With Priv in the market and Venice been shown off (rumoured though), is 10.3.2 will be the last update ever for us the BB OS10 users or will we get something new or are we going to be a lost cause?
    Frankly, I really love my Z10 but I think I have to give up on it sooner rather than later. Although I never had any problems with my Z10, but not much apps to use neither the existing apps gets updated at a regular basis, which is now getting annoying.

Posted via CB10
    sergiocosta likes this.
    11-18-15 07:52 PM
    BB 10 so far it's got everything ,it's running android apps better then android ,if one app don't work you can patch it thanks to Cobalt ,
    even if we don't get another update were still good for a while
    Q10Bold likes this.
    11-18-15 08:02 PM
    With Priv in the market and Venice been shown off (rumoured though), is 10.3.2 will be the last update ever for us the BB OS10 users or will we get something new or are we going to be a lost cause?
    Frankly, I really love my Z10 but I think I have to give up on it sooner rather than later. Although I never had any problems with my Z10, but not much apps to use neither the existing apps gets updated at a regular basis, which is now getting annoying.

Posted via CB10
    10.3.3 and 10.3.4 will come next year, that's confirmed by BlackBerry. Please use the search function or check the news section as this has been covered in both a gazillion times already.

Posted via CB10
    paulwallace1234 likes this.
    11-19-15 01:26 AM
    Blackberry also said it would update the PlayBook to BB10 and we all know how that worked out. If the Priv sells well they will drop BB10.

Rocking the awesome Z30 and Q10
    11-19-15 05:00 AM
    10.3.3 and 10.3.4 will come next year, that's confirmed by BlackBerry. Please use the search function or check the news section as this has been covered in both a gazillion times already.

Posted via CB10
    They already have confirmed it but with switching their focus on Android, isn't it possible that they don't even bother to update BB10? After all its a company like any other else, they would go for making profit rather than satisfying our needs (BB10 users), and with update getting slow, it has become a concern. Even apps like Facebook and Twitter hasn't been updated since when I don't remember.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-15 06:35 AM
    Blackberry also said it would update the PlayBook to BB10 and we all know how that worked out. If the Priv sells well they will drop BB10.

Exactly my point. And it's a concern because I think when the company was down and out (and somewhat it still is) the hardcore BlackBerry users still put their faith in BlackBerry and they should be treated well, atleast that's what I think.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-15 06:38 AM
    Exactly my point. And it's a concern because I think when the company was down and out (and somewhat it still is) the hardcore BlackBerry users still put their faith in BlackBerry and they should be treated well, atleast that's what I think.

Posted via CB10
    About PlayBook: updating it to BB10 is not the same thing as making a current OS update. Same with 10.3.X devices. 10.3.3/4 are most likely to be seen, but don't think it will be any good. I mean probably security/maintanence updates. After that I think it will be the end od story.
    Vistaus likes this.
    11-19-15 06:44 AM
    They really need to at least update the Bluetooth software. With the IOT I would be a real waste not to be able to use the latest BB10 devices. Chen isn't thinking.

TMO  Z10,STL100-3/10.3.2.2789
    11-19-15 07:01 AM
    With BlackBerry using Android BlackBerry is dead, as they are now just another Droid handset. I came for OS10 I won't be staying for Android.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Sir Reaper; 11-20-15 at 03:35 AM.
    ppeters914 and Vistaus like this.
    11-19-15 01:37 PM
    John Chen destroyed Blackberry OS 10.

i won't buy a 800$ android blackberry with a bad camera.

Posted via my SD810 powered LG FLEX 2
    11-19-15 04:13 PM

True, but unlike the Playbook, BB10 is important for them because of companies and governments using it. And there are already recent confirmations that 10.3.3 test builds are tested within the closed beta group so that does assure me they will at least give us one more update, 10.3.3

Posted via CB10
    11-20-15 01:00 AM
    I really do hope they continue with BB10 updates because I love BB10 And plan on sticking with the OS.

