Model: Q10
    Variant SQN 100-3
    Original Network: O2 Ireland
    Device: Unlocked
    Current Network: 3 UK
    OS Upgrade: 10.3.1.1565
    Backed Up OS: 10.3.1.1565

I love 10.3.1, but it has some teething issues just like any other major OS update. However I'm experiencing a little more than teething issues. I have only seen 1 other thread documenting these problems. Has this happened to you and do you know of any fixes?

Q10 Updated to 10.3.1.1565 - All seemed good. Rebooted a few times and noticed the same BB World & Snap updates were being downloaded & installed over each time. Applications worked fine following updates. Following reboots I realized nothing is being saved permanently. New downloaded apps, contacts, personal settings. Created a back-up & Factory Reset of 10.3.1.1565. Tried to restore but it will not work anymore, Q10 restores to 10.3.1.2243 and requests upgrade to 10.3.1.1565.

It's an endless loop that I have spent all day on. I upgrade to the latest OS & try to restore the back-up which completes but does not show, once the BB reboots it's back to a factory setting of 10.3.1.1565. I tried restoring directly from the 10.3.1.2243 which also had no effect. If I manually enter phone numbers or download anything it will not be on the device if it reboots.

This is unacceptable for an OS update, I was willing to accept minor bugs with some major ones, but nothing that renders my Q10 unusable. It is not practical having to lose all your data if the phone powers down. I travel on a weekly basis and when the flights are long I must either turn off the phone or change battery, in either scenario I lose any data I put on the phone. Please note the phone works fine other than that. If you have any thoughts or a similar experience please post below.
    Last edited by agaw; 02-21-15 at 03:09 PM.
    02-21-15 02:47 PM
    Try a security wipe, then upgrade then try your restore, though i would skip the restore and set up like new, restore seems to cause problems.
    02-21-15 04:12 PM
    I've tried that. Once the restore completes it reboots, upon restarting it's as if the phone is brand new out of the box with 10.3.1.1565. If I skip the restore part and continue as if it was new, once it restarts it resets again.
    02-21-15 04:15 PM
    Then do it and don't restore, maybe thats the problem.
    02-21-15 04:19 PM
    If you've got time, try to eliminate which part of the restore is causing the issue, culprit usually is settings!!!

 Passport SQW100-1 / 10.3.1.2267
    02-21-15 04:32 PM
    Maybe you misunderstood. What I'm saying is that when I do wipe and start from scratch on 10.3.1.2243 or on 10.3.1.1565 and continue without restoring I download apps, enter contact details into the phonebook, etc, generally using it as a new phone it is fine.

The issue arises when the phone turns off for whatever reason, I turn it off myself, the battery dies, I change battery, it requires a reboot. Once this happens and I restart the phone it starts as a blank slate again as if it has just been purchased regardless of me saving data to the phone. The phone retains no data saved whether it has been restored or not. I have tried both approaches to both OS builds. It has taken my entire day test each method to find the cause and I have yet to find it. I've skipped the restore twice and still no success.
    02-21-15 04:33 PM
    Ok so you have a couple of options, you could nuke your device with cfp and or sic wipe then reload your software with an auto loader, no restore and set up like new.
    I don't know if your comfortable with these steps so i'm just suggesting.
    02-21-15 04:51 PM
    Since all this started after the latest 10.3.1.1565 (which means your DEVICE is fine), I would suggest use autoloader for Q10 and revert back to the OS you were on before the OTA update.

 Passport SQW100-1 / 10.3.1.2267
    agaw likes this.
    02-21-15 04:52 PM
    Thanks guys, I appreciate the input. I haven't thought about using autoloaders and have never tried it before. I'm going to try to upload the latest one for my variant and try a restore from there, then if that fails without the restore revert back as per your suggestions. Any tips as to the best way to install this? I presume via the BB Update page on their site.
    Last edited by agaw; 02-21-15 at 05:43 PM.
    02-21-15 05:26 PM
    Ok I'm just putting this out there, an auto loader is faster, easier, and better.
    02-21-15 05:28 PM
    02-21-15 05:30 PM
    Hopefully this will be successful or at least give me a usable phone with data I can save to it and not lose. What's the difference between your link to the autoloaders and ones from the BB site? I was planning on using the SQN 100-3 10.3.1.634 from the BB site,

BlackBerry 10 Autoloaders - BlackBerry Developer
    02-21-15 05:46 PM
    Hopefully this will be successful or at least give me a usable phone with data I can save to it and not lose. What's the difference between your link to the autoloaders and ones from the BB site? I was planning on using the SQN 100-3 10.3.1.634 from the BB site,

BlackBerry 10 Autoloaders - BlackBerry Developer
    Thats a dev version, its missing a bunch of apps, go to the link i provided , Thurask has compiled every Os available, just make sure you pick the correct one for your device. i would personally take the 10.3.1.2267
    agaw likes this.
    02-21-15 05:50 PM
    Maybe you misunderstood. What I'm saying is that when I do wipe and start from scratch on 10.3.1.2243 or on 10.3.1.1565 and continue without restoring I download apps, enter contact details into the phonebook, etc, generally using it as a new phone it is fine.

