Hi,

I am running 10.3.1 few weeks without any issues and Link worked fine until today...

When I connect device to PC I get error "device setup not completed" (not sure if it`s correct translation).
    Sachesi 2 returns pretty much same error.

I googled and found out that setup can opened by opening oobe:// in browser. So I did intial setup again but issues are still there.
    I also tried update Link to latest version, uninstall, reboot etc...

Is there any other solution that wipe or autoloader?
    11-06-14 12:43 PM
    First I would say READ through the OS 10.3.1.1016 thread. You should find an answer to you problem.

I would check a few settings on your device.

Check -
    System settings/ Storage & Access/ Access using USB. Confirm that you DO Not have these checked/ turned on.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 01:01 PM
    Been trying to help someone with the same exact issue. I'm afraid you have tried a lot of what we would suggest. New drivers? Complete setup on the phone by doing the tutorials. Install Blend. Install new drivers. I have no idea what else to try.
    11-06-14 01:02 PM
    In your device go to the browser and type oobe:// and finish the device setup, you should be good to go from there
    11-06-14 01:17 PM
    Is your SD card recognized by your computer?

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 01:19 PM
    Download new Blend v1.0.1 , date: 04.Nov.2014
    Install Blend and Link, restart both applications
    11-06-14 01:20 PM
    First I would say READ through the OS 10.3.1.1016 thread. You should find an answer to you problem.

I would check a few settings on your device.

Check -
    System settings/ Storage & Access/ Access using USB. Confirm that you DO Not have these checked/ turned on.

Posted via CB10
    Nothing is turned on here...

Been trying to help someone with the same exact issue. I'm afraid you have tried a lot of what we would suggest. New drivers? Complete setup on the phone by doing the tutorials. Install Blend. Install new drivers. I have no idea what else to try.
    I installed the newest Link and Blend (release date 4.11.2014) from BB site - still same issues.

In your device go to the browser and type oobe:// and finish the device setup, you should be good to go from there
    Tried several times and seemed like setup was finished correctly + several reboots, still same :-(

Is your SD card recognized by your computer?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, Mass storage works fine on Windows and Mac.

Download new Blend v1.0.1 , date: 04.Nov.2014
    Install Blend and Link, restart both applications
    Answered above, still same.

+ When I connect my phone via USB to Mac I get same message plus popup with "Unxpected error".
    11-06-14 01:29 PM
    What about -
    Settings/Device Connections?

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 01:33 PM
    Enable connections and mobile network connections are on (again sorry for incorrect translations).

Paired computers are listed correctly.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-06-14 01:38 PM
    What OS are you on -
    10.3.1.????

How long ago did you install the update?
    Just want to confirm this is not something that started right after the update and that you were able to connect recently after the update was applied.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 01:42 PM
    Enable connections and mobile network connections are on (again sorry for incorrect translations).

Paired computers are listed correctly.

Not the "Network Connections"
    But
    "Allow Connections" is selected, correct?

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 01:44 PM
    Yes, allow connections is right.

I am on 10.3.1 for about month or maybe more. Strange thing is that everything worked fine until today and I didn't install anything new on PCs nor phone.

11-06-14 01:52 PM
    OP: As JD said above, this is a known issue for some users and not for others. It sounds like you were doing everything correctly (before all the suggestions) and that it should work but doesn't. In this case, you may want to consider reloading at least the "Core OS" for your build and see if that helps. This can and should be done using Sachesi and side-loading it to your phone. From the download folder you can just drag over to Sachesi on the install page, the Core OS file (file with most mbs, so it's easy to find) and that should help. Sometimes when we do downloads with autoloaders or Sachesi in a non-destruct mode, a file will not transfer over correctly and become corrupted. A reload of the core OS usually is a quick fix. I've used it a lot when trying to fix odd issues (like yours) and 80% of the time it works. Give it a shot and report back.
    If it doesn't fix the problem, I'd consider reloading the OS with the "Autoloader" as it will wipe your phone prior to loading it, and then DO NOT restore your settings or apps. Do that from scratch and it should run smoothly. Good luck and keep us posted.
    11-06-14 02:08 PM
    If I were to upgrade my OS to 1016 using Autoloader, should I first remove my at&t SIM card from my VZW Z30? Please advise. Thanks.

