You can't compare this to the PlayBook fiasco. At least 10.3.1 is an actual OS and is for real. It's even past the 1xxx stage in OS versions, so you can expect it to launch with the Classic, obviously. As to in house first gen BB10 devices? That's up to BlackBerry, but I don't see why they would need to delay the update process.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 02:47 AM
    I remember a Blackberry employee named Thorsten Heins who kept telling everyone about updates and changes coming to Playbook and BB cell phones. Consumers got tired of listening and decided to buy other brands. I am getting the feeling it is deja vu with the Classic and OS 10.3.1 upgrade.
    Sorry but have we every had a firm release date for 10.3.1.... I think most of us expected that maybe a release of the Classic in Nov, with 10.3.1 to follow. Those of us in the US, naturally don't expect 10.3.1 until maybe Jan/Feb, so until February I think they are still right on time.

Also there isn't much doubt about "legacy" devices getting 10.3.1.... now 10.4 could be a different matter.
    11-07-14 07:29 AM
    It's rather very interesting how the OP has twisted "in the coming months" to "not coming for a few months". SMH. My good guess is that OS 10.3.1 will be released when the Classic is launched this year.
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-07-14 08:15 AM
    In my experience, software development always has a tendency to be delivered later than expected. Scope creep and unrealistic deadlines are often the culprits. Most folks just don't realize how much time it takes to implement the smallest features, not to mention thorough testing once it's developed.

That being said, for me, Blackberry's lack of a commitment date is acceptable, but bugs and newly broken functionality is absolutely NOT. Let's hope that once 10.3.1 IS released that Blackberry has left the era of Playbook OS quality assurance management behind. Blackberry has GOT to stop giving the tech media something negative to talk about.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    11-07-14 08:19 AM
    Read the title and nearly flipped my work table.

Posted via CB10 on Blackberry Q5
    11-07-14 08:24 AM
    Read the title and nearly flipped my work table.

Posted via CB10 on Blackberry Q5
    It's not true and complete speculation. Everything we know so far is telling us it will release before 2015.

Posted via CB10
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    11-07-14 09:10 AM
    In my experience, software development always has a tendency to be delivered later than expected. Scope creep and unrealistic deadlines are often the culprits. Most folks just don't realize how much time it takes to implement the smallest features, not to mention thorough testing once it's developed.

That being said, for me, Blackberry's lack of a commitment date is acceptable, but bugs and newly broken functionality is absolutely NOT. Let's hope that once 10.3.1 IS released that Blackberry has left the era of Playbook OS quality assurance management behind. Blackberry has GOT to stop giving the tech media something negative to talk about.
    They have to stop giving users something to complain about! Solid and Stable is important... I really wish they would utilize the fanbase a little more and join up with CrackBerry for a realworld beta test.
    11-07-14 09:21 AM
    It's not true and complete speculation. Everything we know so far is telling us it will release before 2015.

Posted via CB10
    Depends really at this point whether they're going to add/fix functions
    The current 1016 OS is really stable imo. Only beef I have against it would be the android runtime, but that's w/e
    If they decide to leave certain functions to 10.4 (was supposed to be rebranded), I don't forsee 10.3.1 not releasing before the end of the year
    3 OSes have already hit the production servers
    Last edited by masterscarhead1; 11-07-14 at 09:36 AM. Reason: Terrible grammar
    11-07-14 09:34 AM
    Depends really at this point whether they're going to add/fix functions
    The current 1016 OS is really stable imo. Only beef I have against it would be the android runtime, but that's w/e
    If they decide to leave certain functions to 10.4 (was supposed to be rebranded), I don't forsee 10.3.1 not releasing before the end of the year
    3 OSes have already hit the production servers
    Was supposed to be rebranded, how?

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z30
    11-07-14 09:42 AM
    Already don't care...

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 09:42 AM
    Was supposed to be rebranded, how?

