Ya.....garbage. Haven't experienced any on the list

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 09:15 AM
    Ya.....garbage. Haven't experienced any on the list

Posted via CB10
    So that means none of the issues exist even though bb admits to most of them. OK
    JeepBB likes this.
    03-04-15 09:27 AM
    My Z30 on Rogers network is running software release 10.3.1.1581 beautifully. I'm able to use the BlackBerry Blend on my laptop as well.
    Agreed. same here. Laptop running Blend as well.

I had some space issues during the update but once I made space (and more than I thought would initially be necessary) it worked. One piece of advice for anyone running into space issues. If you delete files and apps, and don't forget to look in your downloads folder for old versions of Android APK's to delete, restart your phone to allow your device monitor to properly measure how much space you actually have. At one point my install was 128% complete and eventually stopped. Once I rebooted the phone and started over, it updated and installed very smoothly.
    Last edited by BBZ10wannabe; 03-04-15 at 03:10 PM.
    03-04-15 09:28 AM
    Z30 on Rogers here in Vancouver and I am suffering from issue number 10 after updating.
    I can tell you this. I had a water damaged Z30 with some physical damage as well, lying around so I decided to try and fix it up. I managed to revive it after a few attempts using autoload method so I went out and bought a fresh battery that came with the silver chin housing. After putting it together it was totally dead as there was no power whatsoever in the battery. I thought that would be the perfect opportunity to simulate the 0 battery scenario but after plugging in with PlayBook charger for about five minutes it booted up with no issues ever since.
    Honestly I can't say that none of the reported issues are happening but what I do find strange is that out of nine Z30s that are around me not one of them experienced any of the listed problems. Won't the law of averages strike if any of these were so prevalent? Leads me to conclude that this is not widespread in any way, shape or from but however small it may be it's still good to have it addressed on the highest level.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 09:36 AM
    I can tell you this. I had a water damaged Z30 with some physical damage as well, lying around so I decided to try and fix it up. I managed to revive it after a few attempts using autoload method so I went out and bought a fresh battery that came with the silver chin housing. After putting it together it was totally dead as there was no power whatsoever in the battery. I thought that would be the perfect opportunity to simulate the 0 battery scenario but after plugging in with PlayBook charger for about five minutes it booted up with no issues ever since.
    Honestly I can't say that none of the reported issues are happening but what I do find strange is that out of nine Z30s that are around me not one of them experienced any of the listed problems. Won't the law of averages strike if any of these were so prevalent? Leads me to conclude that this is not widespread in any way, shape or from but however small it may be it's still good to have it addressed on the highest level.

Posted via CB10
    How many of them have let their battery die to 0%? I wonder if opening one up and unhook the battery, and then re attaching it would help at all? It's easy to do.
    03-04-15 09:39 AM
    cant find the appropriate thread for bugs but I noticed this morning my hub message times were all wrong...off by 5 hrs. i'm in GMT-5. did a quick check under date/time settings and things looked right so I did a hard reset and problem disappeared...

Posted via CBX
    03-04-15 09:52 AM
    Update for Z10 on Bell and Telus network also disappeared few days ago. CB is flooded with update issues threads, carriers also receive calls from angry customers for sure. No wonder if they decided to stop the update until BlackBerry fixes the issues.
    And these are the reasons why VZW probably won't even release the update....
    kbz1960 and underway99 like this.
    03-04-15 10:26 AM
    BB definetely stopped the Update for at least the Z30. Worldwide.
    03-04-15 11:09 AM
    Pants

Posted via CBX
    03-04-15 12:04 PM
    My Z30 works just fine after the update from Bell.
    03-04-15 12:10 PM
    Well, if i was you, I wouldn't let your battery drain to dead. Thats when it all starts.
    kbz1960, svjones, nixysug and 2 others like this.
    03-04-15 12:44 PM
    My Z30 works just fine after the update from Bell.
    Lets hope it stays that way. But I agree with ExplicitPromo, don't let your battery die.
    03-04-15 01:31 PM
    How is this thread not getting more attention, did anyone contact the carrier and ask what happened? Were they flooded with complaints and issues on Z30's?
    I am sort of glad I didn't update, but I feel bad that I am missing out on all that goodness 10.3 offers.
    03-04-15 01:37 PM
    Have you ever let the battery die though?
    Nope, I usually charge it at night, but I go to like 3-4% on a regular basis. Considering what people are saying I'll try not to let it die.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-04-15 02:19 PM
    Leaks where fine on my passport and my son's z10 now we have installed official flickering is annoying us both!!!!

The best phone ever! Passport! Xxx
    03-04-15 02:23 PM
    How is this thread not getting more attention, did anyone contact the carrier and ask what happened? Were they flooded with complaints and issues on Z30's?
    I am sort of glad I didn't update, but I feel bad that I am missing out on all that goodness 10.3 offers.
    Ive been in contact with Rogers about the issue. I've called 3 times with 3 different results. One said to wait, one said to contact Blackberry themselves (And Blackberry said they were going to charge me $49.95 just to TALK to a tech support agent or have my carrier contact Blackberry to wave the fee) and the third said that Blackberry was going to charge THEM the $49.95 for me talking to them and they won't direct me over because of the fee. Also, the third one said that I can send it in for repair or if it can't be repaired, they'll send me out a refurbished device.

All of which, unacceptable. Apparently it's a known issue with Rogers. My name is in a group ticket and will get called when there is something to update... get called... yup, that is what they said.
    03-04-15 03:08 PM
    Nope, I usually charge it at night, but I go to like 3-4% on a regular basis. Considering what people are saying I'll try not to let it die.

Posted via CB10
    Don't let it die... I did by mistake and now here I am. Keep it charged and if you don't think you can, bring a charger with you and top it off every once and a while while you can.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-04-15 03:09 PM
    does anyone had issue with the 10.3.1 1581 leak??????????
    03-04-15 03:42 PM
    BB definetely stopped the Update for at least the Z30. Worldwide.
    Cannot post a link, but there is a separate thread called "BB has withdrawn the 10.3 Update..." now.
    03-04-15 03:44 PM
    simple. install the leaked fix.

Posted via CBX
    03-04-15 03:57 PM

Posted via CBX
    Do you mean this fix for the red flashing light or blue light? If so, nope. Won't work. Not even close. After this happens seems nothing you do, downgrade, autoloader, nothing seems to fix it.

Posted on my now almost useless z30 that won't wake up
    03-04-15 04:04 PM
    I can connect my phone to my micro HDMI and connect it to my TV. So... as long as you can use your phone blindly, you can use the TV as a display
    03-04-15 04:19 PM

Posted via CBX
    I'm thinking this will happen even on a leak if you let your battery die.
    03-04-15 05:47 PM
    i'm sorry, I was replying to the guy who said he and his son had no trouble on leaked versions and now he has flickering on his passport with the official version...in that case the fix is simple!

Posted via CBX
    03-04-15 05:57 PM
    Why isn't there a statement from BlackBerry on any of these issues? Either acknowledge or deny. This is nothing minor, if a bug is causing device to be unusable, it's not a bug, it's a monster.
    nixysug and kbz1960 like this.
    03-04-15 09:23 PM
163 ... 23456 ...