ditto, I had hope but believing in this company has been pathetic. There's only so much honor in rooting for the underdog when you start to realize the company sucks and is trying to suck the life out of you, rather than benefit you, in order to stay alive itself. Selling recycled hardware, piff. Maybe some people will say 'good idea seeing as how your company is broke' but others will say, why should I associate with a company like this? For all we know they have the least talented team of employees available, even some off brand start up android companies might have assembled better teams. I highly doubt Jon Chen couldn't get decent a job at apple, and if the top of Blackberry is only average, why put up with more mediocre offerings from the company? I feel like an ***** for having bought from this company at this point in time.
    12-17-14 12:58 PM
    ^^^
    Agreed. BlackBerry is still doing the same sh*t. Screwing over their loyal fan base for some short term instant gains. I have been in denial but now i fully understand why this company is in the position they are in. Honestly, with business practices like this, they deserve to fail.

Powered by Z10
    12-17-14 01:15 PM
    Wow February! Wtfff! I've been waiting since October sorry I was a blackberry lover and really was but this is the last straw. Going android next phone. Can't wait to have the real snapchat and real tinder.

Posted via CB10
    Kurt Fathul likes this.
    12-17-14 01:19 PM
    And for everyone saying to load the leak, I shouldn't need to, most of the general public wouldn't know how to and where to begin looking, on top of which, I bought a blackberry so I wouldn't have to load leaks and roms and all that crap!

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 01:22 PM
    Kind of disappointed as well - even if my Passport has 10.3, I've been looking forward to the new features of 10.3.1. But to the best of my knowledge, the release date was always just speculation. Only today during the Q&A did they provide February as an ETA.

Still, I'm happy with my Passport as-is, so I've no reason to switch phones. But I do understand the frustration of those who are still stuck with 10.2.1.
    12-17-14 01:47 PM
    DO NOT LOAD the leak on your passport! It's buggy trash that will burn through your battery and your camera will start to flash on your screen. Go to settings it your screen will flash as well, go to browser yup screen flashing. Don't make me hard reset a device in 2015 come on!! It's not ok blackberry no..im leaving back to iphone in May.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 02:09 PM
    Bless you're running is official. But since the passport is the only device with official 10.3, it only works on that

Posted via CB10
    It's also official on the P'9983

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 02:10 PM
    If that's true, then I am quite disappointed too. I would like to enjoy all the new features but with February as a release it's quite annoying not to be able to for a long time whereas passport and classic owners will be.

The loyal customers are the most important ones for a company. They're about to mess up with them.

Posted via CB10
    slegros likes this.
    12-17-14 02:13 PM
    DO NOT LOAD the leak on your passport! It's buggy trash that will burn through your battery and your camera will start to flash on your screen. Go to settings it your screen will flash as well, go to browser yup screen flashing. Don't make me hard reset a device in 2015 come on!! It's not ok blackberry no..im leaving back to iphone in May.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry never recommended you to install a leak... if you can't handle the problems that come with a leak why are you complaining to BlackBerry...
    12-17-14 02:14 PM
    I usually don't like if there are too many updates too frequently. My first update was to 10.2.1 from 10.0, I think in February of last year. I hope 10.3.1 is as nice an experience as that but I did anticipate it would be somewhat in line with the Classic launch. Was hoping for sooner than later.
    12-17-14 02:29 PM
    I'm not BlackBerry die hard fan but I can't believe what some of you guys are talking!? BlackBerry is one of rare companies today willing to support old hardware and to release software updates for it. Personally, I'm extremely surprised that they decided to release 10.3.1 for first gen BB10 devices, and to use their limited resources for this purposes instead focusing on new products. February is not that far, and if you want to feel taste of 10.3.1 install damn leak.
    12-17-14 03:13 PM
    I'm not BlackBerry die hard fan but I can't believe what some of you guys are talking!? BlackBerry is one of rare companies today willing to support old hardware and to release software updates for it. Personally, I'm extremely surprised that they decided to release 10.3.1 for first gen BB10 devices, and to use their limited resources for this purposes instead focusing on new products. February is not that far, and if you want to feel taste of 10.3.1 install damn leak.
    ^^^^^^
    What he said!
    All you moaners out there are lucky you don't have the misfortune of owning an LG. I made that mistake a couple of years ago and the only major update they released got my phone was a native Korean language version. No support, no correspondence, no care.
    If you owned an iPhone 4 and ran the iOS 7.1 update which is known to mess up wifi, bluetooth and generally make the phone run like a bag of turds, you're stuck with it. No downgrade path, no care.
    The grass is not greener on any side if any fence. You pays your money, you takes your choice!
    seacan2 and Pcmx like this.
    12-17-14 03:29 PM
    It seems very odd that people are complaining, literally hours after the release of the classic, despite it being fairly well known that the new OS would not be released at the same time. Especially in the Crackberry forums, where it is very well known. The existing OS is extremely good, and in my mind, superior to Apple IOS and the other alternatives. The update will arrive soon enough. Patience people.
    12-17-14 03:40 PM
    Millions of android users never ever see an update of any kind. Ios users get updates very quickly with mixed results- older phones lag ect. BlackBerry is in between the two and BlackBerry has never put a date to 10.3.1.xxxx release,just sometime after classic release. Classic has not even been released for 24 hours yet. Not so bad for BlackBerry I think

Posted via CB10
    seacan2 and bluetroll like this.
    12-17-14 05:20 PM
    Can someone tell me which leak will likely work best on my Z30? Thanks!

