I just loaded up 10.3.1.2072 on my Q10. For some odd reason, any notification I assign to BBM (chat or group) has a very low volume when it plays. I have the volume cranked to 100% in both the profile and in the application individual setting as well. The volume continues to be low. I have tried increasing the volume of the MP3 tone I use, and also converting it to an M4A, the result is the same, low volume.

If I play the tone I have selected in the Audio Player app, it plays at full volume as expected, its only super quiet when assigned to the BBM notification. This is also the same tone I was using before I upgraded from 10.2.1 and it was working just fine, nice and loud.

Has anyone else encountered this and possibly found a fix?
    01-20-15 09:02 PM
    To answer your question, Yes, every Q10 user experiences the same low notification volume on 10.3 variants. Ans No, there hasn't been a fix for it yet. I'm annoyed as hell about this.

I just loaded up 10.3.1.2072 on my Q10. For some odd reason, any notification I assign to BBM (chat or group) has a very low volume when it plays. I have the volume cranked to 100% in both the profile and in the application individual setting as well. The volume continues to be low. I have tried increasing the volume of the MP3 tone I use, and also converting it to an M4A, the result is the same, low volume.

If I play the tone I have selected in the Audio Player app, it plays at full volume as expected, its only super quiet when assigned to the BBM notification. This is also the same tone I was using before I upgraded from 10.2.1 and it was working just fine, nice and loud.

01-20-15 09:24 PM
    Well, its not as good as a fix but that's an answer I'm happy with, knowing its not just me!
    01-20-15 09:30 PM

It might help to go into the "customise app notifications" and override the profile volume and max it out there.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    01-20-15 09:31 PM
    I did try that as well, no improvement unfortunately.
    01-20-15 09:33 PM
    Having a Q10 myself, I was wondering : it's just the case for the BBM notification or all notifications, like SMS and others ?

Thanks

Fred

Posted via CB10
    01-21-15 12:13 AM
    I didn't experience this, but I�ve used MP3DirectCut to raise the volume of MP3's with 3 or 6 dB(A) (roughly 2, respectively 4 times as loud) previously to accommodate ringtones or notification tones being not sufficiently loud.
    That might be a solution for you too?

Posted using a  Z10 (10.3.1.2072)
    01-21-15 04:14 AM
    Same with the passport since about half a dozen leaks ago.

It makes me sad.

I started editing my sounds on computer and increasing the volume by 5 times.

I stopped half way through because it just made me mad.

Hoping this isn't permanent.

Passport || Fido
    01-21-15 05:09 AM
    From a personal survey, I've noticed that only Q10 has been affected with the low notification volume. The media plays at the same volume as in 10.2.1 but none of the notifications sound at the same volume. It's almost at 60% volume of the 10.2.1 builds.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-15 06:22 AM
    Don't worry bro....all Q10 users are with u...almost every output volume from the phone seems less since the 1st leak of 10.3.1...guess even the music volume is also a little less compared to 10.2.1...hopefully this doesn't remain in the official OS. Coz sound is one main love for me to my Q10. Anyways, just countable days more hopefully to know if things will be perfect back again

Posted via CB10
    01-21-15 06:47 AM
    Yep! I had it too with this leak. Unfortunately there is currently nothing to fix it. Let's just hope it will be fixed in the official update. I went back to 10.2.1 because of it

Posted via CB10 on my white Q10
    01-21-15 06:58 AM
    I'm not sure why people are 'annoyed' and 'sad' about this, you chose to install an OS that wasn't officially released for you device. NO ONE told you all to install it. Go back to the official OS 10.2.1.xxx if you don't want these problems.

No wonder Chen wants to Crack down on leaks.

When will people learn they install these leaks at their own risk and any shortfall in them is ON them not BlackBerry. When the official gets released and these problems are still present then hit up BlackBerry and complain. As for now suck it up you big babies.

9780>Z10> Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    01-21-15 07:27 AM
    I'm not sure why people are 'annoyed' and 'sad' about this, you chose to install an OS that wasn't officially released for you device. NO ONE told you all to install it. Go back to the official OS 10.2.1.xxx if you don't want these problems.