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z30
    Plan from a year ago suggested that it was going to be rebranded to a more appealing OS name.
    I think it's been tossed because I haven't heard more about it
    11-07-14 09:43 AM
    You have to also realize that 10.3.1 will likely be released over a period of time by different carriers around the world. In the US, it is guaranteed to be released last, so the generic statement is likely accurate for the US users. That's why I use leaks. I'm hoping though that 10.3.1 comes out officially on some of the more progressive carriers during the BES 12 event.
    11-07-14 10:52 AM
    Sorry, but if 10.3.1 was coming in December, they would have said '(sometime) next month.' "Few months" implies it's farther out than December. Another failure to deliver. I knew this would happen when they pushed the Classic back. Some things never change SMH.
    DJM626 likes this.
    11-07-14 12:14 PM
    10.1, 10.2, 10.2.1, 10.3 and potentially 10.3.1 in 2 years(since BB10).

Awesome.

Seriously guys it's not that bad.

Posted via CB10
    Vorkosigan, bungaboy and Banco like this.
    11-07-14 12:50 PM
    Sorry, but if 10.3.1 was coming in December, they would have said '(sometime) next month.' "Few months" implies it's farther out than December. Another failure to deliver. I knew this would happen when they pushed the Classic back. Some things never change SMH.
    In a month I'll come back and say I was wrong if it's true. All that I know and connections tell me that December is most likely.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 01:39 PM
    To be honest, BlackBerry Help on Twitter is as useless as their BlackBerry Support. No offense to anyone who works there.

Posted via CB10
    Truth.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 01:56 PM
    In a month I'll come back and say I was wrong if it's true. All that I know and connections tell me that December is most likely.
    I totally look forward to that correction and would gladly eat my words, but I don't think it's coming next month.
    11-07-14 03:05 PM
    I think I know what's killing BlackBerry. Being late in releasing updates and upgrades. 10.3 and Classic should have been out by now.

Posted via ZED TEN
    You think?
    11-07-14 06:04 PM

Posted via CB10
    "It's going to release for sure between now and December. "

Not to nit pick, but "December is most likely" (means HAS to be December) is not the same as between today and December (means HAS to be in November). They are not agreeing statements.
    11-07-14 08:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    Maybe it will be officially released by then, but that really doesn't matter as it is the carriers that hold it back. Being on Verizon, I will be looking for my next device by the time it is released. Won't give me much time, if any to enjoy it on my current Z10. Sure there are leaks of course, but what about for the people that don't want to spend time ******* around running leaks no matter how stable they are?
    11-09-14 11:45 AM
    10.1, 10.2, 10.2.1, 10.3 and potentially 10.3.1 in 2 years(since BB10).

Awesome.

Seriously guys it's not that bad.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. The updates have been frequent and significant. People are moaning about a few weeks here and there and basing it around the update timetable for other platforms. Crazy.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 11:51 AM
    Maybe it will be officially released by then, but that really doesn't matter as it is the carriers that hold it back. Being on Verizon, I will be looking for my next device by the time it is released. Won't give me much time, if any to enjoy it on my current Z10. Sure there are leaks of course, but what about for the people that don't want to spend time ******* around running leaks no matter how stable they are?
    I'm excluding US carriers for obvious reasons lol.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 11:53 AM
    Do you people realize that BlackBerry said multiple times that 10.3.1 will be out before year end? If this doesn't happen then it's not something to just pass like nothing happened, we are sick of waiting and tired of excuses!!!

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 12:29 PM
    Do you people realize that BlackBerry said multiple times that 10.3.1 will be out before year end? If this doesn't happen then it's not something to just pass like nothing happened, we are sick of waiting and tired of excuses!!!

Posted via CB10
    That's two months away yet. So basically it's not even late and you're complaining about what?

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 12:31 PM
    Exactly. The updates have been frequent and significant. People are moaning about a few weeks here and there and basing it around the update timetable for other platforms. Crazy.

Posted via CB10
    Really? BB10 is a new OS and needs more updates than other platforms, we need 10.3.1 before year end.

I cannot take it anymore with 10.2.1, the bugs are horrible! I can't use the camera for god's sake! My phone shuts at 10-20% and a lot of other bugs and I have been going with this for a freakin year now, well almost.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 12:35 PM
66 123