Clearing the cookies and data and doing a forced restart no longer works on my Classic. Is is possible to install a older browser?

Posted via CB10
    It doesn't have anything to do with the browser it's YouTube

Posted via CB10
    04-27-17 02:54 AM
    Yes exactly. As I stated before this is also happening on PC's. This isn't a bug or blackberry issue. Please no one reload or downgrade their BlackBerry thinking it will fix this. Clearing browser cache and cookies is a temporary fix for now that works for some people. But whatever youtube changed is whats doing this. The only hope is that there is backlash and it's undone. However considering this has been standard behavior for IOS and Android for quite some time I doubt sheeple will care.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-17 05:07 AM
    I think I figured out why it stopped working, so I logged in to twitter on my browser and I received the security email stating that there's a new login, guess from what! Safari I was like wtf

Posted via CB10
    04-27-17 05:16 AM
    I'm not sure I follow... bb10 browser has been missclassisfied as safari for quite some time of different platforms.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-17 05:19 AM
    I'm not sure I follow... bb10 browser has been missclassisfied as safari for quite some time of different platforms.

Posted via CB10
    First time for me it usually says BlackBerry10 or something BlackBerry related I don't remember

Posted via CB10
    04-27-17 06:17 AM
    Clearing the cookies and data and doing a forced restart no longer works on my Classic. Is is possible to install a older browser?

Posted via CB10
    From a technical standpoint, this is likely to do very, very little to resolve the issue.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-17 09:55 AM
    YouTube may have made changes that adversely affect the BB10 browser, but it wasn't done on purpose to affect BB10 users. They couldn't care less about BB10 users one way or the other.

Just clear the cookies and history and restart browser. This will only work for a while, at which time you will have to do it again.

Use Android if playing YouTube in the background is a must. Plenty of apps and browsers available there to do that.
    Are there plenty for Android? That wasn't my experience last time I searched in earnest.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-17 08:12 PM
    Are there plenty for Android? That wasn't my experience last time I searched in earnest.

Posted via CB10
    Yes.

I like OGYouTube.
    04-29-17 08:13 PM
    Is the only surefire fix, so far, to switch to the desktop site?

Posted via CB10
    04-29-17 08:38 PM
    I think downloading Qbrowser from bbworld is among the solutions. The display is even better than the stock browser.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-17 02:45 AM
    Clearing cache and hard reset didn't work for me but desktop mode is working! : )
    Thanks a lot

Posted via CB10
    04-30-17 06:53 AM
    Argh! Darn you Google! I'll watch your ads but just let me do other things while a video is playing!!! Everything had been working and now back to this again

Posted via CB10
    04-30-17 07:12 AM
    Clearing cache and hard reset didn't work for me but desktop mode is working! : )
    Thanks a lot

Posted via CB10
    Ah, desktop mode! Thanks!

Smarter Everyday! (playing in the background right now! I love this guy's videos!) https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=de...&v=Jsc-pQIMxt8

Posted via CB10
    04-30-17 07:16 AM
    Is qbrowser better than Browsie? If I'm actually going BUY a browser I only want to do it once :-p

Posted via CB10
    04-30-17 10:45 AM
    Not to get short, but it's pretty clear that all these 'solutions' are quickfixes that won't work for more than a week or two.

If you're really torn up about using YouTube in the background, spend the 3$ for Browsie Browser. Apart from the fact that YouTube plays in the background, it's a fantastic browser. Built-in ad blocker, great night mode, user-agent switcher (so you can switch to Android and it will give you a much more modern version of Google than the stock browser gets), but much much more than that, it is very regularly updated by one of the few remaining BB10 devs.

If you like this OS that much, support our devs!

Posted via CB10

EDIT: Totally forgot my favourite Browsie feature of all: full screen mode! It's a real game-changer.
    Last edited by thejackson5; 05-01-17 at 03:21 PM.
    05-01-17 01:31 PM
    Not to get short, but it's pretty clear that all these 'solutions' are quickfixes that won't work for more than a week or two.

If you're really torn up about using YouTube in the background, spend the 3$ for Browsie Browser. Apart from the fact that YouTube plays in the background, it's a fantastic browser. Built-in ad blocker, great night mode, user-agent switcher (so you can switch to Android and it will give you a much more modern version of Google than the stock browser gets), but much much more than that, it is very regularly updated by one of the few remaining BB10 devs.

If you like this OS that much, support our devs!

Posted via CB10

EDIT: Totally forgot my favourite Browsie feature of all: full screen mode! It's a real game-changer.
    Desktop mode has worked without fail so far.

Browsie Browser is excellent and has a great feature set, but the mobile Youtube site still doesn't play when my screen is off.
    Last edited by mh1983; 05-01-17 at 08:24 PM.
    05-01-17 04:25 PM
    Desktop mode has worked without fail so far.

Browsie Browser is excellent and has a great feature set, but the mobile Youtube site still doesn't plan when my screen is off.
    New update will contain a fix for this.

Edit: still testing my fix

Posted via CB10
    anon(5597702) and elfabio80 like this.
    05-01-17 07:00 PM
    New update will contain a fix for this.

Edit: still testing my fix

Posted via CB10
    Weird, I'm using Browsie right now and YouTube in the background is working absolutely perfectly.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-17 07:46 PM
    Weird, I'm using Browsie right now and YouTube in the background is working absolutely perfectly.

Posted via CB10
    The theme of this thread is YMMV. If you have a way that's working for you, that's great.

Glad to see there'll be a Browsie update too (thx, dev!)

Posted via CB10
    05-01-17 08:25 PM
    The theme of this thread is YMMV. If you have a way that's working for you, that's great.

Posted via CB10
    Understood, it's just that the CS major in me is just wonder what the could possibly be the variable between all these different devices, OSes, YouTube code, and browsers that lead them to play or not play whilst minimised. It just doesn't make sense.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Uzi; 05-02-17 at 02:24 AM.
    05-01-17 09:48 PM
    SuperTube works great!!! Also in SuperTube you can adjust the video quality on WiFi and cellular as to save on data.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-17 05:02 AM
    SuperTube works great!!! Also in SuperTube you can adjust the video quality on WiFi and cellular as to save on data.

Posted via CB10
    Preach it! I also like how you can longpress on a video link and "share" it to supertube to play in the background

Posted via CB10
    05-05-17 09:51 PM
    Heres the problem with all the third party apps that are not the native browser... I wanna full screen youtube and output HDMI and do something else on the phone screen.
    05-06-17 12:24 AM
    Preach it! I also like how you can longpress on a video link and "share" it to supertube to play in the background

Posted via CB10
    Excellent!

I so disliked the Supertube search and display I stopped using it. The desktop site for YouTube is a pain as well, so this Open In option is a decent solution. Thanks for reminding!

Posted via CB10
    palewhiteninja likes this.
    05-06-17 12:42 AM
    Heres the problem with all the third party apps that are not the native browser... I wanna full screen youtube and output HDMI and do something else on the phone screen.
    Ça marche pas dans les applis tierces ?

Posted via CB10
    05-06-17 04:05 AM
81 1234