Hi all,

Since upgrading to 10.3.1 on my Q10, I have not been able to get the main contacts folder from my exchange/outlook account to sync with my device. The one sub-folder I have under contacts, however, syncs to the Q10, as well as the 'recommended contacts' folder. Even messing around with the account settings and dis-/enabling the main contacts folder to sync hasn't helped so far. Moreover, I noticed that after a restart of the device, the settings were reverted to 'sync all contact folders', but still the main contacts don't get displayed on my device...

This is quite annoying, especially in a business environment.

Any one of you experienced similar problems or can help to fix the issue?

Thanks!

Trespasser22‎

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 07:53 AM
    Hi!

I have been trying to fix this for two days now.

It actually happend to me during my business trip and my Z30 was the only way of communication. The phone just lost all contacts from the main folder and (what is even worse) the PIM service practically ate the whole battery in 30 minutes because this sync problem.

So I ended up with no contacts and no phone whatsoever.

This is ridiculous. I'm loving my Z30 and 10.3.1 but this just messes with my work! It's supposed to be a business phone...

Anyways my findings are exactly the same as yours. The main folder stops synching (but the suggested (recommended) folder syncs ok. I also have a linked in folder created by outlook and it syncs ok as well).

After restart (and sometimes even without one!!!) the folder sync settings revert back to "sync all" state but it does not work as intended and the main folder is not synced at all. During these processes the PIM service just destroys the battery (so watch out).

I have just made a clean install of the 10.3.1 from BlackBerry Link and did not restore any settings. The problem still persists.

Does anyone know anything about fixing this rubbish bug?

EDIT: the problem seems to be connected to exchange online service (possibly exchange active sync accounts). I can temporary fix it by disabling the contact sync in accounts settings and then switch it back on (just did after restart and the phone synced all folders - will see how long it lasts).

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 07:36 PM
    Hi everyone,
    I can confirm this severe problem on my Z10, too. It is (better: was) existing until this afternoon since doing the Update to V 10.3 on Saturday. Moreover, all contacts had been scrambled suddenly, with wrong titles and duplicate entries. I had decided to delete all local contacts then to avoid a back-sync into my Exchange account.
    After several times of switching the "sync contacts" option in the settings on and off etc., ONLY TODAY contacts seem to come back.
    Despite of having one day of travel meanwhile (without any contacts on the phone), it seems nothing has changed nor have I changed something.
    Contacts are still loading and still far from being complete.
    Will revert if this fails. Unfortunately I cannot contribute to a general solution as of yet.
    02-23-15 09:45 AM
    Thank you for your input.

My contacts seem to have stabilized since yesterday although I am pretty sure it is because I haven't touched the settings in that matter. Yesterday it lost sync with the main folder again so I disabled contacts sync in exchange account settings and restarted the phone. Then I just switched the sync main option back on (not going into the submenu letting you chose the particular folders screen) and it synced all my contacts yesterday in the evening and it holds up until now.

The upside? I can actually call people.

The downside - I still have *all* exchange folders synced, including the suggested (recommended?) outlook folder which is just basically junk.

I cannot tell you why yesterday's reseting and switching the option worked. I am pretty sure that it has to do something with not choosing the particular folders. Turning this option messes things up badly.

We need a fix for this. It was advertised as one of the new options of 10.3.1 but it seems it is just a new bug!

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 11:00 AM
    Hi all,

Just a quick update from my side. I performed a wipe of the exchange account, then restarted the device and re-activated the company account with a new activation code late Sunday night (CET). I left the device to sync during the night, with all folders syncing as normal.
    Since everything looked OK, I even tried to deactivate the 'suggested contacts' this morning. For some reason, this has worked as expected and my device has since been working normal, i.e. main contacts folder as well as one sub-folder in sync.

I don't really know why, but re-activation seemed to have done the trick for me.

Bye,

Trespasser22

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR and jackright like this.
    02-23-15 12:03 PM
    Thanks.

I cannot do that as I am an exchange online user, not BES user.

