Thanks gyus for sugestions!

I tried almost everything you advised me:
    • oobe://, complete setup, reboot
    • sideload Core OS - not possible, older Sachesis are crashing, v 2 says that initial setup was not completed
    • uninstall Link, inculuding all drivers from W8.1 machine
    • install the newest Link version

Seem for me that there' re last two options - wipe or autoloader. That's not much good perspective though...
    Yeah I think the only way to fix it is an autoloader, the problem for me is you can back up before the autoloader.....
    So I'm planning on waiting until 10.3.1 officially releases and when I update OTA then I'll hopefully be able to use my device again.

Can I just ask, whenever you reboot your device to you get a notification saying that you need to complete your device setup?
    I get it on every reboot.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 12:52 AM
    I found out several issues but in the end I solved this stupid issue.

I had problem with autoloader recognizing the device so I had to install virtual W8 and try it there...
    Firstly, I tried 10.3.1 autoloader and result was same... So I donwloaded some 10.2.1 autoloader, set up device, connected to Link - this worked. Then I run 10.3.1 autoloader and seems like everything works fine *crossed fingers*
    11-07-14 03:01 AM
    I found out several issues but in the end I solved this stupid issue.

I had problem with autoloader recognizing the device so I had to install virtual W8 and try it there...
    Firstly, I tried 10.3.1 autoloader and result was same... So I donwloaded some 10.2.1 autoloader, set up device, connected to Link - this worked. Then I run 10.3.1 autoloader and seems like everything works fine *crossed fingers*
    Yeah that shouldn't be a problem.
    I just don't want to get my device wiped....

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 05:05 AM
    Tried several times. Not working for me :/

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Yeah that shouldn't be a problem.
    I just don't want to get my device wiped....

Posted via CB10
    try on my couple times... can trigger the the setup by pull out the battery several times or plug it computer USB with battery pull out combination (without oobe://). but once you run the oobe:// on browser and complete all the setup (and still not recognize by Link) none of above method will work before conduct the security wipe...

at least that's the conclusion i got after try it several times (autoloader) on my Z10 using 10.3.1.938 and 10.3.1.1010 and 10.3.1.1016
    11-07-14 06:16 AM
    Windows 7 64-bit, Blackberry Z10 STL-100
    After installing Software Release 10.3.1.652 OS version 10.3.1.1016 using Auto loader i get the error Setup Not completed when i try to connect with Link so that i can restore a backup.

1. After reading this post i started by using the browser to access oobe:// to initiate the setup process which says it is complete after going through all the steps it suggested. Still i get the setup not complete message in Link.

2. as suggested in this post i completely removed Link and Device manager. restarted my windows 7 computer and downloaded the latest version of blend that includes link and driver from the blackberry website as of Friday Nov 7th. once again i went to oobe:// in the browser to initiate setup. went through the entire process only to get the same setup not complete message in blackberry link.

3. i secure wiped my device. after completion i removed the battery and let it sit for 15 minutes. when it rebooted i once again went through the setup process via the browser only to get the same message when connected to LINK.

4. i never had this problem with 10.3.1.821 and eventually had to go back to it because i need the ability to backup and restore to my Z10 stl-100.

As someone mentioned above i feel this setup process might be useful to some people but should not be configured by default in every OS 10 device in such a way that LINK cannot be used without completing the setup process. I think it will deter/discourage/frustrate users especially those jumping from OS6 OS7 devices and as much as i know most of you here are early adopters the majority of blackberry users are not especially the corporate customers that are the majority users of Blackberry devices who are probably transitioning from devices like the BOLD 9900.

Lastly Blackberry should STOP delaying the official release of OS 10.3.1 for Z10, Z30, Q10, Q5 this should have come out at the same time as the Passport. After all its a slap in the face for existing die hard users to be left behind especially when the OS difference is not that significant. It is my understanding the OS 10.3.1 release date for non passport devices was early November and now they are stalling again saying they will release it with the CLASSIC in December. STOP MAKING US WAIT BLACKBERRY!

A working solution for this "device setup not completed" issue would be greatly appreciated.
    11-07-14 06:47 AM
    had that same problem. after months of dealing with it, i went to the browser, opened the initial setup (//obe) and removed the battery.i kept the initial setup app open before removing it. after inserting the battery back, the phone turned on and directly prompted the initial setup. continued where i left off inside the setup and never had a problem after that
    01-11-15 12:11 PM
31 12