Read this. BlackBerry has admitted an issue with z30 and 10.3

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...ListHelperImpl

I wouldn't install 10.3 on a z30 till its fixed.
    CDM76, gemoelle and daniel337 like this.
    03-03-15 11:33 AM
    I feel for the ones effected by these issues. I have turned off auto update and will stay with my leak until or if my carrier even releases 10.3.1 at all and see what others have for issues.
    03-03-15 11:37 AM

KB36766-BlackBerry 10 smartphone Screen appears blank or black and will not power on after software update

Glad the leak I'm on doesn't have that or the other issues listed.
    03-03-15 11:39 AM
    Not Canadian, but I have a Z30 on Verizon and had tons of issues with 10.3.1 up until 2267. I'm happy with this one so far. This was the first release since .969 that the radio didn't have issues. Blackberry has a fix for the BLOD reboot issue, but my Z30 never experienced it on any of the leaks
    03-03-15 11:41 AM
    My Z30 on Rogers network is running software release 10.3.1.1581 beautifully. I'm able to use the BlackBerry Blend on my laptop as well.
    Likewise, though haven't tried blend yet.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 02:36 PM
    Likewise, though haven't tried blend yet.

Posted via CB10
    Have you ever let the battery die though?
    03-03-15 02:52 PM
    This seems the worst one to me

Needs some more info from bb.

E.g.

Obviously best to backup phone asap, then will a full wipe and install using link help?
    03-03-15 03:12 PM
    This seems the worst one to me

Needs some more info from bb.

E.g.

Obviously best to backup phone asap, then will a full wipe and install using link help?
    My god. What a horrible update. I've said it before and I'll say it again. The tech world needs to slow down. Bringing out new features and what not every years is not good. This stuff is so complex they (all tech companies writing comes software) need to slow down and start aiming for a higher standard.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960, CDM76 and nixysug like this.
    03-03-15 03:36 PM
    Low notifications is the only issue I have, so I use my Z10 on 10.2.1 as my alarm and my Z30 for everything else.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 03:47 PM
    All except the possibility of #3 are absolute rubbish. Where do people get these information from? I've been running 10.3 leak from the day it became available on my Z30 and between friends and family we have a total of 8 Z30s and not one and I repeat not one of them have any of these issues.

Posted via CB10
    wifi low range ?
    eryvile likes this.
    03-03-15 04:19 PM
    I just got off the phone with support from Bell, they indicated that 10.3.1. has a large number of issues and the update was removed. He indicated that Blackberry is aware of the issues and he suggested waiting until they resolve the issues
    Smitty13 likes this.
    03-03-15 04:28 PM
    I believe, and understand, all the issues that some have with this OS update. There seems to be a lot issues these days over updates. Tech moving too fast maybe...trying to stay ahead of the comp maybe. BlackBerry is not the only one to have these problems...just visit some other sites...
    My update through Sasktel (ota) worked fine. I'm no expert but I seem to have solved the volume issue that I had, and I turned off the "run when minimized" feature on all apps where that is applicable. Well into my second week here and this OS performs better than 10.2.1 although I sort liked the look of the previous OS.
    Guess I got lucky?

Posted via CB10
    jellybeen and gemoelle like this.
    03-03-15 04:40 PM
    I believe, and understand, all the issues that some have with this OS update. There seems to be a lot issues these days over updates. Tech moving too fast maybe...trying to stay ahead of the comp maybe. BlackBerry is not the only one to have these problems...just visit some other sites...
    My update through Sasktel (ota) worked fine. I'm no expert but I seem to have solved the volume issue that I had, and I turned off the "run when minimized" feature on all apps where that is applicable. Well into my second week here and this OS performs better than 10.2.1 although I sort liked the look of the previous OS.
    Guess I got lucky?

Posted via CB10
    I totally agree. Tech world needs to slow down and focus on quality not just adding new features.

Posted on my now almost useless z30 that won't wake up
    03-03-15 04:42 PM
    Hard to do though....got to keep "ahead of the. Jones'"....
    Cheers,

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-03-15 04:46 PM
    I had the blue LED issue on my Z10-STL100-3. It would wipe on reboot.

I fixed it when BlackBerry released the fix.