11-20-15 05:50 AM
    I really do hope they continue with BB10 updates because I love BB10 And plan on sticking with the OS.

I agree. And I want the same. BB10 rocks

Posted via CB10
    11-20-15 05:52 AM
    11-20-15 10:49 AM
    Might become a niche operating system for extreme security applications without the need of Android. I could see that happening. Then they could use android to market to the public and have bb10 for high risk devices.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-15 08:04 PM
    OK, so BlackBerry said updates of 10.3.3 &. 4.

Now what about the BB10 carrier locked phones? Will we, or when will we see the carrier push it out? When BlackBerry announces EOL?

BB10 is Dead
    11-21-15 03:27 PM
    Sure BlackBerry will probably stop developing BB10, and seeing the current market share I don't blame them.

However, I'm sure there's a niche market for these kinds of devices, though specialized.

I would really love to be able to buy new BB10 devices in the future.. as a matter of fact I just bought a Z30.

As long as it is here, let's use it and enjoy. The phone won't suddenly stop working when BlackBerry pulls the plug.

Android and Apple have about two years before I need to replace this phone... they'll better come with something decent by that time. I am not impressed by Android offerings or ios9... it is all too cumbersome to me to work effectively...

Posted via CB10
    11-21-15 04:37 PM

I wish people would stop bringing up the PlayBook as an argument that BlackBerry won't do what they said. It was a promise made by Thor that he couldn't or didn't keep. That was a bad move, but he's gone. Just about everyone who worked on the PlayBook is gone. Virtually no one bought it (I had two, still have and use one). I used early BB10 on hardware similar to the PlayBook and I believe Thor was right to break that promise. As many people who have and still use their PlayBooks will tell you, for some applications it still out performs many BB10 devices.

On the other hand BB10 while not wildly popular is in many government and regulated businesses with long support contracts. I know of several who have completed long business process development projects based on BB10 and BES. People are still buying BB10 devices. Bringing out 10.3.3 and 10.4.0 is not anywhere near as difficult, nor as likely to reduce performance as bringing BB10 to the PlayBook would. Remember that Tablet OS did not include Cascades which was, until they got GPU support baked in, a huge performance and battery hit.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2639
    Vistaus likes this.
    11-21-15 04:51 PM
    About PlayBook: updating it to BB10 is not the same thing as making a current OS update. Same with 10.3.X devices. 10.3.3/4 are most likely to be seen, but don't think it will be any good. I mean probably security/maintanence updates. After that I think it will be the end od story.
    You are correct sir. Just like it happened to Tablet OS

Posted via CB10
    11-21-15 05:32 PM
    I wish people would stop bringing up the PlayBook as an argument that BlackBerry won't do what they said. It was a promise made by Thor that he couldn't or didn't keep. That was a bad move, but he's gone. Just about everyone who worked on the PlayBook is gone. Virtually no one bought it (I had two, still have and use one). I used early BB10 on hardware similar to the PlayBook and I believe Thor was right to break that promise. As many people who have and still use their PlayBooks will tell you, for some applications it still out performs many BB10 devices.

On the other hand BB10 while not wildly popular is in many government and regulated businesses with long support contracts. I know of several who have completed long business process development projects based on BB10 and BES. People are still buying BB10 devices. Bringing out 10.3.3 and 10.4.0 is not anywhere near as difficult, nor as likely to reduce performance as bringing BB10 to the PlayBook would. Remember that Tablet OS did not include Cascades which was, until they got GPU support baked in, a huge performance and battery hit.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2639
    What you say about the PlayBook is true but I don't agree with you on the point that people are buying BB10 device (compared to other devices it's neglectful). Even they stopped making Z10, Q5, Q10, even Z30 production is going to stop or it has already, not quite sure. BlackBerry Classic came into the market and failed, Leap couldn't make a significant impact in the market, Passport did not get acceptance quite much. Every device they launch have higher expectation and lesser acceptance. In order to stay in the market the basic thing was to get acceptance from the user end, which BlackBerry failed to do. Introducing Priv in the market is that act of desperation or it can be said it's the last resort BlackBerry has taken to sustain their hardware business. I don't blame them, infact it's a brave move on their part to be able to bring changes as required in the market. But what makes BlackBerry devices a great joy to have is their effectiveness which needs to be sustained, and BB10 devices are those devices which gives meaning to effectiveness and efficiency related to work and their timely update is required in order to do so.

