Installed 10.3 on my Z30 from my carrier Bell.

Too many bugs

Phone not connecting correctly.
    Laggy
    Laggy
    Laggy
    Slow

So I reloaded the device thru Link to factory settings/OS 10.2

Wow....what an improvement!!!!

My intention was to do a clean 10.3 install but 10.3 is not available thru link or thru my device software update. Now I'm not sure I will do the update.

Is it time for me to move to another platform when purchasing my next device?

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 11:05 AM

Too many bugs

Laggy
    Laggy
    Laggy
    Slow

My intention was to do a clean 10.3 install but 10.3 is not available thru link or thru my device software update. Now I'm not sure I will do the update.

Posted via CB10
    I wouldn't Walk away from BlackBerry over this. In my years of tech support BlackBerry are by far the best at getting things right on their phones. I've seen nasty iOS and android bugs too. These systems are now so complex it's really hard to find every bug. Just wait till they fix 10.3 and we will all be in BlackBerry heven for sure

Posted on my z30, updated to 10.3 suffering the black screen/phone on bug that I am close to fixing
    nixysug likes this.
    03-06-15 11:27 AM

Too many bugs

Laggy
    Laggy
    Laggy
    Slow

Posted via CB10
    If that's your only issue I'd suggest going to android central and imore and looking at some of those complaints before switching. They make a laggy system seem pleasant

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CDM76; 03-06-15 at 08:41 PM.
    03-06-15 05:16 PM
    Heh, that's cute. You think BlackBerry reads these forums for feedback...
    I wasn't trying to be cute. People who find the problems eventually report to blackberry, or at least bring to others attention here who realize the same problem and it grows from there, eventually gets to BB. They don't have to read these forums.

Rolled back? As in you installed 10.3.1 and it's back to 10.2.1, or you got the notification for the 10.3.1 upgrade, didn't install it and now the notification is gone?
    They removed the update, correct term would be they retrieved it from servers, it is not showing as available anymore.
    Yes many people had the notification on certain carriers like Bell, it is no longer available and checking via Sachesi confirmed this. 10.3.1 was available specifically for Z30, it is not available any longer.
    03-06-15 07:17 PM
    Z30 on Rogers here in Vancouver and I am suffering from issue number 10 after updating.
    Thank gawd!!!!! Can you imagine the complaining about the update if it named that ***** Trudeau as PM?? Now that would be a glitchy update....
    03-06-15 07:57 PM

Too many bugs

Laggy
    Laggy
    Laggy
    Slow

Maybe move to Apple. They never have an update the week after they release the latest rendition of their os....... Oh yeah, they do! Every time!!!
    03-06-15 07:59 PM
    Has this been fixed?

Have been really careful not to let the battery drain but eventually it is going to happen I am sure.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 09:55 PM
    Roll back the RIM to win.

Posted via CB10
    Does anybody win after rolling back the rim?

I only get 'Try Again'
    03-06-15 11:41 PM
    More than 2 weeks in... and still nothing official from BlackBerry on when updates will be available to cover up this disaster.

Amazing... BlackBerry marching straight toward oblivion... faster every day.

Posted via CB10
    heading4tomorrow likes this.
    03-07-15 10:14 AM
    More than 2 weeks in... and still nothing official from BlackBerry on when updates will be available to cover up this disaster.

Amazing... BlackBerry marching straight toward oblivion... faster every day.

Posted via CB10
    Well, to be fair. When apple or MS dish out an update that borks something, they never pre announce when the fix will be released. Would be hard to know when it will be ready until it's ready. Kinda a catch 22 type situation. Maybe a more public response than a little article on a page in their support site would be in order.

Posted on my z30, updated to 10.3 suffering the black screen/phone on bug that I have fixed!
    03-07-15 10:43 AM
    Well, to be fair. When apple or MS dish out an update that borks something, they never pre announce when the fix will be released. Would be hard to know when it will be ready until it's ready. Kinda a catch 22 type situation. Maybe a more public response than a little article on a page in their support site would be in order.

Posted on my z30, updated to 10.3 suffering the black screen/phone on bug that I have fixed!
    When the update has very real potential to completely brick one's phone, it is unforgivable not to at least officially warn folks!!

