03-13-15 10:01 AM
163 12345 ...
tools
    Am I to understand that restoring it didn't help?

Also, update on mine. Still back... Charging til it was full battery (green light while the phone is off) and doing a reset (volumes + -) did nothing... Tried multiple times. So no further than I was before.

Thankfully, Blend works so I can check my messages. Should try the HDMI cable.

Was going to restore the phone but if that doesn't help...
    Restore and using autoloader to go back to 10.2 didn't solve it for me.

Posted on my now almost useless z30 that won't wake up
    03-03-15 08:43 PM
    Am I to understand that restoring it didn't help?

Also, update on mine. Still back... Charging til it was full battery (green light while the phone is off) and doing a reset (volumes + -) did nothing... Tried multiple times. So no further than I was before.

Thankfully, Blend works so I can check my messages. Should try the HDMI cable.

Was going to restore the phone but if that doesn't help...
    Mine went like that, I returned it and was replaced under warranty.
    03-03-15 08:47 PM
    The colleague of mine who has the Z30 is 2 weeks past her warranty at this point.

This evening I called Rogers (business) tech support on her behalf, and Rogers said they're well aware of this critical "blank screen" update issue, and have received calls for this from other customers.

Tech support guy suggested: put in a service ticket, and hold tight, as BlackBerry is working on it.

But what do you do in the meantime with a useless phone? What if you're expecting important phone calls, answer calls on a black screen?

At least when you take your car in to the garage, they give you a loaner....
    03-03-15 09:41 PM
    anyone tried to hold down the power button till it restart??? or from BB's website to reload the os?

I got the leak on mine 1581 and never had problem so far..update says I am up to date.
    03-03-15 10:29 PM
    anyone tried to hold down the power button till it restart??? or from BB's website to reload the os?
    .. Yes, yes I have. Held down the top power button to shut down the phone and again to reboot it. No dice. Tried holding down the volume buttons for 10/20/30/60 seconds, no dice. Tried actually pressing the power top button and clicking the reboot button ( the phone still functions, just can 't SEE what you're doing so as long as you know where the buttons are, you can still press them) no dice there either.
    It's as black of a screen as anything with no flicker of hope in any of the fixes.

Also, update on my progress... Nothing. Blackberry link now won't even let me back up my device because it says Device not associated with Blackberry ID. The fix for this, from what I've read, Turn Off or On the BlackBerry Protect setting... from the device. What if you cannot access your device?

So back to square one... Wait for BB to fix this and hope it's in a timely manner
    03-03-15 10:37 PM
    can it connect to Sashesi?
    03-03-15 10:42 PM
    10.3.1 is not coming up on Bell with Sachesi anymore. I posted about this earlier in another thread. Obviously Bell took back the 10.3.1 release.
    03-03-15 10:54 PM
    I've experienced 1 and 4. I agree 9 is rubbish though as is no longer supported anywhere.

Posted via CB10
    How can you say that Flash is not supported anywhere? Many popular sites out there use Flash, like Ticketmaster for instance, and many sites use a Flash player to stream audio. After 'upgrading' to 10.3.1 the only tangible differences are that I can do fewer things on the Web, and my alarm volume is so low that I have to take my phone to bed. Yay.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 10:55 PM
    I posted about this in Sachesi thread here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...l#post11420563
    ====================

Did bell just roll back the 10.3 update? Sachesi can't find it anymore.. I was able to find it just recently but now it is giving me a lower version:

Before:

Now:

It clearly said "Available for STA 100-5" not anymore.. Did they realize it is causing too many problems and stopped the release?
    03-03-15 10:57 PM
    All except the possibility of #3 are absolute rubbish. Where do people get these information from? I've been running 10.3 leak from the day it became available on my Z30 and between friends and family we have a total of 8 Z30s and not one and I repeat not one of them have any of these issues.

Posted via CB10
    Actually, I itself experience 1 myself, so no. Radio in 10.3.1 had issues with movement between 4G and 3G/2G areas.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 11:07 PM
    How can you say that Flash is not supported anywhere? Many popular sites out there use Flash, like Ticketmaster for instance, and many sites use a Flash player to stream audio. After 'upgrading' to 10.3.1 the only tangible differences are that I can do fewer things on the Web, and my alarm volume is so low that I have to take my phone to bed. Yay.

Posted via CB10
    They meant that adobe maker of flash has dropped mobile flash. It's over.

03-03-15 11:08 PM
    I posted about this in Sachesi thread here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...l#post11420563
    ====================

Did bell just roll back the 10.3 update? Sachesi can't find it anymore.. I was able to find it just recently but now it is giving me a lower version:

Before:

https://i.gyazo.com/579d4dbb94e6b619...2079663215.png

Now:

http://i.gyazo.com/341f31cf4615f69816eb47ebcf8f8392.png

It clearly said "Available for STA 100-5" not anymore.. Did they realize it is causing too many problems and stopped the release?
    Pulled. Lots of issues. Disaster. Don't update till its fixed, just in case. Most are fine but a few of us are having a nightmare.

