Won't happen...
    Android update for existing Passports or an Passport successor running Android?
    a) won't happen.
    b) depends on how Priv sells.
    Last edited by Maxxxpower; 09-25-15 at 08:35 AM.
    09-25-15 08:23 AM
    Android update for existing Passports or an Android successor?
    a) won't happen.
    b) depends on how Priv sells.
    How about our kernels...
    They want to sell devices, so bb10 will stay and the priv will be for the app hungry masses

Atleast that is how i think.
    We can only hope that their partnering with google will also add something to our android runtime

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 08:35 AM
    How about our kernels...
    They want to sell devices, so bb10 will stay and the priv will be for the app hungry masses
    A few security updates is not exactly what I'd call "stay". BB10 will fade away anyway. Android Blackberrys depend on how Priv sells.

We can only hope that their partnering with google will also add something to our android runtime
    I'd bet that the Android runtime won't receive any major updates anymore. Just like the whole OS.
    09-25-15 08:38 AM
    A few security updates is not exactly what I'd call "stay". BB10 will fade away anyway. Android Blackberrys depend on how Priv sells.

I'd bet that the Android runtime won't receive any major updates anymore. Just like the whole OS.
    Yeah with bb10 will stay i meant : it won't change anymore and as i stated before it's a playbook replay...

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 08:48 AM
    BlackBerry is totally disappointing me. Let's wait for Lumia 950 on Oct 6th
    Thansk for the info the way cards are dealt I'll choose a passive strategy with BlackBerry stay on my Z30 and have a look at 950 XL when it comes out. Windows phone is starting to have apps and mature now. I remember when they didn't have an official tennis app people told me it didn't matter cos they had their own app. Now 2015 they have the officiel app ported mid 2014 and bug fixed 2015. For me it's about productivity conncectivity and communication and BB10 best delivers that at the movent but given a halt of SW and Hardware development for the platform Windows phone seems like the way to go for me.
    jope28, dolco and Bishkin like this.
    09-25-15 08:52 AM
    I welcome bug fixes, the OS has been a mess since 10.3.0, I still to this day regret upgrading to 10.3, 10.2.1 was perfect, it never ever ever froze or crashed it just worked no questions asked.

I'd take fixes over new features any day at the moment.

Posted via CB10 v....not telling
    I have exactly NO bugs in my 10.3.2.2639 (that I am aware of). And that is the reason why I am ok with maintenance and security updates only (for now and the foreseeable future).
    09-25-15 09:40 AM
    Laggy Homescreen,
    Call Answer and call delay,
    Browser randomly glitching,
    Slow to update built in Apps Active Frames ect

I don't have any of those problems.
    09-25-15 09:44 AM
    As long as they update the android runtime...

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 10:21 AM
    How about our kernels...

Atleast that is how i think.

Posted via CB10
    Like keep it stagnant or removed.
    Jakob Greve likes this.
    09-25-15 10:28 AM
    Like keep it stagnant or removed.
    Pretty much dead imo..
    09-25-15 10:32 AM
    even this great news isnt stopping the "bb10 is dead" speculation lol. So called fans of blackberry are just routing for the company to fail it seems. And stop bringing up playbook, it was a marketing failure and had to be discontinued
    DolemiteDONS and mania626 like this.
    09-25-15 10:56 AM
    It's not that they don't come out with it's that they come with news that shouldn't be so...
    09-25-15 11:03 AM
    I don't have any of those problems.
    A hell of a lot of people do, myself included

09-25-15 11:15 AM
    even this great news isnt stopping the "bb10 is dead" speculation lol. So called fans of blackberry are just routing for the company to fail it seems. And stop bringing up playbook, it was a marketing failure and had to be discontinued
    I happen to believe that moving to Android is the right move for BlackBerry to make. You can disagree, and that's fine. We can discuss that at infinitum (and there are many threads doing that already).

