The 10.2 SDK hasn't gone gold yet. When it does we are expecting 1-2 months until we actually see it being released by any carrier.

My guess is that the SDK will go gold at BB jam Asia September 26th.

Posted via CB10
    The gold SDK should be this month, actually should be shortly rumours are this week

Posted from my Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1047
    08-10-13 02:39 PM
    The gold SDK should be this month, actually should be shortly rumours are this week

Posted from my Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1047
    I heard it was delayed a little bit but that source may have been wrong.
    Jtaylor1986 likes this.
    08-10-13 02:46 PM
    That actually works?

Posted via CB10
    Yep, I do it frequently as my carrier pushes updates a few days after Vodafone and I'm impatient.

Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.4633 O2 Uk
    08-10-13 02:51 PM
    All this means then is BB is on schedule... Surprising...
    08-10-13 04:15 PM
    I'm just trying to figure out who at BlackBerry has credibility <JUST KIDDING FOLKS>

Well, not really...
    VR6 likes this.
    08-10-13 04:19 PM
    Tha.ks for sharing. This is awsome

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 04:39 PM
    No bugs really?? I downloaded it for my Q. Battery went from 18 hours to 4. My Q was always hot more than half my apps stop working, the hub was laggy as all hell ect ect. Now I loved 10.2 and look forward to the official release but I cannot believe anyone that says everything is great.
    And for FYI I tried to install 10.2 a few times hoping it was just a bad install.
    So yeah 10.2 is great but not ready yet for carrier testing.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 05:51 PM
    So we've gone from "soon" from BlackBerry to now geological weather patterns of certain countries ??

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 05:58 PM
    Those are great news for Canadians. But since I live in the states, my question is. If I buy a Canadian sim through ebay or whatever, would I be able to dl the update?

Posted via CB10
    The update is Carrier pushed.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 06:30 PM
    My own conversations with some BlackBerry folks about the US echos what you heard. I don't think anyone in their wildest worst conditions thought there would be this much negatively towards BB.

Good news on the time line for 10.2, I can live with that.

Swipe, swipe it good...via CB10 from my Z10
    08-10-13 06:52 PM
    My own conversations with some BlackBerry folks about the US echos what you heard. I don't think anyone in their wildest worst conditions thought there would be this much negatively towards BB.

Good news on the time line for 10.2, I can live with that.

Swipe, swipe it good...via CB10 from my Z10
    I think folks expected lack of enthusiasm and apprehension to adopt the platform.

What is rediculous is the extent of the negativity which has almost reached a level that could be expected if Thorsten Heins was named CEO and made his first statement be "screw you all in the US!"

~STV on Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.2025 TMO US
    Blacklatino likes this.
    08-10-13 10:26 PM
    Those are great news for Canadians. But since I live in the states, my question is. If I buy a Canadian sim through ebay or whatever, would I be able to dl the update?

Posted via CB10

You can use the xsach tool in BlackBerry 10 how tos
    08-11-13 12:23 AM
    So we've gone from "soon" from BlackBerry to now geological weather patterns of certain countries ??

Posted via CB10
    Well yeah.canada,UK then rest of the world usualy get the updates very quickly in godd timely manner.America is a joke for updates users will be waiting a month or 2 later after everyone.They only move fast when there is serious issue and BB push it themselves.SDK is going gold wednesday so time frames about right.Its defientely coming out after the Z30 gets shown at next event.

Sabotage it is indeed,BB have to look for alternative manuevers.Someone needs to deal with these carriers.
    08-11-13 10:50 AM
    Well yeah.canada,UK then rest of the world usualy get the updates very quickly in godd timely manner.America is a joke for updates users will be waiting a month or 2 later after everyone.They only move fast when there is serious issue and BB push it themselves.SDK is going gold wednesday so time frames about right.Its defientely coming out after the Z30 gets shown at next event.

Sabotage it is indeed,BB have to look for alternative manuevers.Someone needs to deal with these carriers.
    You understand that none of the American carriers are obligated to sell any BlackBerry, right? They could simply say no thanks. That would be better sabotage, wouldn't it?

The carriers are carrying BlackBerry phones because there is some demand for them. But, there is not enough demand anymore for BlackBerry to get special attention.

