I used the autoloader and my spotify isn't working properly it plays like 20 seconds of a song then the whole app seemingly reboots. I have a z30. Fwiw

Posted via CB10
    Unrelated. For the poster above and myself all we get when we try to open any android app is this :

10.3.0.1418 Fixes & Findings Thread-img_20141012_174516.png

In regards to Spotify and have tried deleting and reinstalling it?

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 04:46 PM
    I installed 10.3.0.1418 yesterday on my Q10, and am sharing some details below for people that might be interested. I don't have a whole lot of apps, but if you folks want me to test if something on the core OS works, let me know.

Device: Verizon Q10 previously running 10.2.1 flawlessly.

Mode of installation: Autoloader from Bitcasa

Procedure: I didn't do anything fancy. Backed up everything on Link, installed the autoloader, restored everything from Link. Everything seems to have been restored correctly, including the Android apps, such as Google Maps. Some people reported problems with Password Keeper, but I have had no issues. All my passwords are intact.

Speed and Performance: Things are generally a little smoother and faster to access, but raw speed and performance is identical to my earlier 10.2.1 installation.

Status check of the important stuff:
    1. WiFi: Works
    2. Calls: Works
    3. Music Player and FM Radio: Works
    4. Maps (with Location Services): Works
    5. Battery Life: There appears to be no change in the rate of battery drain compared to that observed with 10.2.1. I expect to get slightly more than one working day of battery life.
    6. Email, BBM Setup and Access via the Hub: Works
    7. CB10 app: Can write and edit posts in Dark Mode. That is hot :-) .
    8. Password Keeper: Works as before.
    9. Dropbox: Works as before, and easily integrates into the File Manager.
    10. Camera: Works.
    11. Facebook and Twitter: Works just as well as before.

1. Nifty unit converter in the calculator app.
    2. As Kevin had mentioned, the message and email triaging in the Hub is awesome.
    3. Lift-to-wake and the allied actions work, and are a nice touch.
    4. Text rendering is slightly superior to 10.2.1. The apps look good on the inside.
    5. App Animations are nicer.
    6. I like that there is a permanent Home Screen, just so I can admire my wallpaper :-) .
    7. All the important camera functions are readily accessible. Thus, video recording, and switching cameras, is just a tap away, rather than 2 taps as before.

Dislikes:
    1. Instant Actions seems to go via the Blackberry Assistant, which I find a little awkward. It was easy to just type "text XYZ", rather than have the Assistant intrude and add intermediate taps.
    2. Call screen is unnecessarily cluttered. I hope this is improved in 10.3.1
    3. I'm not a fan of the tinier app icons. It's good that they removed the gray backing on the icons, but I liked the big icons in 10.2.1
    4.The active tiles look nice, but I would have liked the "x" used to shut down the apps to be larger and easier to press.
    Last edited by clickitykeys; 10-12-14 at 10:58 PM.
    gfondeur and gilmanhlee like this.
    10-12-14 04:52 PM
    Seems the OS is having issues . I know it's just a leak, not complaining, just sharing why I found. This doesn't happen often, but have noticed it with some apps. It's also not hard to correct.

10.3.0.1418 Fixes & Findings Thread-img_20141012_180502.png
    10.3.0.1418 Fixes & Findings Thread-img_20141012_180510.png

A slow climb to the top is always more rewarding. Sent using my BlackBerry Z10.
    Vuneu likes this.
    10-12-14 05:14 PM
    PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 here. Autoloader with full backup and restore.

I haven't noticed much change, but I did spot something that hasn't been mentioned yet. I play Words With Friends and I get a notification when it's my turn, but after this update I get a distinct sound when there's a WWF message. When it's just my turn I get the default BlackBerry alert tone, but when there's a message there's an additional beep over it.

It's trivial but it indicates some additional Android notification enhancement.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    Harsh Tongya likes this.
    10-12-14 05:38 PM
    PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 here. Autoloader with full backup and restore.