03-03-15 11:09 PM
    I'm on official 10.3.1 from Telus and the only issue I have so far is realizing they shifted the $ # and ( ) keys.
    03-04-15 12:24 AM
    I'm on official 10.3.1 from Telus and the only issue I have so far is realizing they shifted the $ # and ( ) keys.
    Trust me. Don't let that battery die. That's when the issues for me began. Z 30 and 10.3 have a bug with letting battery drain to dead. Don't do it

nixysug likes this.
    03-04-15 12:29 AM
    Yeah not a fan of that... But there are bigger issues then that. Would rather have to deal with small issues and a working phone than not
    03-04-15 01:03 AM
    And that the emoticons are different order in sms than bbm and the buttons at bottom are different order and the sms emoticons are swiped up and bbm emoticons are swiped sideways.

There are too many inconsistent issues. No standard. If they agree truly about efficiency and productivity then they'd make these all the same so a person doesn't need to stop and correct errors every 5 mins.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 02:44 AM
    #3 and #9.... really? issues? Get out of here with that.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 03:30 AM
    All except the possibility of #3 are absolute rubbish. Where do people get these information from?
    Well I'm sorry, but I have the #4 issue (the worst I guess, considering I cannot use my Z30 AT ALL anymore...), and I'm not the only one...
    This update (I was running on previous leak flawlessly before going with the official update) is a HUGE failure IMHO ...
    I don't even know how they will fix it now.
    03-04-15 03:36 AM
    You folks that are experiencing these problems have to be the unluckiest bunch. There are so many Z30s floating around in my circle and not one have any of these issues as I stated before . One of my friends did complain about his BBM going from dark to white background which he wasn't too happy about and was not too keen on adapting to all the changes at once.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 06:34 AM
    You folks that are experiencing these problems have to be the unluckiest bunch. There are so many Z30s floating around in my circle and not one have any of these issues as I stated before .
    Okay, but how many did let their battery die to 0% (by accident or on purpose, doesn't matter) ?
    kbz1960 and q649 like this.
    03-04-15 06:43 AM
    Word to all DO NOT LET YOUR BATTERY DIE! Also turn off automatic updates until bb has a solution.
    nixysug likes this.
    03-04-15 07:52 AM
    Well I'm sorry, but I have the #4 issue (the worst I guess, considering I cannot use my Z30 AT ALL anymore...), and I'm not the only one...
    This update (I was running on previous leak flawlessly before going with the official update) is a HUGE failure IMHO ...
    I don't even know how they will fix it now.
    What version were you running before?
    Why don't you just reload that? It's a headache, I know, but maybe it's your solution.
    03-04-15 08:45 AM
    More info from tech.
    This only affects the Z30. No rollback plan at this time. The issues found are as follows:

1. Mobile Network radio provides only SOS coverage and battery will not charge after updating to BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.3.1
    2. BlackBerry screen displays fast flickering
    3. Unable to upgrade to BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.3.1 due to insufficient space
    4. Screen appears blank or black and will not power on after software update
    5. After upgrading to 10.3.1 the volume for notifications is noticed to be significantly lower than in the previous version
    6. All data is deleted following a manual restart of the BlackBerry Smartphone, a blue LED is displayed during boot up
    7. After updating to BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.3.1, screen rotation is not working
    8. Unable to boot past 98% or 99% after upgrading to BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.3.1
    9. Adobe Flash support is not included in BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.3.1 Browser
    10. After updating to 10.3.1, Harper is STILL the Prime Minister of Canada
    Z30 on Rogers here in Vancouver and I am suffering from issue number 10 after updating.
    03-04-15 08:58 AM
    What version were you running before?
    Why don't you just reload that? It's a headache, I know, but maybe it's your solution.
    Already tried that, I tried to wipe/reinstall latest leak 2267, no more success. I read in another post that somebody tried to go back to 10.2, no luck either...
    Honestly I don't even understand how they managed to create a bug that doesn't seem to be cleaned when you reinstall the OS with an autoloader?! Did they touch something in the phone's firmware (I had a problem like this once, with a custom Android ROM on a HTC desire, had to debrick it myself)?

Does everybody who had the same issue, was running on a leak version (I think I was running .1565) before using the official update?
    Maybe it could be a hint to determine the root cause?
    03-04-15 09:00 AM
    I have two Rogers BlackBerry Z30s and the 10.3.1.1581 update is no longer available on either of them. The latest update available now is 10.2.1.3062.

I noticed this morning that the 10.3.1 update is no longer available. Normally when updates come out I wait a week or two. I'm not sure why the update was pulled but I'm glad I waited.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 09:09 AM
163 12345 ...