I have a Z10 and it was updated to 10.3.1.

I have custom tones set for text notifications for some of my contacts. So far I have only received a text from one of my contacts since updating, but when the text comes in it plays the default tone and not the custom tone. (This has been the case since I bought the Z10 and started with BB10, so this update is a bust on a feature that has been in the OS since rollout.)

Anyone have any solutions? or have you been able to find out what may be causing this?

(Please, do not recommend I buy an app for a feature that I paid for with the included OS. I am asking for solutions to the problem in OS 10.3.1. Thank you.)
    02-19-15 06:13 PM
    Try a hard reset, depending on your phone model, hold the volume up and down buttons untill you see the blue loading circle, if you have the stl-100-1 use the power button to do the same.
    02-19-15 06:19 PM
    I did a battery pull after updating to 10.3.1, so a reset hasn't fixed anything.
    02-19-15 06:26 PM
    I did a battery pull after updating to 10.3.1, so a reset hasn't fixed anything.

You shouldn't do battery pulls on these new devices, do what i suggested above.
    Pdinos3 likes this.
    02-19-15 06:28 PM
    A hard reset does nothing.

I just got a new text message and it played the profile default tone not the custom one.
    02-19-15 09:26 PM
    I'm having this issue for the longest time annoying

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 09:31 PM
    Well you could back up your device with link and do a security wipe, but hey thats up to you.
    02-19-15 09:34 PM
    Tried that before, it did nothing.
    02-19-15 09:54 PM
    Well then I think your hopped till another leak or official comes out.

Passport. SQW100-1/10.3.1.2267 The Best Phone On The Market Today
    02-19-15 09:57 PM
    Guys this was solved before. Go into the custom notifications and do a reset of all custom notifications. Then also erase any custom profiles you may have set up for any contacts.

Then redo it... it should work

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 10:13 PM
    Guys this was solved before. Go into the custom notifications and do a reset of all custom notifications. Then also erase any custom profiles you may have set up for any contacts.
    Could you be more specific:
    Reset all custom notifications?
    Erase any custom profiles?

Previously, I deleted all contacts from my phone and re-loaded them from Outlook. I then had to re-create the notifications from scratch. That did nothing.

And if "this was solved before", why is it still a problem and why is it happening to a brand new Classic (http://forums.crackberry.com/ask-que...ault-991854/)?)
    Last edited by Pulsing Brain; 02-20-15 at 12:10 AM.
    02-19-15 11:18 PM
    I didn't have any custom tones set before the update, but as it was 'offering' different led colours I thought I'd try it.......set one up through the swipe down / settings / notification route, no joy, tried by going into contacts, altered the settings for that contact then added that contact in the swipe down / notifications route......bingo!! Hope that all makes sense.

After 30 years in the waiting.......GMT IIc
    02-20-15 12:27 AM
    Could you be more specific:
    Reset all custom notifications?
    Erase any custom profiles?

Previously, I deleted all contacts from my phone and re-loaded them from Outlook. I then had to re-create the notifications from scratch. That did nothing.

And if "this was solved before", why is it still a problem and why is it happening to a brand new Classic (http://forums.crackberry.com/ask-que...ault-991854/)?)
    Well it's "solved" meaning that we found a fix... but BlackBerry hasn't fixed it officially lol

Erase all custom profiles and custom app notifications. Then you should be alright after

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 09:26 AM
    I didn't have any custom tones set before the update, but as it was 'offering' different led colours I thought I'd try it.......set one up through the swipe down / settings / notification route, no joy, tried by going into contacts, altered the settings for that contact then added that contact in the swipe down / notifications route......bingo!! Hope that all makes sense.
    What do you mean, "added that contact in the swipe down / notifications route" Be specific in all of your steps, please.
    02-20-15 01:53 PM
    Well it's "solved" meaning that we found a fix... but BlackBerry hasn't fixed it officially lol

Erase all custom profiles and custom app notifications. Then you should be alright after

Please be specific, "Erase all custom profiles and custom app notifications"; how do you "erase" custom profiles?
    02-20-15 01:54 PM
    Please be specific, "Erase all custom profiles and custom app notifications"; how do you "erase" custom profiles?

10.3.1 update - custom text notifications still not working-img_20150220_152614.png

At the bottom you can go there and erase all custom contact profiles

10.3.1 update - custom text notifications still not working-img_20150220_152731.png

Notice the star next to vibrate, it means that I have a custom setting for this notification profile. You need to get them all back to default. You need to reset also custom app notifications using the button at the bottom.

Make sure you reset all your profiles (vibrate, silent, normal...)

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 02:30 PM
    Thanks for the clarification.

BTW how did you set your 10.3.1 to 'black'. Mine became default 'white' with the update.
    02-20-15 06:14 PM
    Thanks for the clarification.

BTW how did you set your 10.3.1 to 'black'. Mine became default 'white' with the update.
    Do you have a Z30? I think the black theme is only Z30 and Q10

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 07:28 PM
    I have a Z10, but I think there was a way to set the display to black backgrounds.

I remember shutting it off (back when I got it - OS version 10.1) when someone told me that it took electricity to make the screen black versus less electricity to have white (making an LCD black takes power versus white which is just the power for the inherent back-lighting).
    02-20-15 11:42 PM
    I have a Z10, but I think there was a way to set the display to black backgrounds.

I remember shutting it off (back when I got it - OS version 10.1) when someone told me that it took electricity to make the screen black versus less electricity to have white (making an LCD black takes power versus white which is just the power for the inherent back-lighting).
    Yeah I think there's a place to reverse the contrast... in the accessibility settings.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 12:01 AM