And no... it did NOT take Apple this long to address some of their major flaws. Minor ones took longer, yes, but major ones have always been addressed promptly.

Instead Mr Chen is too busy spewing his "software is the future" mantra while they obviously don't have the resources (or worse yet, the motive) to fix current software problems.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-07-15 10:55 AM
    When the update has very real potential to completely brick one's phone, it is unforgivable not to at least officially warn folks!!

And no... it did NOT take Apple this long to address some of their major flaws. Minor ones took longer, yes, but major ones have always been addressed promptly.

Posted via CB10
    I've been an Apple tech for a long time. Worked for them in Markham years back. I've seen them fix things quick for sure but not always. Ask owners of the g3 ibook with the faulty gpu. Or the MacBook pro 15" that had a faulty gpu. Then there was the almost unusable state some iPhone have been let in after major updates like 7 and 8. I feel the frustration you feel for sure, It took me almost 4 days to resurrect my z30 after the update to 10.3 but I still don't see apple as superior in this regard.

But you know what they say. Not everyone will agree on everything

But as I say. I do feel the pain for sure

03-07-15 11:00 AM
    Not sure I understand all of the issues people are having with the 10.3.1 update. I have been using my Z30 with this release for more than 2-weeks, albeit via autoloader, and have experienced zero problems.

Z30 STA 100-3 /10.3.1.2267
    tufcustomer likes this.
    03-07-15 11:11 AM
    The flash player has to do with the tv stations... All of them uses Flash as opposed to Html 5... so you either have to load a flash browser or get the Droid Apps that everyone else uses. Cbc runs on the browser but the Rogers and Global stations don't.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 11:44 AM
    I am loving the update. Only one minor issue with a Z10.
    3x Z30s upgraded without issue and still working FANTASTIC
    2x Z10s, one has the Assistant cannot locate Browser but other then that ... nadda.
    As noted in virtually every leadership module 'people are inherently resistant to change'.
    but I am liking the new OS very much, and I do feel bad for the few that have had some issues, which makes it worse for them.
    03-07-15 12:47 PM
    When the update has very real potential to completely brick one's phone,
    This. For an enterprise focused company it is inexcusable to not have the flaw identified and fixed this far in.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 01:00 PM
    As noted in virtually every leadership module 'people are inherently resistant to change'.
    but I am liking the new OS very much, and I do feel bad for the few that have had some issues, which makes it worse for them.
    It is also noted on many places that most people have very low expectations, especially if they have nothing to compare to.
    03-07-15 05:33 PM
    Absolutely horrible update on BB's part.

I haven't had serious issues yet but there are a ton of annoying bugs.

At this point, I'll just take Blend and roll back to 10.2.1.
    03-07-15 11:57 PM
    Absolutely horrible update on BB's part.

I haven't had serious issues yet but there are a ton of annoying bugs.

At this point, I'll just take Blend and roll back to 10.2.1.
    Hope you don't mean that you are looking to roll back to 10.2.1. AND keep Blend because you can't have Blend unless you are running 10.3.1

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 12:19 AM
    Issue one mainly affects Q5 and if option 1 doesn't work as in my wifes case YOU CANNOT free up enough space on the Q5 for an OTA download, i removed everything from her Q5 i even did a security wipe but it is not possible to create enough space!

My lubbly jubbly Z10. Shine on you crazy BlackBerry
    03-08-15 01:03 AM
    One issue overlooked is the ability to remove app permissions for amazon for those of us who don't want it!

03-08-15 04:27 AM
    One issue overlooked is the ability to remove app permissions for amazon for those of us who don't want it!

You can use App Ops for that. Check the instructions, it is supposed to work with 10.3+
    03-08-15 08:56 PM
    03-09-15 01:08 AM
    No sh!t on what the link says. LOL
    03-09-15 06:55 AM
    A roll back? As in halting the update got those who haven't done it? I heard someone in another thread reporting the 10.3.1 update was no longer appearing for them.

Posted via CB10
    My wife procrastinated in updating her Rogers BlackBerry Q10 to 10.3.1 and now the update is no longer there.

I already updated both my Rogers BlackBerry Q10 & Z10 to 10.3.1 without issue.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 08:38 PM
163 ... 4567