Likey! Likey! 10.3.1 Calendar

Posted via CB10
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    03-11-15 02:02 PM
    Looks like you must have never used 10.2 calendar then...
    Who would need to?

Move on.

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.1.2480
    03-11-15 02:06 PM
    Looks like you must have never used 10.2 calendar then...
    What makes you say that? I like the 10.3.1 calender as well. I am not superficial to need growing numbers or bars. I need to know what appointments I have and what days they are on. The 10.3.1 calender does that without issues for me.
    03-11-15 03:02 PM
    I'm glad for you. Wall calendar does it for me too, and in fact any calendar no matter how ****ty looking will do.
    The issue is you can do functionally impaired calendar (like 10.3) or well thought out and practical calendar (10.2).
    Why settle for worse when we had better before.

Anybody liking new calendar is not using it enough to appreciate that difference between good and bad.
    03-11-15 03:59 PM
    I'm glad for you. Wall calendar does it for me too, and in fact any calendar no matter how ****ty looking will do.
    The issue is you can do functionally impaired calendar (like 10.3) or well thought out and practical calendar (10.2).
    Why settle for worse when we had better before.

Anybody liking new calendar is not using it enough to appreciate that difference between good and bad.
    Wow thank you for that, this hits the point.

global14u likes this.
    03-12-15 03:14 AM
    Could someone on a device without a square screen try this with calendar, and post your finding please :

1. Select "month" view.
    2. Rotate the device to landscape position. What happens?
    3. Rotate it back to portrait position. What happens?
    4. Repeat 2 and 3. What happens?
    03-12-15 05:24 AM
    Could someone on a device without a square screen try this with calendar, and post your finding please :

1. Select "month" view.
    Not just square screened devices. I go back in time too. Oddly kind of pleasing because I feel I have so much extra time lol.

Posted via CB10
    BMCruiser likes this.
    03-12-15 06:27 AM
    Lol.
    A new feature to scroll back months.

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30 (10.3.1.2243)
    BMCruiser likes this.
    03-12-15 06:28 AM
    Good one
    03-12-15 06:33 AM
    Chuckle.
    I thought it didn't happen on square-screened devices as I was unable to replicate it on a friend's Classic.
    It's not that big a deal I guess - just wondered if it is expected behaviour or a bug.
    03-12-15 06:36 AM
    Completely agree. The new calender and contact app look, feel and work fantastic!!!

The phone and music app, on the other hand are a little frustrating to use and require a bit of a learning curve from the 10.2.1 versions

Posted via CB10
    03-12-15 06:42 AM

1. Select "month" view.
    Oh cmon man, let them have their moment of "I love the ****ty 10.3 calendar" don't ruin it for them

Posted via CB10
    BMCruiser likes this.
    03-12-15 08:06 AM

1. Select "month" view.
    Not just square screened devices. I go back in time too. Oddly kind of pleasing because I feel I have so much extra time lol.
    Yeah, it's a funny little "feature", there's a whole thread about it here: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...3-1-a-1001941/
    BMCruiser likes this.
    03-12-15 09:57 AM

1. Select "month" view.
    OK you have a point: that is quite flakey. I don't spend a lot of time rotating my screen while viewing the calendar but I can see how you'd find that aggravating if you like to do a lot of rotating. Regardless, this calendar behaviour needs to be fixed.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-15 10:06 AM
    Yeah, it's a funny little "feature", there's a whole thread about it here: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...3-1-a-1001941/
    Thanks - I hadn't come across that thread.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-15 02:38 PM
    OK you have a point: that is quite flakey. I don't spend a lot of time rotating my screen while viewing the calendar but I can see how you'd find that aggravating if you like to do a lot of rotating. Regardless, this calendar behaviour needs to be fixed.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, it's not really a hassle for me. Easy enough to kick it back to today's date. I was just curious because it's so consistent, it's as though that is the intended behaviour, and I can't really see any logical reason for having such a feature.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-15 02:42 PM
    I just have to say I love the new look of the calendar and the functionality is excellent... for me.

