I'm far from being the only one who finds the Contacts app defficient in many many ways...So I was very eager to see how it behaves in 10.3.1

The good (so far):
    - when calling somebody I now see the number and number type (work, mobile etc) beside the name
    - I also see that the bug in my call log to not show the name but just the number dialled appears to be gone (this happened randomly but regulalrly)
    - search box now is empty when I return or reopen the app instead of keeping my last search in it (finally!)

The bad:
    I still miss the ability to see the company name when receiving a call. I have even switched for some of my contacts to adding the company name in the surname field...

Also the app search function still refuses to work sometimes...It's random - I open Contacts and start typing a name and no results show below even if i've already typed the full name...

And btw what is 'additional contact information'? I see it randomly for some contacts and can't click on it or unlink it?...

10.3.1 and changes in the Contacts app-sketch_untitled_29.jpg

So what are your finds in the 10.3.1 Contacts app and still existing gripes?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2243
    02-25-15 01:19 AM
    Hi,
    I never had the bugs you're referring to but good point if they are solved now
    For the bad things, I don't experiment them. I can see the company name when receiving or making call, searching a contact always spot them and I've never seen the "additional contact information".

Where is stocked your contact list ?
    02-25-15 02:10 AM
    I sync my contacts with outlook.com account.
    I've had quite a tough time with contacts switching devices fom my Q10 to the Passport...I did the switch via Link and the result was a total mess - Contacts was randomly linking entries that happened to have same surname, first name and surname were shown in the first name field with surname cut at the end, some contacts just when missing. I have about 900 contacts so painstakingly went through all of them to manually fix things...

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 02:44 PM
    I've had to learn to live with a lot of the little issues the contacts app has. Or just find ways around them.

My big complaint related to contacts in10.3.1 is the HUGE amount of space the contact photo takes up. Not only does it take up half the screen height of my Z10, but it's stationary. All the contact info below it scrolls under the photo. Between the top half being primarily the default dark silhouette image (because I just don't keep photos of my contacts), and the bottom having the action bar with the big ol' "Edit" button protruding into the info area, there's not a lot of space left to see actual contact information.

It used to be that the photo would scroll up with the swipe to see the info. Not anymore.

There should be an option to show nothing if you don't have a photo saved with a contact. In my case, out of almost 300 contacts, only 10 have photos saved with them - and that's because the old BBOS 6 pulled them from Facebook years ago and synced them to my local outlook contacts. They are low resolution, and look bad, but I haven't cleared them out yet.

I personally find the photos less than useless, but they sure look nice in those marketing images with professionally photographed models.

How does a contact page look on the square screens of the Q, Passport and Classic?

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 03:36 PM
    I've had to learn to live with a lot of the little issues the contacts app has. Or just find ways around them.

My big complaint related to contacts in10.3.1 is the HUGE amount of space the contact photo takes up. Not only does it take up half the screen height of my Z10, but it's stationary. All the contact info below it scrolls under the photo. Between the top half being primarily the default dark silhouette image (because I just don't keep photos of my contacts), and the bottom having the action bar with the big ol' "Edit" button protruding into the info area, there's not a lot of space left to see actual contact information.

It used to be that the photo would scroll up with the swipe to see the info. Not anymore.

There should be an option to show nothing if you don't have a photo saved with a contact. In my case, out of almost 300 contacts, only 10 have photos saved with them - and that's because the old BBOS 6 pulled them from Facebook years ago and synced them to my local outlook contacts. They are low resolution, and look bad, but I haven't cleared them out yet.

I personally find the photos less than useless, but they sure look nice in those marketing images with professionally photographed models.

How does a contact page look on the square screens of the Q, Passport and Classic?

Posted via CB10
    Same on the Passport - the contact pic (be it a real photo or an empty frame) is stationary and doesn't scroll, occupying a good third of the Passport screen - bad design imo.

10.3.1 has made the bottom action bar a bit 'transparent' by making visible just 3 icons [when you start scrolling down though]

10.3.1 and changes in the Contacts app-img_20150226_115957.png

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 04:11 AM
    Same on the Passport - the contact pic (be it a real photo or an empty frame) is stationary and doesn't scroll, occupying a good third of the Passport screen - bad design imo.

10.3.1 has made the bottom action bar a bit 'transparent' by making visible just 3 icons [when you start scrolling down though]

Posted via CB10

This is the Z10 screen. I actually turned off the Hide Action Bar option, because since only the middle section falls away - except for the left and right boxes, and the Edit button - it's kind of a useless option... it still covers info at the bottom.

10.3.1 and changes in the Contacts app-img_20150226_064126.png

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 06:46 AM
    I am having issues with editing current contacts and having their numbers deleted when I didn't ask it to. Seems like the local contact link gets wiped for no reason other then I edited the contact 's profile with something.

First saw this when I deleted a friend's Home number and both their Home and Mobile were deleted. Secondly saw it when I added a friend's address to their contact and their number was deleted.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 11:17 AM