I haven't noticed much change, but I did spot something that hasn't been mentioned yet. I play Words With Friends and I get a notification when it's my turn, but after this update I get a distinct sound when there's a WWF message. When it's just my turn I get the default BlackBerry alert tone, but when there's a message there's an additional beep over it.

It's trivial but it indicates some additional Android notification enhancement.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    +1 me too
    I haven't played with the notification settings to see if it respects or conflicts with BlackBerry notifications.
    Ie: will putting phone in vibrate mute the android notification? Will disabling the apps notification sound within BlackBerry system settings also disable the android sound, etc
    10-12-14 05:43 PM
    Anyone experiencing Android apps not loading. I've restarted the phone after new OS load twice, still nothing. The apps either crash or shows a green loading bar that stops after 75%.
    Those are typical symptoms of restoring android data from a previous release or doing a non-destructive upgrade. Did you upgrade from 10.2.1 using sachesi, or restore data from 10.2.1? It's even possible if you came from 10.3.0.1154 but unlikely since this release should have had upgrade scripting from .1154.
    10-12-14 05:54 PM
    My PIM was brutal on 10.2.1 as well.

Remove all accounts and re add them it totally fixed my PIM drain. All accounts were the same after just no drain.

Hope that helps.

Posted via CB10
    I did, after having been autoloaded i decided to re add all my accounts manually 1 by 1, that's why I'm still don't quite understand why PIM is still "spiking".

Hopefully it won't happen too often. Let's see..

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 06:15 PM
    Unrelated. For the poster above and myself all we get when we try to open any android app is this :

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141012_174516.png 
Views:	1425 
Size:	2.9 KB 
ID:	305495

In regards to Spotify and have tried deleting and reinstalling it?

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Same issue. The weird thing is 1) everything else in my runtime seems fine 2) my gf has this build on her z10 and her spotify works fine......im completely stumped by the issue.

Regarding you guys have you tried checking to see if duplicate amazon stores from backup restores is causing your runtime to act up? Just a thought.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 06:27 PM
    Those are typical symptoms of restoring android data from a previous release or doing a non-destructive upgrade. Did you upgrade from 10.2.1 using sachesi, or restore data from 10.2.1? It's even possible if you came from 10.3.0.1154 but unlikely since this release should have had upgrade scripting from .1154.
    I came from 10.3.0.1154. It's OK, issue fixed. Another reboot, let it set for 10 mins, attempted a few Android apps and boom, they started working. No idea what happened.
    10-12-14 06:31 PM
    loaded this on my z10. No significant change noticed. Flicking up words still a pain.

Z10 STL100-2 / running official 10.2.1.3247
    10-12-14 06:38 PM
    Alarm is working but not Very loud on my Q5 (guess many keep sleeping lol)

Alarm on my Z10 running 10.2.2 is much more louder

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 06:41 PM
    Yeah I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Same issue. The weird thing is 1) everything else in my runtime seems fine 2) my gf has this build on her z10 and her spotify works fine......im completely stumped by the issue.

Regarding you guys have you tried checking to see if duplicate amazon stores from backup restores is causing your runtime to act up? Just a thought.

Posted via CB10
    I had the same issue (my original post) after doing non-destructive from 10.3.0.1154. The apps would crash upon launching or get stuck w/ that greed loading bar. Do not use autoloader. I'm not sure of your case but it is fixable if my phone corrected itself after a couple of reboots/10 min rest times.
    10-12-14 06:42 PM
    Is it normal that the alarm is not very loud in this build?

Z10 (red) OS10.2.2.1531 Q5 (red) OS10.3.0.1418
    10-12-14 06:46 PM
    A little calendar news from me. After never having calendar issues on other leaks, they surfaced after loading 1418 via Sachesi (coming from 1154). All my appointments were 6 hours ahead. Tried reboots changing time zones, etc. Maybe I gave up too quickly, but I ended up loading the four 1154 calendar bars. This didn't initially fix my problem. So I switched time zones back and forth. Now the times were right when I "pulled down" upcoming appointments in the hub, but they were still wrong in my calendar. However, several hours later, everything in my calendar app was displaying correctly.