One more thing, even being able to work on Android apps on my Z10, I pretty much never had to look beyond BlackBerry World for the apps and am satisfied with it. But if BB10 was doing well in the market don't you think the updates would have been coming fast and better atleast for the popular apps.

P.s. I'm talking about a wider clientele and not about a specific group or set of people.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-15 06:34 PM
    What you say about the PlayBook is true but I don't agree with you on the point that people are buying BB10 device (compared to other devices it's neglectful). Even they stopped making Z10, Q5, Q10, even Z30 production is going to stop or it has already, not quite sure. BlackBerry Classic came into the market and failed, Leap couldn't make a significant impact in the market, Passport did not get acceptance quite much. Every device they launch have higher expectation and lesser acceptance. In order to stay in the market the basic thing was to get acceptance from the user end, which BlackBerry failed to do. Introducing Priv in the market is that act of desperation or it can be said it's the last resort BlackBerry has taken to sustain their hardware business. I don't blame them, infact it's a brave move on their part to be able to bring changes as required in the market. But what makes BlackBerry devices a great joy to have is their effectiveness which needs to be sustained, and BB10 devices are those devices which gives meaning to effectiveness and efficiency related to work and their timely update is required in order to do so.

One more thing, even being able to work on Android apps on my Z10, I pretty much never had to look beyond BlackBerry World for the apps and am satisfied with it. But if BB10 was doing well in the market don't you think the updates would have been coming fast and better atleast for the popular apps.

P.s. I'm talking about a wider clientele and not about a specific group or set of people.

Posted via CB10
    Go back and read what I wrote. I didn't say BB10 was doing well in the market. My point is that BlackBerry doesn't need it to do well in the market for them to have a vested interest in following through with the two promised updates.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2639
    11-21-15 06:49 PM
    Go back and read what I wrote. I didn't say BB10 was doing well in the market. My point is that BlackBerry doesn't need it to do well in the market for them to have a vested interest in following through with the two promised updates.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2639
    I got your point about the update, I only disagreed to the point that people are still buying BB10.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-15 07:05 PM
    I got your point about the update, I only disagreed to the point that people are still buying BB10.

Posted via CB10
    People are still buying BlackBerrys. My household bought two in the last few months. I know people who have bought BB10 devices since the Priv came out. Stores in my area still carry them, and replace stock as they are sold. BlackBerry was selling 800,000 per quarter before the Priv launched. Are you suggesting that all the people buying BlackBerrys last moth are now only buying the Priv?
    11-21-15 08:26 PM
    People are still buying BlackBerrys. My household bought two in the last few months. I know people who have bought BB10 devices since the Priv came out. Stores in my area still carry them, and replace stock as they are sold. BlackBerry was selling 800,000 per quarter before the Priv launched. Are you suggesting that all the people buying BlackBerrys last moth are now only buying the Priv?
    No, my point is, in your area people are buying BlackBerry, whereas, in my area and nearby city, BlackBerry had to close their store and not just that, they even had to close their service center, because they are not able to generate demand for their products. The nearest store or the service center to my area is 200 kms away.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-15 08:39 PM
    It would be interesting to see how many BB10 phones are sold in the upcoming quarters. Blackberry will likely not break the numbers down by OS though. Some have said in these forums that 120,000 of the 800,000 above were bbos phones.
    11-21-15 11:44 PM
34 12