I loved the simple BBOS feature of having bedside mode with only the phone function activated. Latest update is still below par on that vs BBOS. I don't know if my phone is frying my brain or not by syncing with mail servers tjroughout the night but I was used to not have emails coming during the night.

And I'm only talking here about the ease of doing things, sure I can pull quick settings toggle wifi off, then go to network and turn data off but that's quite a few clicks away already from an efficient [and a BBOS] solution...

The currently available single setting 'Wireless connections in bedside mode' turns my Passport into an alarm clock...

Anyway, it's not the end of the world but it's mysterious how slowly some staple BBOS functions are making their way into BB10...!

Posted via CB10
    MrDoreth and nah.uhh like this.
    02-24-15 05:15 PM
    I loved the simple BBOS feature of having bedside mode with only the phone function activated. Latest update is still below par on that vs BBOS. I don't know if my phone is frying my brain or not by syncing with mail servers tjroughout the night but I was used to not have emails coming during the night.

And I'm only talking here about the ease of doing things, sure I can pull quick settings toggle wifi off, then go to network and turn data off but that's quite a few clicks away already from an efficient [and a BBOS] solution...

The currently available single setting 'Wireless connections in bedside mode' turns my Passport into an alarm clock...

Anyway, it's not the end of the world but it's mysterious how slowly some staple BBOS functions are making their way into BB10...!

Posted via CB10
    I know it's available on 10.2, I don't recall if it's on 10.3.1. This is the Porsche Design clock from 10.2.1 on my Z10 with 10.3.1.2267.
    Attached Thumbnails 10.3.1 and Bedside mode - still missing the point for me-1424820222485.jpg  
    02-24-15 05:23 PM
    "I don't know if my phone is frying my brain or not by syncing with mail servers tjroughout the night"

And you found it worthy to post, so yes maybe the phone is frying your brain.
    02-24-15 05:24 PM
    Mine is. A little different have a Zed 30 running 10.3.1.2267

10.3.1 and Bedside mode - still missing the point for me-img_20150224_174728.png

Posted from my Zed30 running 10.3.1.2267
    Attached Thumbnails 10.3.1 and Bedside mode - still missing the point for me-mustang-lock.jpg  
    02-24-15 06:48 PM
    And a free mustang pic haha

Posted from my Zed30 running 10.3.1.2267
    02-24-15 07:06 PM
    I used to have the "Phone calls only" choice but that has been eliminated for me as well. I'm going to try an older clock to see if I can get it back.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 07:24 PM
    "I don't know if my phone is frying my brain or not by syncing with mail servers tjroughout the night"

And you found it worthy to post, so yes maybe the phone is frying your brain.
    If you've ever read your BlackBerry manual you would have seen the warning to not keep the device close to a pregnant woman's bump...

I'm talking here about BBOS7 features lacking in BB10 and that's been worthy for hundreds of posts here ever since the BB10 launch.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 12:51 AM
    I know it's available on 10.2, I don't recall if it's on 10.3.1. This is the Porsche Design clock from 10.2.1 on my Z10 with 10.3.1.2267.
    Yep, that was the 10.2.1 setup but it was not what I'm after (and what BBOS7 had) - if turn wireless communications off, phone calls becomes grey and the phone is also off.

So under 'wireless' BB10 means phone (radio) AND data AND wifi while my Bold option was radio only if I recall well, that allowed the phone to be on while all data/wifi off and the constant polling by the device (email mostly) is off for the night.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 12:57 AM
    Yo can go to bedside profile , customise app notifications, phone, turn on sound and override profile volume.

This does the trick. So this way all notifications are off and only phone calls are allowed during bedside mode, same as previous BlackBerry is awesome

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 01:07 AM
    Yo can go to bedside profile , customise app notifications, phone, turn on sound and override profile volume.

This does the trick. So this way all notifications are off and only phone calls are allowed during bedside mode, same as previous BlackBerry is awesome

Posted via CB10
    Not what's being sought after. OP wants to kill data connection but leave cellular up and running. This can be done through the connections menu but not through bedside mode or notifications.
    02-25-15 01:40 AM
    Yep, that was the 10.2.1 setup but it was not what I'm after (and what BBOS7 had) - if turn wireless communications off, phone calls becomes grey and the phone is also off.

So under 'wireless' BB10 means phone (radio) AND data AND wifi while my Bold option was radio only if I recall well, that allowed the phone to be on while all data/wifi off and the constant polling by the device (email mostly) is off for the night.

Posted via CB10
    I see what you're after now, however it should be noted that the cellular service is the part with the SARS rating. So if you're really worried about the radiation levels, shut the whole thing down.
    02-25-15 01:42 AM
    Not what's being sought after. OP wants to kill data connection but leave cellular up and running. This can be done through the connections menu but not through bedside mode or notifications.
    Yes he can do that too. We have a option to start battery saver mode in bedside mode. And in battery saver we have option to kill data connections . Though he has to shut off wifi all by himself but i guess thats easy, just a click away.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 02:07 AM
    Yes he can do that too. We have a option to start battery saver mode in bedside mode. And in battery saver we have option to kill data connections . Though he has to shut off wifi all by himself but i guess thats easy, just a click away.

Posted via CB10
    Yep that the fastest path I figured out so far - battery saver with data off and Wifi manually off!

On the SARS rating and radiation I thought it was the constant polling for emails legacy devices used to do that was considered potentially harmful? With the active sync / push now I don't exactly know what the effects are Guess no one does, otherwise telcos will go out of business!

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 02:44 AM
    The missing point of BB10 Bedside mode is having the option to automatically activate Bedside mode every certain hour.
    02-25-15 04:49 AM
    The missing point of BB10 Bedside mode is having the option to automatically activate Bedside mode every certain hour.
    And to allow calls from favorite contacts, or a few select contacts.
    02-25-15 05:52 AM
    This is possible in 10.3.1...you have the ability to make it so that the contact specific notification settings can override profile settings. So you can set it up such that phone calls from your few fav contacts punch through bedside mode.
    02-25-15 09:50 AM
    OP - so it's the ability to simply turn data off in bedside mode that you're missing today? And if I follow correctly your concern is around the radiation and not being notified and woken up? (or something like that)

Want to make sure I fully understand your problem statement here ignoring potential solutions.
    02-25-15 09:52 AM
    OP - so it's the ability to simply turn data off in bedside mode that you're missing today? And if I follow correctly your concern is around the radiation and not being notified and woken up? (or something like that)

Want to make sure I fully understand your problem statement here ignoring potential solutions.
    Yep, in bedside mode in BBOS7 I could set that only cellular (phone) is on during bedside mode and all other data is off. And I can obviously have this configuration now on my PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2243 with a few separate clicks every night which is just less efficient from the way BBOS did it, that's all.

As for the radiation concerns these are obviously subjective and not the point of my post. There could be other reasons to not want to receive mail during the night (and I mean receive vs not having an audio/visial notification for it)

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 03:32 PM
    No luck using an earlier clock version. I tried two previous versions. Both looked the same.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 06:58 PM
    Yeah the Bedside mode is annoying me too. BBOS bedside mode was a lot more powerful

I also miss proper profiles & a physical KB that locks when in the holster

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 01:03 AM