Oh come on, just because you're not facing issues you are not ready to agree? That's really fine. But I guess, you are the only one and a few others I haven't paid attention are not having problems otherwise everyone has reported of issues with 10.3.1, now you sure have eyes, why don't you read the whole thread, from the beginning?

Posted via CB10
    Lol everyone else has reported issues? Now I can safely say: speak for yourself.

Posted via the CB10 App on my Z10
    05-10-15 09:11 AM
    Yeah... OP is right... we agree now close the goddamn post

Posted via CB10
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    05-10-15 10:18 AM
    Oh, come on! You know people aren't going to do clean installs to solve problems. They'll keep repeating the same exact steps of installing broken settings and cry on forums.
    Lol. All we can do is point the way.

Z30 / STA100-5 /10.3.1.1784 (no more double-typing Q10).
    extisis likes this.
    05-10-15 11:02 AM
    Had to be OSX Yosemite

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 11:16 AM
    05-10-15 05:46 PM
    What is happening with BlackBerry??

Posted via CB10
    They are moving forward.

05-10-15 05:59 PM
    On both the Q10 and Z30, I found doing a clean install from BlackBerry Link - and not doing a restore afterwards - resolved those issues.

Hey would you have a link to a guide on how to this? I don't need to but it would be handy for future reference

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 06:27 PM
    I just can't understand all the supposed/reported problems...10.3.1.2708 is Flawless on my Passport, as well as on my wife's Classic. I am a moderate to heavy user, work, mail, calendar, text, BBM, lots of web searches, bit of GPS usage, photos and PDF documents make and send, as well as BlackBerry Blend when in the office. Only 2 Android games loaded as trials but they work great too. I can't say enough about how perfect it is and how smooth and fast everything is compared to many of my associates non BlackBerry phones. My wife is a light user, but if something doesn't work for her trust me I will hear about it, and she has been perfectly happy too.
    If you have a problem please tell us exactly what the problem is...and remember, every OS is a compromise...sometimes the user has to adapt a little.

Posted via CB10
    And you should understand the problem because? Because you have two devices that both came preloaded with 10.3.X OS? While we, the ones who suffer from os 10.3.1 are the ones who actually updated from 10.2.1.

Posted via CB10 on Z30STA100-2/10.3.1.2582
    05-10-15 06:53 PM
    You lost a customer just because you used 10.3.1?

I lost a customer because the Calendar sync between the Q10 and my computer only transfers one way (from the computer to the phone), while at the same time both deleting the original entry on the computer and reassigning the task to a different Calendar on the phone.
    At the time I didn't see the bug and my office didn't know to schedule someone for the job, because the iCal on the computer didn't have a copy of it.
    And that was just one of the many problems we had with 10.3.1.
    I have too big of an investment in these phones to dump them after less than 2 years and move onto smartphone platform that's drama free and an asset. So we went back to 10.2.1.
    I had high hopes for 10.3.1; that BlackBerry would have fixed the short comings / deficits that we've put up with since moving from BlackBerry Bold 9900s to OS10 phones.
    Instead they didn't seem to fix anything and instead we got a hodge-podge of changes that are poorly executed in design.

Posted via Q10 CB10
    Last edited by Velocitymj; 05-10-15 at 07:18 PM.
    05-10-15 07:02 PM
    Hey would you have a link to a guide on how to this? I don't need to but it would be handy for future reference

Posted via CB10
    Good call. I'm not sure to be honest. I would there must be one or two on Crackberry.

05-10-15 07:03 PM
    Posted via Q10 CB10
    05-10-15 07:17 PM
    It's a sound piece of advice. Been sound since BBOS days when this was a solution to many problems. and i would say BBRY got it right with 10.3.1 on my Z10 . Not experiencing anything you are. What phone are you using? could be your phone.
    I'm using a Passport. I never had any of those issues prior to the latest update.

What's your device and exact OS version? How have you been installing the OS? Where's the thread of you asking for help, if that's quicker than explaining again.
    Passport: 10.3.1.2576

My last install was a clean install with no restore. I didn't really ask for help directly because like mentioned above, I don't want to wipe my device to get it function properly, especially when it's most likely a temporary solution.

Here is a thread to what I'm talking about and it's quite clear I'm not the only one facing those same exact lockups:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post11624467
    05-10-15 11:49 PM

My last install was a clean install with no restore. I didn't really ask for help directly because like mentioned above, I don't want to wipe my device to get it function properly, especially when it's most likely a temporary solution.

Here is a thread to what I'm talking about and it's quite clear I'm not the only one facing those same exact lockups:

The thread is a mess because pretty much everyone in the thread isn't reporting their device, OS version, etc.