Then installed the 10.3.1.2072 autoloader from the OS archives. Set everything up. Went back through my backups and selectively installed Ebay because it was pulled from BBW and Microsoft Office because Snap wouldn't do it. Google Play online said it wasn't compatible.

Then I did a backup, and downloaded the Debrick and radio from Rogers with BBDOWNLOADER for 10.3.1.2267. Then created my own autoloader, and did a restore.

I haven't had any other problems. Notifications are loud. I even ran the battery down on 2072 until the phone shut off.

I know it's frustrating to have a problem without a fix. Most of that could be dealt with if they had tech support. I think there is a real lack of documentation as well.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 04:55 PM

KB36766-BlackBerry 10 smartphone Screen appears blank or black and will not power on after software update

If anyone gets more info on this issue, from their carriers or whatnot, please post!

Even if a fix is sent out by Rogers (via BlackBerry), how the hell do you install it with a black screen?? (And not all users even use Link.)
    03-03-15 05:14 PM
    If anyone gets more info on this issue, from their carriers or whatnot, please post!

Even if a fix is sent out by Rogers (via BlackBerry), how the hell do you install it with a black screen?? (And not all users even use Link.)
    If u mess aground with hard reset and keep phone plugged in it will come back on again. Turn off phone and charge till green light. Turn on. Wait 5 min. Tap wake button then hard reset hold volume up and down together for 30 second. Keep it up and the screen will wake up but it only works when plugged in. Unplug and it will stay black.

CDM76, kbz1960 and nixysug like this.
    03-03-15 05:19 PM
    Maybe the long wait with VZW is not such a bad thing after all

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-03-15 05:27 PM
    Waking up this morning to a black screen'ed Z30 was not a fun start to my day. I passed out with an app opened and it drained the battery, I'm sure we all do it or have done it in the past. Plugged in my phone and it started waking up so I got ready for work and all these notifications started coming out. Went to swipe up with nothing... absolutely nothing. I can actually hear my keys being typed on my lock screen which is the weirdest thing. I can actually unlock the phone but it's pitch black. Left it charging all day and now I'm home to give some troubleshooting a try.

I am backing it up with Link as we speak but I have had no luck with BlackBerry Link in the past so needless to say, I'm hesitant to wipe my phone or even try restoring with Link. So if anyone can direct me a link to a better way to back up/restore my phone, that would be greatly appreciated.

I tried the hard reset (volume + - ) already but it was on a near dead battery so after this backup, I'm going to try some of the tips on this thread. I'll make sure to post any progress I make. Wish me luck.

Oh, and I called Rogers on my break today. It's a known issue with them too and they put my name on the list they have thus far. my dad has a Z30 on Rogers and he didn't upgrade yet, I urged him not to until this is fixed.
    03-03-15 06:13 PM
    @svjones. Good luck dude. I mean it. This is a total screw up for us that need our phones. Please keep us posted I will as well

svjones and kbz1960 like this.
    03-03-15 06:18 PM
    I guess this black screen problem occurs when one has let the battery discharge completely?
    Excuse my ignorance.
    Cheers

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-03-15 07:22 PM
    I guess this black screen problem occurs when one has let the battery discharge completely?
    Excuse my ignorance.
    Cheers

Posted via CB10
    Seems to be it but I have read a few posts on another site of it happening just from a restart. Not sure on that one though.

03-03-15 07:40 PM
    Mine died after the battery depleted, everything works except no visual screen (touch works with HDMI, requires skill). Rolled back to 10.2, didn't work. Now TELUS has pulled the 10.3.1 update for the Z30.
    03-03-15 07:46 PM
    Well, I'll have to watch for it. Thank you for the reply. Hope your problems get solved.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 07:47 PM
    Mine died after the battery depleted, everything works except no visual screen (touch works with HDMI, requires skill). Rolled back to 10.2, didn't work. Now TELUS has pulled the 10.3.1 update for the Z30.
    Am I to understand that restoring it didn't help?

Also, update on mine. Still back... Charging til it was full battery (green light while the phone is off) and doing a reset (volumes + -) did nothing... Tried multiple times. So no further than I was before.

Thankfully, Blend works so I can check my messages. Should try the HDMI cable.

Was going to restore the phone but if that doesn't help...
    03-03-15 08:28 PM
163 1234 ...