The issue arises when the phone turns off for whatever reason, I turn it off myself, the battery dies, I change battery, it requires a reboot. Once this happens and I restart the phone it starts as a blank slate again as if it has just been purchased regardless of me saving data to the phone. The phone retains no data saved whether it has been restored or not. I have tried both approaches to both OS builds. It has taken my entire day test each method to find the cause and I have yet to find it. I've skipped the restore twice and still no success.
    Demo mode?
    Defective onboard battery (if there's a real time clock on board, like when 3.3V battery goes in a PC the bios is reset to defaults each power on)?
    Defective flash that is not saving ram back to flash memory?

Try running diagnostics on it.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 05:51 PM
    BCIT Mike, I'll try the diagnostics on it, but there has got to be more to it than that. I am not the only one reporting this issue. Please see below. It has to be related to the upgrade.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-3-1-a-999317/
    Last edited by agaw; 02-21-15 at 07:47 PM.
    02-21-15 05:57 PM
    No joy with the 10.3 autoloaders without restoring. I'm going to revert back to 10.2.2 and see how that goes
    02-21-15 08:47 PM
    I am having the exact same problem. Losing all my reminders, calendar entries, anything that isn't saved on to memory card disappears when I reboot and I have to start all over again. I'm in 02 UK, and this is INCREDIBLY frustrating

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 12:27 PM
    I should add, it's anything that I've changed since upgrading to 10.3 that disappears. Including all my conversations. It's insane!!

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 12:28 PM
    I really think its BB link causing you problems, this is a huge jump in the Os , so i would not restore settings for sure,

i never use link, i only use Back up pro and contactx from BBW, and everything else i set up like new.
    02-22-15 12:59 PM
    You are misunderstanding the issue Withdrawl, I appreciate your input, but it's not link. Link isn't even used in the process nor is it open. I've used 4 different builds of the OS via the Autoload method. Only one version works and it is a dev build. I simply load it up, use the phone and login to to BBID. I then change the wallpaper and move a few icons and download whatsapp. I then restart the phone and it is back to factory settings. BB have confirmed the issue on the support forums and a lot of people are having the issue. They say it is more common with a refurbed device. Please see below for reference. It's an OS issue as one of the Dev builds works fine and everything saves, but it has no apps. I'm testing my 6th OS build to see if any others work with apps apart from the dev build.

Re: Two major issues, Blue LED bootup causing fact... - Page 9 - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    02-22-15 01:17 PM
    You are misunderstanding the issue Withdrawl, I appreciate your input, but it's not link. Link isn't even used in the process nor is it open. I've used 4 different builds of the OS via the Autoload method. Only one version works and it is a dev build. I simply load it up, use the phone and login to to BBID. I then change the wallpaper and move a few icons and download whatsapp. I then restart the phone and it is back to factory settings. BB have confirmed the issue on the support forums and a lot of people are having the issue. They say it is more common with a refurbed device. Please see below for reference. It's an OS issue as one of the Dev builds works fine and everything saves, but it has no apps. I'm testing my 6th OS build to see if any others work with apps apart from the dev build.

Re: Two major issues, Blue LED bootup causing fact... - Page 9 - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

Oh i'm sorry i did misunderstand, sorry
    02-22-15 01:20 PM
    Hey there is a few with this problem, they asked if you would go here,

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post11387508
    02-22-15 03:59 PM
    Hey, I just checked out that issue. It's not the same as the one I'm having. I can load the OS no problem, whether it's the official or an autoloader, they all load and operate. When I save a setting; wallpaper, phone number or whatever and restart the phone it does not appear again. It's as if the phone has been factory reset each time. I don't think the above & I have the same issue. I have been trying different OS builds thought to find one that saves data. Only the dev autoloaders without apps work so far.
    Mustafa Albayrak likes this.
    02-22-15 04:44 PM