When will people learn they install these leaks at their own risk and any shortfall in them is ON them not BlackBerry. When the official gets released and these problems are still present then hit up BlackBerry and complain. As for now suck it up you big babies.

I dont why this dear sir is so pissed when nobody here blames BlackBerry. Wanted to grab some attention maybe :P

Posted via CB10
    01-21-15 07:47 AM
    I dont why this dear sir is so pissed when nobody here blames BlackBerry. Wanted to grab some attention maybe :P

Posted via CB10
    Never a dislike button either :-p

Or am I a baby now for complaining something is not present at the CB forums? :-p

01-21-15 07:53 AM
    There were some complaints in the Classic forum from users who had noticed "low volume on notifications" from the stock OS it came with. I believe it was 10.3.1.1949 that officially came with the Classic. If users are experiencing it on the device that the OS was designed for it does not give me a good feeling that it will be fixed for the older models who will get the update.
    01-21-15 08:10 AM
    That Bug was introduced with the 10.3.0 Branch and affects all Devices. Even if it is not occurring under all circumstances.

It makes no difference if People restore their device settings or not.

I too hope that this will be fixed in the Release Version or at least in a (maybe coming) MR1.

But right now, there are more important things IMHO, that must be fixed first. Like WiFi or General Network Connectivity Issues. Or that every flagged eMail automatically becomes a Task in the Remember App.

Come on BlackBerry, we know you can do it!

Via CB10 App. STL100-2 @ 10.3.1 Beta
    01-21-15 09:26 AM
    Just days to go....and then we will see by ourselves...

Posted via CB10
    bozzg86 likes this.
    01-22-15 02:12 AM
    Just days to go....and then we will see by ourselves...

Posted via CB10
    True story

01-22-15 02:52 AM
    But right now, there are more important things IMHO, that must be fixed first. ... Or that every flagged eMail automatically becomes a Task in the Remember App.
    Hmm, set flag on email is easy way to make task from it. It is feature, not bug.
    I simply set flag only on emails for task creation.
    Why you set flag on emails when you don't want make task from it??
    01-22-15 05:26 AM
    Hmm, set flag on email is easy way to make task from it. It is feature, not bug.
    I simply set flag only on emails for task creation.
    Why you set flag on emails when you don't want make task from it??
    Yeah I know but for me it's a serious bug.

Since years, I mark emails I want to keep for $Reason in my email program (Thunderbird).

After synchronizing with my BlackBerry device, they get automatically flagged and converted into a task.

BlackBerry could easily introduce a switch, so that the user can decide, if those emails should be converted into tasks or not. But this is a long story and I do not want to derail this thread.
    Maybe 10.4 will bring something new.

Via CB10 App. STL100-2 @ 10.3.1 Beta
    01-22-15 10:50 PM
    I found a workaround. I bought BeBuzz and let it handle the LED and Notification sounds. It plays them at full volume. Just remember to remove notification led and sounds from the native BB profiles first.
    filanto likes this.
    02-18-15 06:49 AM
    Hi man, did you found a solution on this issue? I have also q10 and the same problem.
    02-20-15 10:26 AM

Just go away. Tired of uneducated rants.

Ps, the leak installed last week is now being released as an official update.

BlackBerry hates America!
    02-20-15 10:40 AM

Some are finding volume notifications too low after getting new update of 10.3.1 and it might be caused by this, Go to 'System Settings' > 'Main Volume' > 'Always Adjust Media Volume' (Make sure it is turned ON)

If 'Always Adjust Media Volume' is turned off, every time you lower the volume when playing music for example, it will also lower the Notifications volume until one or the other is increased.
    02-20-15 07:19 PM
    Same, happening to me on my Passport. Both BBM and SMS notifications much lower volume since latest update despite turned up to max on settings. Also happened on my Wife's Q10 updating to 10.3xx. Exactly the same. Please help!

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 03:27 PM
30 12