I have had an issue with a blackberry Z10 after updating it from the blackberry site to 10.2 . All my applications and text messaging / emails are working but i cannot make or receive phone calls. When i press on the phone icon at bottom left of screen nothing happens. Also if selecting a number from contacts list to ring nothing happens.

I am thinking the 10.2 install was corrupted or interrupted during install but cant be sure as i didn't install update. Anyone have or hear of this issue? If so is there any remedy other than trying to reload factory setting through Link?
    10-30-13 10:50 AM
    I have had an issue with a blackberry Z10 after updating it from the blackberry site to 10.2 . All my applications and text messaging / emails are working but i cannot make or receive phone calls. When i press on the phone icon at bottom left of screen nothing happens. Also if selecting a number from contacts list to ring nothing happens.

I am thinking the 10.2 install was corrupted or interrupted during install but cant be sure as i didn't install update. Anyone have or hear of this issue? If so is there any remedy other than trying to reload factory setting through Link?

Hi! Welcome to CB!!! There are ways to load radio files, or you could reload the OS. Personally, I would just reload.
    10-30-13 11:26 AM
    Thank you for the reply. I was hoping i could avoid reloading the os as i have quiet a lot of apps and data on the phone.

Could you maybe point me in the right direction for "ways to load radio files" so i can investigate this more.
    10-30-13 11:33 AM
    I managed to fix this in the end. There was a 5mb update left for 10.2.0.424 each time I checked on the device. The issue was each time I did an update from blackberry website with USB and also wirelessly over the air. Once installed the phone prompts to restart and each time it is restarted the 5mb update is still being made available to install. So it is not getting applied and I guess this is what is missing for the phone to make & receive calls.

I was going to reload to factory setting once I got a chance to connect with link but tried one last time to update the current OS. This time I used link which did the job and the update actually installed. Problem resolved and another happy Z10 owners gets their phone back.
    10-30-13 04:18 PM
    please give me the directions step by step as i am having the same issue here

i would really appreciate your help
    11-01-13 08:26 AM
    You would have to describe the issue you are experiencing.

If it was the exact same as myself then what you should be able to do is check to see if you still have an update to be installed.

settings >> Software update

I had a 5mb install left that didn't get installed when updating to 10.2

Download Blackberry link BlackBerry Link - BlackBerry 10 Smartphone to Computer Sync - Canada
    Pair your phone to the software once link has installed.

In Link select Software Updates and run the update from here.

That fixed it for me.
    11-01-13 08:34 AM
    Can someone help me out? I'm having the same problem. I have AT&T and they have not released the update. I used the Verizon update and now I can't make or receive calls or listen to my music or watch my videos as I have an error message, "unsupported media file format".

I tried using "Link" but it keeps saying I have the most recent update.
    02-25-14 07:32 AM
    Bummer should have waited for an official!

Keep The Faith ? BlackBerry Q10 ?
    02-26-14 05:04 AM
    Can someone help me out? I'm having the same problem. I have AT&T and they have not released the update. I used the Verizon update and now I can't make or receive calls or listen to my music or watch my videos as I have an error message, "unsupported media file format".

I tried using "Link" but it keeps saying I have the most recent update.
    What version of OS did you load? You just need to update the radio file.

I used Lengends autoloader 10.2.1 /1899 and then loaded the 1926 radio because I couldn't make calls either, then did a security wipe and it all worked normally.
    02-26-14 07:16 AM