Z30 STA 100-2
    12-17-14 05:34 PM
    10.3.1 release date?-mockit_17122014164050.jpg

Z10 10.3.0.1052 via CB10
    Pcmx, bluetroll, mkelley65 and 1 others like this.
    12-17-14 05:41 PM
    While I agree with many in this thread comparing the BB10 update to iOS and Android, that its good to be getting updates that have been well tested, I do have one problem with BB�

When you are a market leader like Apple or Google, customers are somewhat willing to tolerate inconveniences like buggy updates, or no OS updates because they are on a market leading platform.

When you are in a position like BB, trying to stay alive as a company, and lure customers away from industry standard platforms, you need to do a better job of satisfying your customers than your competition - not as good as - to win that business.

While it can be argued that BB never indicated an official release date for 10.3.1 for older devices, they also never dispelled the leaks/rumours that first had the OS being released in November. As a result, they have created the situation we have here� An existing customer base that feels neglected and alienated for their loyalty to BB due to a rollout of 10.3.1 that is far later than was generally perceived. Not something BB can afford to do.

BB needs existing customers enthusiastically endorsing them, not making excuses for them.
    Last edited by slegros; 12-17-14 at 07:17 PM.
    12-17-14 07:02 PM
    I think the main problem here is the fact that only the passport got 10.3
    A lot of us (me included) wanted the new features that 10.3 brought with it - blend, the new look, hide pictures, etc etc.
    So when it was announced that 10.3 would only be for the passport, it was only the arrival of the classic and 10.3.1 for ALL devices close behind 10.3 that kept everyone quiet. Then it was pushed back from November to December. Still not a huge amount of grumbles. But then to potentially wait another 2 1/2 months for it? It's slightly annoying - (understatement of the year)
    Then again am I right in thinking this news of 10.3.1 being released for older devices in February has only come from N4BB? I don't consider them a reliable source tbh.
    We shall see.

Posted via CB10
    Kurt Fathul and Georgiegeorge like this.
    12-17-14 07:51 PM
    Then again am I right in thinking this news of 10.3.1 being released for older devices in February has only come from N4BB? I don't consider them a reliable source tbh.
    The date was given by BlackBerry during the Q&A after the Classic launch today.
    12-17-14 07:54 PM
    If it was released in December/January it would be buggy and people would complain.

Now it's confirmed for February (likely to sort out the remaining bugs) and people are still complaining.

Come on guys we can't have it all. Complainers go install the leak!

Posted via My Beast Q10
    12-17-14 11:43 PM
    Its rubbish

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 11:49 PM
    If it was released in December/January it would be buggy and people would complain.

Now it's confirmed for February (likely to sort out the remaining bugs) and people are still complaining.

Posted via My Beast Q10
    Are you saying that the update that would be released in February would have no bugs?

Release date has little to do with update debugging. I suspect that the update has been ready for several months now. The actual release date is just commercial expedience.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 12:39 AM

Posted via My Beast Q10
    Thats why BB should hold it back for ALL devices, until it is ready for ALL devices, and do ONE OS release.

BlackBerry needs its existing customers to be enthusiastically endorsing BB, not making excuses for corporate decisions. 10.3 was out with the Passport, 10.3.1 now out with the Classic. Advertising, and promoting new features like Blend that existing users will not receive until 6 months after their introduction, effectively alienates existing BB users by favouring new customers over the established customer base. Buy a new device, get lots of great new features!! Support us for years? We'll get around to you eventually….

A friend hears about Blend and wants to see it in action with my Z30? LOL!! Sorry, I can't. No official update for me. What does that say to anyone thinking of switching to BB?

New OS versions need to be simultaneously rolled out to ALL users…
    Last edited by slegros; 12-18-14 at 02:18 AM.
    12-18-14 01:58 AM
    The company also fails to understand that by having 10.2.1 on older devices, they are missing marketing opportunities from users who are showing others 10.2.1 instead of new features on 10.3.1

Slow to execute as always, sometimes it makes you think blackberry deserves the hate. They continue to alienate various stakeholders.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry just deserves the hate! Im am a die hard fan since Bold 9000, since i used the bold, i never looked back the same way again. And the company started getting my antipathy...

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 02:09 AM
    It's very understandable in business terms that they let it fly with Classic for a few weeks to temp some people over. It may also be that the new software needs some further work for other devices.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 03:34 AM
121 12345