I upgraded to 10.2 yesterday afternoon. I was extremely excited. All the features mentioned in Simon's article would have made the phone incredibly more useful. I backed up, then proceeded to download the upgrade through BB Link on my MacBook Pro.

After it downloaded the upgrade (all 400+ MB of it) I installed it onto the phone. Then the first signs of trouble began. It rebooted the phone and I spent the next three hours waiting for it to boot up. It got up to 100%, but never progressed past that. I had to leave the office for home, so I unplugged the phone from the socket and plugged it into the car. When I got home, I plugged it into the wall again and waited another two hours or so. Nothing.

So I pulled the battery, counted to about a minute and popped it in again. This time it took even longer, and got stuck at 99%. After a few hours, I decided to plug it into the computer (as I read somewhere), reboot the phone and I go to sleep. The following morning, I was overjoyed to see the home screen after a quick swipe. But. BUT.

The issue I'd been reading about on other sites happened: The Blackberry Hub was an all-black screen that never boots up the list of messages. And all the "core" apps don't load up - contacts, calendar, BBM, SMS, etc. But What's App and other similar apps run fine. I can't even get to the settings to initiate a system wipe!

Help please! I was fine on my previous build (10.1) and want to either roll back to that or find a way to repair my phone. :-(
    10-26-13 01:23 AM
    Plug in phone to computer and open blackberry link. (make sure blackberry link is updated). Then run a restore, from back up & restore section, of your latest backup. Then your phone should be like before OS change.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 01:44 AM
    Everything that happened to your phone happened to mine as well. Just connect your phone to BlackBerry Link and restore your phone from there. When I restored, my phone was back on 10.1 so I tried to update to 10.2 and thankfully it worked. I'm on 10.2 now and it's working good so far.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 08:38 AM
    Hi! Thanks for the responses! However, when I tried to restore from the backup I made just before the update it failed. I tried it three more times and it keeps failing every time. And now I rebooted the phone, and after a few hours it's finally on the main app screen but now blackberry link can't even connect to it. :-( Is there another method to do it?
    10-26-13 08:16 PM
    Make sure in Settings, that you have it set to Connect to Mac (Settings - Storage and Access - USB Connections). See if that helps.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 11:25 PM
    Thanks! Unfortunately, since I can't even get into the settings menu - it loads up a black screen and then crashes back to the main screen - I can't change my settings. I believe I left it on "auto-detect" mode, though.

Make sure in Settings, that you have it set to Connect to Mac (Settings - Storage and Access - USB Connections). See if that helps.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 11:37 PM
    Did you restart your computer? Uninstall and install BlackBerry Link? I'm out of ideas. Ask for direct support from cellular provider?

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 09:38 PM
    Good news! I was able to save my phone! I downloaded a 10.1 autoloader from here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...evices-840861/

and followed the instructions listed here:

Installing leaks - BerryLeaks Wiki

It took a while, but it finally restored my phone to full functionality - back on 10.1.0.4828. I will now try to update to the official 10.2 version, but this time through BlackBerry Link. It's another risk, but at least I know if I f*** it up I have a remedy on hand. Thanks, guys! :-)
    Last edited by freefisheater; 10-28-13 at 07:41 PM.
    scrapmetal58 likes this.
    10-28-13 07:04 PM