Posted via CB10
    I couldn't of put it better myself.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    03-12-15 03:20 PM
    Thanks - I will try these.
    03-12-15 03:43 PM
    WOW people who like the new calendar actually exist

....me, I hate it lol

Posted via CB10
    Thesmartmale and gvs1341 like this.
    03-12-15 09:00 PM
    WOW people who like the new calendar actually exist

....me, I hate it lol
    Like Taylor says "haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate..."

Posted via CB10
    jdesignz likes this.
    03-13-15 05:03 PM
    I like the calendar as well. Looks great and works well

Posted via CB10
    03-13-15 05:42 PM
    I've come across some of the other threads talking about how they hate the new calendar and, seeing screenshots of 10.2's, I realized why I got in the habit of ignoring the colors in months view.

I have long days (14 hours. I'm not sure if this affected the size of the small appointments or not in 10.2) and a lot of calendars (6). Even though I typically only had 5-6 entries per day, there was always a full day entry and overlapping entries. Those lines and little dots did nothing for me. I could see where those with less would find them helpful, though. For me, it was a matter of knowing I had long and short appointments, but they were so bunched together, I couldn't tell what was what... and I already knew I had long and short appointments.

Now I can tell which all day items relate to work, my personal calendar, family, social, and projects. I read someone bringing up being able to tell AM/PM meetings, which admittedly we can't tell now, but I need times for those anyway. 'PM' for me covers 7 hours. Even dividing those lines in quarters throughout the day doesn't help me much. Looking at the day is a must.

I didn't understand the purpose to this thread when I first replied. But I was loving the new calendar. I've been a bit dismayed reading all of the hate for it.

Posted via CB10
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    03-15-15 02:07 AM
    I am happy for you (all 16 of you, give or take a couple)!
    Thesmartmale likes this.
    03-15-15 04:18 AM

Now I can tell which all day items relate to work, my personal calendar, family, social, and projects. I read someone bringing up being able to tell AM/PM meetings, which admittedly we can't tell now, but I need times for those anyway. 'PM' for me covers 7 hours. Even dividing those lines in quarters throughout the day doesn't help me much. Looking at the day is a must.
    10.3.0 tries to get around this problem by putting in a thin green line that corresponds to working hours (whatever the user sets it to). Yes, it doesn't allow me to tell exactly when an appointment is, but it does allow me to get as much information as possible from month view and narrow the possibilities.

BlackBerry should put in the option to choose the calendar display style.

Posted via CB10 on Passport.
    03-15-15 11:15 AM
    10.3.0 tries to get around this problem by putting in a thin green line that corresponds to working hours (whatever the user sets it to). Yes, it doesn't allow me to tell exactly when an appointment is, but it does allow me to get as much information as possible from month view and narrow the possibilities.

BlackBerry should put in the option to choose the calendar display style.

Posted via CB10 on Passport.
    You lost me here. Is 10.3.0's calendar different from 10.3.1's? I'm not sure what "this problem" is to which you're referring. I was saying that the lines in 10.2 didn't help me because they didn't really convey any information. It's been awhile since I used it, but I thought the line would appeared depending on where in the day the meeting was. I don't know how exactly it was divided, but if the line was 3/4 of the way down, it didn't really help me because, for my working hours, that equaled anything from early afternoon to early evening.

And, I was using it on a Q10, so because I had so many the colors just became a blurred mess. I'm sure on a Z10 or Z30 it was probably easy to see and I'd guess that I'm in the minority regarding the length of days and number of calendars. So, unlike KR2013, I won't be as snarky regarding others' dislike. Although, I would point out that, in general, people don't make an effort to comment on things they don't have issues with and the ratio of those that do to those that complain is probably much higher on the internet, so 16 is quite a number.

For me personally, the month view in the old calendar was worthless. It sounds like 'time of day' is the biggest thing lost, right? I don't even know what else was. Little lines on the small screen made it impossible for me to use it at all. It's functional for me now.
    03-15-15 01:27 PM
53 123