I received the 10.3.3.2137 OTA update a couple of days ago (my carrier is Rogers).

Since the update I haven't been able to send or download emails on my Z30 for my work domain (it's our own domain hosted on Namespro.ca, it's not gmail or yahoo or any of those free providers).

All other functions of my phone are still working, including those requiring data.

This issue seems to be specific to this phone (I also own a Priv and my business partner uses a iPhone 6, and both devices are sending and receiving normally), and our emails are working normally on our work laptops.

Is anyone else having an issue with emails on their BB10 device?

Thanks.
    05-03-18 10:49 AM
    I received the 10.3.3.2137 OTA update a couple of days ago (my carrier is Rogers).

Since the update I haven't been able to send or download emails on my Z30 for my work domain (it's our own domain hosted on Namespro.ca, it's not gmail or yahoo or any of those free providers).

All other functions of my phone are still working, including those requiring data.

This issue seems to be specific to this phone (I also own a Priv and my business partner uses a iPhone 6, and both devices are sending and receiving normally), and our emails are working normally on our work laptops.

Is anyone else having an issue with emails on their BB10 device?

Thanks.
    Remove and add back the account.
    05-03-18 10:58 AM
    Remove and add back the account.
    One of the first things I tried.

No joy.
    05-03-18 11:05 AM
    it may be a problem with the SW. Had the same behaviour, the whole phone locked up after a few day of use, or almost right away. Opening apps did no longer work. The only way out was a complete reinstall of the phone software via autoloader. The issue is now finally gone after applying the latest SW via autolader. It almost drove me nuts.
    05-03-18 03:55 PM
    it may be a problem with the SW. Had the same behaviour, the whole phone locked up after a few day of use, or almost right away. Opening apps did no longer work. The only way out was a complete reinstall of the phone software via autoloader. The issue is now finally gone after applying the latest SW via autolader. It almost drove me nuts.
    Ouch.

Does reinstalling the OS using the autoloader wipe all of your data and settings as well, or should all those be safe (i.e. it's just reinstalling the update)?
    05-03-18 05:13 PM
    Ouch.

Does reinstalling the OS using the autoloader wipe all of your data and settings as well, or should all those be safe (i.e. it's just reinstalling the update)?
    Autoloader does a complete wipe. But that's what you need to do anyway to have it accomplish what you are trying to do.
    05-03-18 05:36 PM
    Just to add that I had issues with the SW downloaded from the Mega site for my Passport. Only the very last SW update downloaded from Mega helped me out. In all cases I performed an autoloader procedure.
    05-03-18 11:57 PM
    It was 10.3.3.3057 that caused me troubles, the autoloader for 10.3.3.3216 solved the issue for me.
    05-04-18 01:04 AM
    This seems like a lot of effort. Too bad I actually like my Z30 and want to keep using it for as long as I can, so I'll give it a try.

I wonder if BB is being evil and trying to steer us to one of their new Android devices?
    Laura Shamess likes this.
    05-04-18 09:48 AM
    This seems like a lot of effort. Too bad I actually like my Z30 and want to keep using it for as long as I can, so I'll give it a try.

I wonder if BB is being evil and trying to steer us to one of their new Android devices?
    I have 10.3.3.3216 on all of my BB10 devices, and have zero issues.

BlackBerry does not have Android (or any) devices, as they have been out of the hardware business for over 1.5 years.
    Sime0n_S likes this.
    05-04-18 09:51 AM
    BlackBerry does not have Android (or any) devices, as they have been out of the hardware business for over 1.5 years.
    Tell that to my Priv. The one with the BlackBerry logo on it.
    cyberdoggie likes this.
    05-04-18 09:55 AM
    Tell that to my Priv.
    It already knows it has been EOL since last fall.
    05-04-18 09:56 AM
    It already knows it has been EOL since last fall.
    Is the Blackberry Motion EOL as well?
    05-04-18 10:00 AM
    Is the Blackberry Motion EOL as well?
    That's a TCL device, and has nothing to do with BlackBerry. Likewise the KEYᵒⁿᵉ.
    Sime0n_S likes this.
    05-04-18 10:01 AM
    That's a TCL device, and has nothing to do with BlackBerry. Likewise the KEYᵒⁿᵉ.
    As long as it's got a BlackBerry branding on it, then as far as I'm concerned it's a BlackBerry device.

We can agree to disagree.
    PowderJockey likes this.
    05-04-18 10:05 AM
    As long as it's got a BlackBerry branding on it, then as far as I'm concerned it's a BlackBerry device.

We can agree to disagree.
    That's lovely from a philosophical point of view if it makes you feel good, but we were talking about whether or not BlackBerry borked the update on purpose to make you buy a TCL device. I say their motivation to do that would be marginal at best.
    05-04-18 10:09 AM
    That's lovely from a philosophical point of view if it makes you feel good, but we were talking about whether or not BlackBerry borked the update on purpose to make you buy a TCL device. I say their motivation to do that would be marginal at best.
    Yeah, man. It totally makes me feel good. How you doin'?
    05-04-18 10:49 AM
    Yeah, man. It totally makes me feel good. How you doin'?
    Just peachy!
    05-04-18 11:00 AM
    Sweet, lol.
    05-04-18 05:23 PM
    I am not sure if this is an isolated issue or if it's a more well known problem but a user also reported the same thing on Reddit for BlackBerry.

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackberry/..._after_latest/

I haven't had a chance to update my SE Passport yet, I need to do a back up of some photos and was thinking of updating via BlackBerry Link. I am a little hesitant to do it if there are any additional issues.

Another friend of mine who also had a Z30 MAY have had this issue but I need to confirm with him again. He recently bought a BlackBerry Motion cause his phone couldn't connect to the server anymore at his employer but I am not sure if this was email related.

Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    05-05-18 02:28 AM
    So I downloaded an autoloader from the Mega.nz archive as instructed.

But I can't open it - my computer seems to think it's a "Comix" file for some reason, I don't even have a "Comix" app installed on my computer that I know of.

Do I need to extract the autoloader first, and if so how? I read somewhere that it's a rar archive, but my unrar extractor doesn't recognize it.
    05-05-18 02:56 PM
    Do I need to extract the autoloader first, and if so how? I read somewhere that it's a rar archive, but my unrar extractor doesn't recognize it.
    Yes, you need to unzip it. The file was zipped with 7-Zip. You can find that program and install it on your PC. When you unzip the autoloader you will be left with an .exe file. Plug in your device, click that .exe and the process will begin. It only takes about 12-15 minutes. So easy!
    05-05-18 02:59 PM
    Yes, you need to unzip it. The file was zipped with 7-Zip. You can find that program and install it on your PC. When you unzip the autoloader you will be left with an .exe file. Plug in your device, click that .exe and the process will begin. It only takes about 12-15 minutes. So easy!
    Thanks.

Finally figured it out.

Unfortunately this did not solve the original problem as described in my original post.

At this point, do I try an even older version, or should I just throw in the towel and get a new phone?

I used the Z30_10.3.03.3216_STA100-1-2-3-4-5-6 autoloader.

Thanks.

Edit: gonna give it a try with x.x.x.3057
    05-05-18 03:28 PM
    Yes, you need to unzip it. The file was zipped with 7-Zip.
    Thanks again. I've literally never heard of this compression format. I guess I'm still stuck in the 90s ...
    05-05-18 03:29 PM
    Has anybody experienced this issue with another email provider such as Gmail or hotmail?

I understand this issue is related to someone's corporate server on their BlackBerry Z30 but I am wondering if anybody else has been affected with any other devices?

Thanks in advance,

Posted via CB10
    05-05-18 03:32 PM
46 12