Post #10 is someone who is running 10.3.1.2744 and he says his Passport is running fine with it. Have you tried that version? It's later than the one you're using.
    05-11-15 12:58 AM

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 02:51 AM
    I lost a customer because the Calendar sync between the Q10 and my computer only transfers one way (from the computer to the phone), while at the same time both deleting the original entry on the computer and reassigning the task to a different Calendar on the phone.
    At the time I didn't see the bug and my office didn't know to schedule someone for the job, because the iCal on the computer didn't have a copy of it.
    And that was just one of the many problems we had with 10.3.1.
    I have too big of an investment in these phones to dump them after less than 2 years and move onto smartphone platform that's drama free and an asset. So we went back to 10.2.1.
    I had high hopes for 10.3.1; that BlackBerry would have fixed the short comings / deficits that we've put up with since moving from BlackBerry Bold 9900s to OS10 phones.
    Instead they didn't seem to fix anything and instead we got a hodge-podge of changes that are poorly executed in design.

Posted via Q10 CB10
    Hmm.. can't help but to think that's partly human error. And partly relying too much on a device. I understand where you're coming from but blaming it all on an OS shows lack of accountability.

05-11-15 08:40 AM
    I'm using a Passport. I never had any of those issues prior to the latest update.

Then it is probably your phone.

05-11-15 08:41 AM
    The thread is a mess because pretty much everyone in the thread isn't reporting their device, OS version, etc.

Post #10 is someone who is running 10.3.1.2744 and he says his Passport is running fine with it. Have you tried that version? It's later than the one you're using.
    But does it really matter which device they're using when multiple users are reporting the same exact lockups I speak of? If anything this strengthens the argument that the issue lies within 10.3.1 and is not device specific? I don't know as nothing is certain and I've been frequenting these forums for a while but this is the first time I notice a big fuss about lag and lockups to this extent.

I haven't tried that version you mention because it hasn't popped up on my OS update. I guess I will have to load it and see what happens.

Posted via CB10
    Velocitymj likes this.
    05-11-15 10:21 AM
    Always had solid updates from BlackBerry especially back in the day on my Bold 9000. I must be loyal because10.3.1.2582 on my Z30-5 has been a disaster almost unusable with freezing, slow OS and yes the Calendar. What was your worst update and device?

Posted with Z30
    Bought a Q5 in September 2013 it came with OS 10.1
    Since then, I've been sticking to Official updates and I have never had a single issue with anything. Never had low battery performance or camera not working ect.

So just want to assure you that most of the time updates are great but occasionally there will be cases where you get delt a bad hand.

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2576
    05-11-15 12:52 PM
    Hmm.. can't help but to think that's partly human error. And partly relying too much on a device. I understand where you're coming from but blaming it all on an OS shows lack of accountability.

How can it be human error, when it's an issue of reliability that doesn't exist with 10.2.1?
    I'm back on 10.2.1 and don't have that problem anymore.
    And I don't have to manually enter data from the phone to the computer to avoid that problem.
    Yes it's human error if you're aware of the issue and forget that there is a problem with the phone OS. But who wants to own a phone or use an OS that is problematic and unreliable?
    Which is the topic of this thread.
    Instead of being an asset, 10.3.1 turned my phone into a liability that had to be watched because it doesn't do what it's designed to do.

Posted via Q10 CB10
    05-11-15 02:50 PM
    How can it be human error, when it's an issue of reliability that doesn't exist with 10.2.1?
    I'm back on 10.2.1 and don't have that problem anymore.
    And I don't have to manually enter data from the phone to the computer to avoid that problem.
    Yes it's human error if you're aware of the issue and forget that there is a problem with the phone OS. But who wants to own a phone or use an OS that is problematic and unreliable?
    Which is the topic of this thread.
    Instead of being an asset, 10.3.1 turned my phone into a liability that had to be watched because it doesn't do what it's designed to do.

Posted via Q10 CB10
    Perhaps you had some high expectations

05-11-15 02:59 PM
    I would gladly forego some of the added features for and OS that wasn't laggy and slow as hell. I'm hating my Z30 these days.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 03:13 PM
    What in the heck is up with this update? I'm on a Q10, and having serious issues. Lots of freezes (multiple reinstall of OS to rule out a bad download). But worse, I can't access my DropBox or some folders in my OneDrive cloud. This has broken my phone, if there's not a fix soon, I'm going to have to get a non BB10 phone because this is broken. Ugh

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 03:28 PM
    Yeah... OP is right... we agree now close the goddamn post

Posted via CB10

05-11-15 04:23 PM
    What in the heck is up with this update? I'm on a Q10, and having serious issues. Lots of freezes (multiple reinstall of OS to rule out a bad download). But worse, I can't access my DropBox or some folders in my OneDrive cloud. This has broken my phone, if there's not a fix soon, I'm going to have to get a non BB10 phone because this is broken. Ugh

Posted via CB10
    I had that with the original drop of 10.3.1, but the incremental update fixed those issues for me. Which model Q10 do you have?

You may wish to refer to this thread for more info.
    05-11-15 04:52 PM
    I had that with the original drop of 10.3.1, but the incremental update fixed those issues for me. Which model Q10 do you have?

You may wish to refer to this thread for more info.
    I'm running an unlocked GSM Q10, sqn-100-1, on att. Latest update.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 11:15 PM
105 ... 2345