,they just announced a new device coming in November, it will be a stupid move from BlackBerry to also announced another bb10 device and still the thunder out of the priv,they need to give this device every chance they can to succeed (like 4 months), and them move on to the next devise,think about it,would you buy the priv if you knew there was another bb10 device coming down the pipe???? I didn't think so

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 01:31 PM
    The PB did not work as advertised for months and never did get the apps shown in their marketing.
    That's not what I remember at all. I bought mine and used it without problems, though it SHOULD have been held up until it had native email support in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 01:38 PM
    Also,they just announced a new device coming in November, it will be a stupid move from BlackBerry to also announced another bb10 device and still the thunder out of the priv,they need to give this device every chance they can to succeed (like 4 months), and them move on to the next devise,think about it,would you buy the priv if you knew there was another bb10 device coming down the pipe???? I didn't think so

Posted via CB10
    The small remnant of BB10 users are insignificant to the kind of sales the Priv needs to generate to keep the device business alive. And many of those, like myself, are looking forward to buying it anyway.

The Priv is mainly targeted to those who like BlackBerry, but aren't interested in BB10.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    Last edited by conite; 09-25-15 at 01:50 PM.
    09-25-15 01:39 PM
    That may be the last BlackBerry system. Do anybody remember Nokia's Symbian?

Posted via CB10
    Remember, I spent 5 years on the platform, spending 4 of those years modding and developing for the platform and still own three Symbian s60 devices including the 808PureView and N8.
    I actually just EOL'd my Star Browser for Symbian a few weeks ago.

#SymbianBaby #FirstOSLove

Q10Bold likes this.
    09-25-15 01:40 PM
    Will the android runtime be stripped from 10.3.3 because of the agreement with Google? and if it is, will this be a forced update?
    09-25-15 01:42 PM
    Will the android runtime be stripped from 10.3.3 because of the agreement with Google? and if it is, will this be a forced update?
    I think it would have to be removed from the update, but I doubt they would force it.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    09-25-15 01:44 PM
    What a luck that there still are some people who really know what happened with the playbook

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-25-15 01:46 PM
    The small remnant of BB10 users are insignificant to the kind of sales the Priv needs to generate to keep the device business alive. And many of those, like myself, are looking forward to buying it.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    It is true that the BB10 sales are small to the sales that are needed for the slider but I wouldn't call them insignificant. If they could sell 10 mil Sliders in a year as compared to 3-4 million BB10 devices, that would give them enough hardware sales. So maybe 3-4 times the sales for the slider. I would not consider that insignificant. I realize that BB10 sales are declining, but I still think they would be a contributing factor. (10-20%)
    09-25-15 01:48 PM
    The small remnant of BB10 users are insignificant to the kind of sales the Priv needs to generate to keep the device business alive. And many of those, like myself, are looking forward to buying it anyway.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    It doesn't matter, they need to make sure that the priv is a success at any cost, they can not afford to deviate the attention from it by telling you what's coming on 10.3.3...have you noted that there is very little info "if any" about 10.3.3? I say that's the reason why,i mean what's so secretive about it that no info has leaked whatsoever like the previous builds?

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 01:53 PM
    It is true that the BB10 sales are small to the sales that are needed for the slider but I wouldn't call them insignificant. If they could sell 10 mil Sliders in a year as compared to 3-4 million BB10 devices, that would give them enough hardware sales. So maybe 3-4 times the sales for the slider. I would not consider that insignificant. I realize that BB10 sales are declining, but I still think they would be a contributing factor. (10-20%)
    Insignificant was the wrong word, I agree.

I edited my response above to add that the target market for the Priv is really those who want a BlackBerry keyboard or better security, but don't want BB10. I wouldn't be worried too much about cannibalisation.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    brookie229 likes this.
    09-25-15 01:53 PM
    hmmmm ok so its either buy the slider or wait until March to see if BB10 is really only going to be updated with security patches.......

well here i come slider. I believe the fact that they aren't releasing (or at least it seems they aren't) a BB10 version of the slider speaks volumes about where BB10 is headed.
    kbz1960 and Q10Bold like this.
    09-25-15 02:12 PM
128 ... 23456