The problem is little demand. BlackBerry needs a hit phone. It is as simple as that.

Posted via CB10
    Blacklatino likes this.
    08-11-13 10:58 AM
    The carriers are carrying BlackBerry phones because there is some demand for them. But, there is not enough demand anymore for BlackBerry to get special attention.

The problem is little demand. BlackBerry needs a hit phone. It is as simple as that.
    And the best marketing campaign in its history to back it up.
    08-11-13 11:21 AM
    And the best marketing campaign in its history to back it up.
    At the last earnings call Thor said that BlackBerry was going to have to spend money in the coming months. I have not really seen it. There is no more Z10 TV advertising that I have seen. I see the same mediocre Q10 as every once in a while. There is some radio advertising that doesn't stand out.

To me, this suggests that BlackBerry has already written off these models. Let's hope we see a memorable z30 campaign. It would make sense. 10.2 on the z30 will (hopefully) get good reviews.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 11:29 AM

Posted via CB10
    Depends on which carrier you have.
    If you're on VZW like I am, no you can't.

Which is why I don't need no stinking official. I have 10.2 now and love it!
    08-11-13 11:31 AM
    The update is Carrier pushed.

Posted via CB10
    But with a Canadian sim you ARE able to download the update. but the phone has to be unlocked and not a CDMA.
    08-11-13 11:34 AM
    Just download a leak!

Z10 STL100-2 OS10.1.0.4687
    So glad I never waited for VZW. Leaks all the way for me!
    Can put up with the tiny issues that exist for me.
    m69c44 likes this.
    08-11-13 11:36 AM
    What is rediculous is the extent of the negativity which has almost reached a level that could be expected if Thorsten Heins was named CEO and made his first statement be "screw you all in the US!"
    But he did just that very thing by delaying the US release under the guise of carrier-related testing. By May 2012 Thorsten Heins lost any credibility in my opinion and we've not been proven wrong during the ensuing months and now years.
    AceofKyop likes this.
    08-11-13 12:32 PM
    The carriers are carrying BlackBerry phones because there is some demand for them. But, there is not enough demand anymore for BlackBerry to get special attention. The problem is little demand. BlackBerry needs a hit phone. It is as simple as that.
    True. True. True. True. However, I would add BlackBerry should release a BlackBerry 10 smartphone in the BlackBerry Bold 9700/9780/9790 form-factor for those wanting the power of BlackBerry OS 10 and a smaller foot-print in their hand. And bring back full functionality for BlackBerry Bridge along with announcing development of BlackBerry Tablet OS will continue.

By the end of the year the fate of BlackBerry will be sealed whether Thorsten is ready to publicly confess that he is not up to the challenge of lifting the company and the brand out of the cesspool.
    08-11-13 12:43 PM
    10.2 official will be out the same time as the Z30. Just like 10.1 was with the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    this was my initial thought
    08-11-13 05:13 PM
    FYI, I bought Bell Canadian's SIM card for $2 bucks with the hope I can get the 10.1 MR update earlier - NO LUCK HERE. Probably because mine is -5 model from T-Mobile and although unlocked it did not work.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 05:26 PM
    Lol so typical for Blackberry to blame someone else for their lack of sales. People don't walk into stores and ask to be sold a product. They walk in knowing what they want because they saw an ad for it and liked what they saw. The US got a pathetic advertising campaign for Blackberry and an embarrassing song from Alex Saunders on how much they are going to keep on loving developers (what a laugh).

Good marketing from Blackberry could help sell phones, not people in a store who are giving customers what they come in and ask for, which right now isn't anything Blackberry.
    ihys and semperfi45 like this.
    08-11-13 05:27 PM
    But he did just that very thing by delaying the US release under the guise of carrier-related testing. By May 2012 Thorsten Heins lost any credibility in my opinion and we've not been proven wrong during the ensuing months and now years.
    Rite...it was him single-handedly that delayed it.

Pay no attention to Verizon pushing the pulling updates for very small issues leaving their customer base to rot on 10.0.9.x.

It was the carriers.

~STV on Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.2025 TMO US
    08-11-13 06:30 PM
64 123