But don't for a second suggest that I'm not a HUGE BlackBerry fan just because I think BB10 is no longer the future.

I would much rather have a BlackBerry-branded Android device than none at all. Those are the only two choices on the table.

If you think it's "great news", as a BB10 fan, that there are no new devices scheduled and a simple patch release for the OS 6 months from now, then you must be easy to please.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    09-25-15 11:17 AM
    If you think it's "great news", as a BB10 fan, that there are no new devices scheduled and a simple patch release for the OS 6 months from now, then you must be easy to please.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    This, sad news for me
    09-25-15 11:24 AM
    This, sad news for me
    Yeah i'm pretty sad about it...But hey, we can cry on each others shoulder no?

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 11:40 AM
    Yeah i'm pretty sad about it...But hey, we can cry on each others shoulder no?

Posted via CB10
    Hahaha..
    RubenDM and kbz1960 like this.
    09-25-15 11:44 AM
    I happen to believe that moving to Android is the right move for BlackBerry to make. You can disagree, and that's fine. We can discuss that at infinitum (and there are many threads doing that already).

But don't for a second suggest that I'm not a HUGE BlackBerry fan just because I think BB10 is no longer the future.

I would much rather have a BlackBerry-branded Android device than none at all. Those are the only two choices on the table.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    My Position is that BB can actually support both. The android device doesnt need much support since its full featured customised android. BB10 is where most support team will work on since it still has potential to be even more feature rich. i doubt support will be discontinued after 10.3.3.
    09-25-15 12:07 PM
    My Position is that BB can actually support both. The android device doesnt need much support since its full featured customised android. BB10 is where most support team will work on since it still has potential to be even more feature rich. i doubt support will be discontinued after 10.3.3.
    Chen sums it up best:

10.3.3 to be released in March 2016-1443200183171.jpg

BB10 sales figures do not come close for a ROI.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    jope28 likes this.
    09-25-15 12:16 PM
    The android device doesnt need much support since its full featured customised android.
    The more customised, the more support is needed to adapt new Android versions.

BB10 is where most support team will work on since it still has potential to be even more feature rich.
    BB10s potential has already gone towards zero a long time ago.

i doubt support will be discontinued after 10.3.3.
    If "support" are some minor bug and security fixes: Chen already announced 10.3.4, If "support" for you is something like the addition of new features and APIs: no way this is gonna happen.
    09-25-15 12:16 PM
    Read the most recent CNBC text of Chen's speech (last hour). He said new updates will be released in the near future. The glaring omission: new devices on bbB10.
    09-25-15 12:20 PM
    "At the same time, I want to be clear: fans of BlackBerry�s workhorse BlackBerry 10 smartphones can continue to depend on us, and we appreciate their commitment. We will be releasing new updates of this powerful OS in the upcoming year.

There is continued demand for our flagship BlackBerry 10 devices like BlackBerry Passport and Classic by consumers, enterprises and regulated industries. These devices � combined with our network � offer peerless security and productivity advantages. They�re not going away."

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2015/09/...ing-our-world/

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 12:23 PM
    "At the same time, I want to be clear: fans of BlackBerry�s workhorse BlackBerry 10 smartphones can continue to depend on us, and we appreciate their commitment. We will be releasing new updates of this powerful OS in the upcoming year.

There is continued demand for our flagship BlackBerry 10 devices like BlackBerry Passport and Classic by consumers, enterprises and regulated industries. These devices � combined with our network � offer peerless security and productivity advantages. They�re not going away."

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2015/09/...ing-our-world/

Posted via CB10
    Yup. Classic and Passport will not disappear. No new device commitments though.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    09-25-15 12:24 PM
    Until Chen confirm a new BlackBerry device nobody will believe him, he had a great opportunity today if he confirmed the Priv on both systems.
    09-25-15 12:27 PM
    Classic is a flagship device? Probably the most outdated flagship device ever.
    09-25-15 12:30 PM
128 12345 ...