But then, my 1154 bug came back. The bug where a calendar appointment deleted with work calendar (Exchange Active Sync) or Google calendar did not disappear from my Z10. So, I decided to reload the four 1418 calendar bars along with the 1418 core OS (via Sachesi).

Normal power cycle following the core OS load and then I did one more at some point ("for luck"). This was a soft reboot through the power button, not a hard reboot with the volume keys. Anyway, when I finally took a look at my calendar app, all the appointments were in there at the right time. I also tried deleting a few apps in Outlook (work) and they deleted off my BlackBerry.

I'm not sure what the "fix" was. Reloading the core OS is my best guess. But who knows.
    10-12-14 07:19 PM
    Also noticed that miracast works much better than with 10.2.2. With my LG TV.

Z10 (red) OS 10.2.2.1531 Q5 (red) OS 10.3.0.1418
    10-12-14 07:33 PM
    Sudden battery shutdown in z10 Stl-1 was solved by doing calibration process. Now it is lasting 0%.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 07:36 PM
    Sudden battery shutdown in z10 Stl-1 was solved by doing calibration process. Now it is lasting 0%.

Posted via CB10
    how do we do calibration?
    10-12-14 07:41 PM
    Had too side load Amazon and Snap after installing on Z30 ATT. Now all good.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 07:58 PM
    Android Notifications now work and look different in the hub

10.3.0.1418 Fixes & Findings Thread-img_20141013_095913.png

Z10 STL100-2 / 10.3.0.1418
    10-12-14 09:00 PM
    After many attempts using many versions of sachesi on windows 8.1, I ended up loading this with sachesi on Linux. As previously mentioned, my flick typing is still a little off. My biggest issue with this os is with the rotation lock. I lock it in portrait mode but all applications revert to landscape. It's locking in the wrong mode. Locking in landscape mode does not put applications in portrait, they stay in landscape as intended.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 09:12 PM
    I read in OP about it and is being pasted here. Best calibration method worked for me is:
    1.Remove the Battery from your Blackberry
    2.Plug in original charger into your blackberry without the battery inserted, VIA PC. Do not connect it by the wall socket .
    3. Leave it there plugged in for 30 Mins.
    4.After, insert the battery without removing the charger
    5.Let the blackberry charge to 100%
    6.When the battery is fully charged. Remove the charger
    7.Let your Z10 drains to 0%(Discharge) ( Do intensive CPU usage tasks, Playing games, streaming videos etc.)
    >Repeat these step twice.
    The battery will subsequently receives it?s charging cycle.
    103683 likes this.
    10-12-14 09:13 PM
    If i remember correctly:

Put your device via usb cable without battery in your computer. Then put in a fully empty batterie and let it load until it`s 100%.

PS: i like the smaller icons with the Q5 but i dislike the low volume from the alarm clock. Chances you keep sleeping while alarm is ringing.
    10-12-14 09:18 PM
    So far only issue is VVM on VZW. Z30 STA100-3 tried side loading bars from earlier leak fixes no go.
    I thought I was the only one having this problem?

I'm still reading through the forum to see if anyone has a fix for the VVM issue, but I haven't found a solution, as yet.

The problem I have is the phone can't connect to the VVM service to complete the setup, and this is after sideloading the VVM files from .1052.

Any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    I read in OP about it and is being pasted here. Best calibration method worked for me is:
    2.Plug in original charger into your blackberry without the battery inserted, VIA PC. Do not connect it by the wall socket .
    7.Let your Z10 drains to 0%(Discharge) ( Do intensive CPU usage tasks, Playing games, streaming videos etc.)
    I thought it was as simple as removing the battery for 10 minutes = fixed.
    this process of calibration has to be repeated every time autoloader is used for installing OS.

10-12-14 09:19 PM
380 ... 678910 ...