03-15-15 03:22 PM
53 123
tools
    I've got to say I love the way the new calendar looks and operates. I've got my Z30 calendar sync'd with MS Outlook via Link and my Gmail calendars, including a group calendar I share with others in the family.

I like the way the month view provides a quick glance at which dates have appointments and for which calendar (the coloured dots).

And it's relatively quick to switch between day, week & month views. The agenda view is a really good way to scroll thru upcoming appointments quickly. The day view is really good for finding free time quickly.

All in all I love the style and look of it. And the functionality is excellent. Yes it's different from earlier BlackBerry calendars but I say Kudos to the designers who brought this new calendar app together.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 12:57 PM
    Yes totally agree, some should just give it a chance.
    jdesignz and daveycrocket like this.
    02-22-15 01:03 PM
    I absolutely agree. It's a great calendar.

I had been on the 10.3.1 leak for so long, I didn't realize how different it was until I purchased my Passport. I thought it wasn't syncing with my accounts because the dots were missing. (And the next two days were the only days in I don't know how long that I actually had nothing scheduled, so that extended the length of my confusion even more)

I remember missing my BB07 calendar when I started using an Android device and I couldn't find anything on Android that I liked. I am completely happy with this one.
    02-22-15 01:08 PM
    Glad to hear positive comments on the calendar for a change!

Z30 / STA 100-3 / 10.2.1.3289
    02-22-15 01:12 PM
    I'm happy with it as well.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 01:24 PM
    Count me in. I like it.

Posted via CB10
    positronio likes this.
    02-22-15 01:51 PM
    Now it's clear that people are liking the Calendar app including myself. Can anybody provide us a brief description on how to utilise calendar at its best and how can we sync appointments and email reminders with calendar?

BB Z Ten | 2267
    02-22-15 01:55 PM
    It's not bad, but nonetheless the growing numbers was great to have an idea of what day there is some space left if you truly have a full agenda. Now I can only see that I have an appointment bit the thing is I don't need to be reminded of that. I have those every day. So my month view is kinda worthless, every day has dots...

Posted via CB10
    JackTColten and Lag_Fisher like this.
    02-22-15 01:56 PM
    I just have to say I love the new look of the calendar and the functionality is excellent... for me.

Posted via CB10
    1khalid likes this.
    03-10-15 11:40 AM
    Starting to grow on me, except for the few annoying issues.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 12:21 PM
    I like the way the month view provides a quick glance at which dates have appointments and for which calendar (the coloured dots).
    Yes, you can get an overview if you have a good memory of what happens on each day. Unfortunately, I can't remember the details of my appointments because 1) I have too many things on the calendar; 2) I have too many other things that fill my memory; and 3) my memory diminishes with age.

Posted via CB10 on Passport.
    03-10-15 12:26 PM
    I think it's great too!

Posted via CB10 on my white Z30
    03-10-15 12:35 PM
    Yea its a good calendar I don't know why people complain that it is bad and stuff.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 12:46 PM
    So how do you have 10.3 on your Z30? I am on Verizon and no such update yet. Can you access the Google Play Store?
    03-10-15 12:47 PM
    It would be even better with growing numbers and the side bars!

03-10-15 01:00 PM
    So how do you have 10.3 on your Z30? I am on Verizon and no such update yet. Can you access the Google Play Store?
    I'm with Bell in Canada and they rolled it out a few weeks ago. You could use the various install methods recommended here on CB.

To access the Google Play store, you just need to side loading the Snap app. Easy how-to steps listed in the forums here. The search function is your friend.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 04:04 PM
    Yes, you can get an overview if you have a good memory of what happens on each day. Unfortunately, I can't remember the details of my appointments...
    Trying using the "Agenda" view. Just tap on the 3 bar icon in the lower left corner and then tap on "Agenda". You can scroll up and down thru all your appointment for the upcoming week. Weeks further out are listed across the top of the screen.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 04:07 PM
    Verizon hasn't pushed the update yet, but many other carriers have (and some have stopped pushing it due to bugs).

As mentioned by PatrickMJS, since 10.2.1 BlackBerry users have been able to get access to the Google Play Store via the Snap app which is very easy to download (no additional knowledge required) - How to use Snap on BlackBerry 10 to install Android APK files | CrackBerry.com
    More recently, Cobalt has another way of doing it which I am not as familiar with but you can find it here - http://forums.crackberry.com/android...g-page-965257/
    03-10-15 04:56 PM
    As a follow-up to my previous comment, note that with 10.3.1 you can also download apps straight from the Amazon Appstore which does not require side-loading of any kind (it will magically appear on your device when you get the 10.3.1 update).
    03-10-15 05:00 PM
    I just have to say I love the new look of the calendar and the functionality is excellent... for me.

Posted via CB10
    Looks like you must have never used 10.2 calendar then...
    Thesmartmale likes this.
    03-10-15 05:33 PM
    Trying using the "Agenda" view. Just tap on the 3 bar icon in the lower left corner and then tap on "Agenda". You can scroll up and down thru all your appointment for the upcoming week. Weeks further out are listed across the top of the screen.

Posted via CB10
    Hmmm, can you please post a screenshot of your 10.3.1 agenda view. I think it is unchanged from 10.3.0 but would like to confirm.

03-10-15 07:26 PM
    Hmmm, can you please post a screenshot of your 10.3.1 agenda view. I think it is unchanged from 10.3.0 but would like to confirm.
    No need to post a screenshot. I wasn't comparing the agenda view between 10.3.0 & 10.3.1. I was responding to the previous commenter who complained he couldn't see all his upcoming appointments in one scrollable list.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 07:39 PM
    Said no one ever...

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 07:58 PM
    No need to post a screenshot. I wasn't comparing the agenda view between 10.3.0 & 10.3.1. I was responding to the previous commenter who complained he couldn't see all his upcoming appointments in one scrollable list.

Posted via CB10
    Your post #17 is in response to me. Although my MO doesn't involve scrollable lists, but knowing which days to drill down for more details.

I think agenda view is the same in 10.3.x. Funniest thing is that I never used it in 10.2.1.

03-10-15 08:10 PM
    Your post #17 is in response to me. Although my MO doesn't involve scrollable lists, but knowing which days to drill down for more details.

I think agenda view is the same in 10.3.x. Funniest thing is that I never used it in 10.2.1.
    When I read your post about "drilling down for more detail", I thought, hey, this guy should check out the agenda view. Use it if you like it. Don't use it if you don't like it.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-15 11:32 AM
53 123