At this point a am actually afraid to change anything in the setting I'm worried I will mess this up again...

Posted via CB10
    jackright likes this.
    02-23-15 01:31 PM
    Agree on your conclusion, kad6. The solution seems to be somewhere in the sub-folders of the contacts sync menu; now I haven't played around with those "suggested contacts" either. Well, I don't dare to touch it for the time being... At least, all contacts have returned (I was close to performing a wipe like trespasser22).
    In addition: as opposed to kad6 my phone is connected to an Exchange server, located in our firm (without BES installed, actually). So, a rather classic setup.
    Fingers crossed that this case is closed, guys (although there is/was clearly a bug to be handled, in my opinion).
    Cheers, jackright
    02-23-15 01:50 PM
    Exactly

Not touching it until BlackBerry recognizes this as a bug and fixes it!

Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 02:07 PM
    Hi Folks,

This is definitely a bug! I had to restart the device yesterday (Hub hung completely after a remote search) and: the trouble returned! Main contacts didn't sync, but suggested and sub-folder did.
    However, this time I was able to fix it (at least until the next restart) by deactivating the contacts sync option completely for that account. Once all contacts had been removed from the device, I went back to the settings menu/contacts and only selected the main and sub-folder to sync. As said, this worked for me this time, but I don't feel like having to do this after each and every restart.

Does anyone know, if BlackBerry reads through this forum, or whom to contact to report on the apparent bug?

Bye,
    Trespasser22

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 02:26 AM
    I am still not touching anything in settings and my contacts seem ok. They sync fine. So no change in my case.

Although I do have my suggested contacts folder synced which annoys me VERY much.

I do really hope that someone reads through these forums from time to time...

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 08:47 AM
    OMG having the exact same issue. I just created a new thread mentioning this. Repeatedly disabling and re-enabling Contacts a BUNCH of times eventually works, but if my device soft resets for any reason (dead battery for example, or the random Q10 reboot issue), all of my Contacts disappear again.

A couple of other things I've noticed:

1) If I click "Edit Contact Folder Settings" button in Account Settings, it shows Contacts, LinkedIn AND "LinkedIn 2". I don't even have LinkedIn installed! So why is it showing two LinkedIn folders?

2) If I turn OFF the toggle switch to "Sync All Contact Folders" then click save, it does NOT save my settings (usually if something saves successfully, the devices seems to think for a few seconds, which doesn't happen). As soon as I go back to manually edit the Contact folders, the toggle switch is reverted back to "Sync All Contact Folders".

Really frustrated by this..
    03-02-15 04:29 PM
    Hi all,

Just so this doesn't fall behind too far: It looks like the issues still exist even after upgrading to 10.3.1.1776 on my Q10.

The really frustrating part is that once the device needs to be restarted and/or shuts down by itself (low battery, etc), I have to go through the procedure again: turn off contact syncing completely, wait till all contacts are gone (up to an hour) and then turn syncing back on for the desired folders only. Then I have to wait once more (up to several hours), till all contacts are back on the device...

Posted via CB10
    03-27-15 03:07 PM
    Yes, still here.

I have tried after the last update was pushed but it ended badly. Only got me frustrated.

It's a pitty really. It was supposed to be a business phone...

Apple is horrible but at least they don't mess up in these areas.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 08:22 AM
    I have exactly the same problem. Just got the nw Classic running 10.3.1.1779 and they still haven't fixed the bug. Whats the point of having the ability of selecting the folder, if it just messes everything up ? I stay with BB because its supposed to be "All Business" but if it just messes up your contacts, or worse deletes them all, whats the point?.
    At least my old Torch was reliable.
    06-20-15 03:03 PM
    Anyone with 10.3.2 experiences this? Is it fixed?

Posted via CB10
    06-23-15 08:10 AM
    Just upgraded to 10.3.2 on my T-Mobile Classic and...NO. The problem has returned again
    06-24-15 10:32 PM

Ridiculous

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    06-25-15 10:28 AM