Posted via CB10 | VZW Z30 on at&t LTE
    11-06-14 02:12 PM
    I had almost the same problem. I fix my issue by uninstalling all my USB drivers (Windows 7). reboot the pc, wait for windows to reinstall the drivers, start LINK, plug my phone, wait for it to be detected by windows which install the drivers for the phone and that was it. I have no more problems readying my phone on my pc using LINK
    anand_ma likes this.
    11-06-14 02:15 PM
    If I were to upgrade my OS to 1016 using Autoloader, should I first remove my at&t SIM card from my VZW Z30? Please advise. Thanks.

Posted via CB10 | VZW Z30 on at&t LTE
    Personal choice but not necessary. You might want to take out your SD card if you use one, just to be on the safe side. I have never removed my sim card in literally what seems like 100's of upgrades on my phones. I have taken out my SD card due to not wanting to take a chance on some weird thing wiping my music or photos.
    Avenzuno likes this.
    11-06-14 02:35 PM
    I had almost the same problem. I fix my issue by uninstalling all my USB drivers (Windows 7). reboot the pc, wait for windows to reinstall the drivers, start LINK, plug my phone, wait for it to be detected by windows which install the drivers for the phone and that was it. I have no more problems readying my phone on my pc using LINK
    I have had link or just being plugged in, pop up a msg stating that I needed to reload my drivers. I finally did and it hasn't come up again. It has to do with the connection when loading the drives on the phone to the PC (so the PC sees them). One time I just kept clicking on "retry" and finally it popped up showing both my hard drive in my Q10 and the SD card. Both will show on the PC as external drives.
    11-06-14 02:38 PM
    oobe: / device browser type / OK to confirm the setup screen will appear
    11-06-14 02:59 PM
    oobe: / device browser type / OK to confirm the setup screen will appear
    Tried several times. Not working for me :/

11-06-14 03:21 PM
    OP, and to every BB10 device owner ... the setup is bar FAR THE MOST DAMN annoying thing to occur in BB10. All other mobile OS systems have either abolished it or have a quick and very basic setup that once completes doesn't prevent you from syncing or using the system any further.

But with BB10 OooHHhhhh Noooooo.

"device setup not completed"
    - Are you connected to a mobile network (did you skip this during setup?!)
    - Are you connected to a WiFi network (did you skip this during setup as well)?!
    These two or either or are critical.

Next off ... Do the following and look for any system prompts to action.
    Swipe through ALL your app homescreens, to the Hub inclusively x4 you should then see a prompt of a yellow finger touch pattern show up.
    Swipe from top to go into settings.
    Swipe from bottom to minimize an application (launch and minimize if you have to).

That all ... SHOULD complete the extras in the BB10 Setup guide.

I swear THIS ALONE would stop users from migrating to BB10 ... it's a damn restriction and someting NO EXISTING BB10 user should have to go through when upgrading or downgrading to a new/older device.
    11-06-14 04:37 PM
    if you did the oobe:// already but still got not completed notification from Link then you need to do
    - security wipe
    - dont turn on the your BB10
    - pull out and reinsert battery

got the setup problem when I autoload 10.3.1.938, 10.3.1.1010 and 10.3.1.1016 and fixed the problem with above step. hope its work for you too
    11-06-14 08:42 PM

oobe://

I ended up wiping my Z10 anyway, think that was a better move from a non-destructive update on order to refresh a few things and start from scratch

-- Z30STA100-6/10.3.1.1016. --
    11-07-14 12:01 AM
    Seems when I used to have this issue on my Z10 it was because I had not signed in with my BlackBerry ID.

I'd do that. Then open blackberry app world. Also open BBM. Make sure all those things initialize.
    11-07-14 12:33 AM
    Thanks gyus for sugestions!

I tried almost everything you advised me:
    • oobe://, complete setup, reboot
    • sideload Core OS - not possible, older Sachesis are crashing, v 2 says that initial setup was not completed
    • uninstall Link, inculuding all drivers from W8.1 machine
    • install the newest Link version

Seem for me that there' re last two options - wipe or autoloader. That's not much good perspective though...
    11-07-14 12:43 AM
    Did you even read the post...?
    This happened to me to, the device setup on 10.3 and up is corrupted and when you complete it your device doesn't think you completed it.
    When you swipe ip to exit an app it will say try again or continue because it thinks you did it wrong for some reason.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 12:49 AM
31 12