Glad it is working for you but although the source is official there is no guarantee that what you have loaded is just the source. I would happily use this method if the app was open source but without that you don't really know what the app is doing behind the scenes,although it is probably fine.

I am jealous that I can't join you yet but hopefully it will be this week for a UK sim based solution.

Posted via CB10
    people have said its from blackberry servers
    10-21-13 08:00 AM
    people have said its from blackberry servers
    I agree that the application is getting the main os file from the BlackBerry servers but then the sachesi application might be adding additional code which you then load as well, I am just speculating though as I am sure the developer has just created this application to help and perhaps our phones would somehow prevent additional code being loaded but unless this could be confirmed I won't be using this method.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-13 08:26 AM
    hmm i never faced this problem is your wether app working because mine aint? should i do a security wipe?
    Sadly, this maybe your option.

If you can, store your info cloud based (Google contacts, calendar). I would also suggest a backup... though from past, even back restore is risky. So proceed with caution.

On the upside, I've read elsewhere that this version is likly to be ignored by Europe, so we may get the 1791 pushed (at which point your device will pick it up and install).

Posted via CB10
    10-21-13 08:29 AM
    Sadly, this maybe your option.

If you can, store your info cloud based (Google contacts, calendar). I would also suggest a backup... though from past, even back restore is risky. So proceed with caution.

On the upside, I've read elsewhere that this version is likly to be ignored by Europe, so we may get the 1791 pushed (at which point your device will pick it up and install).

Posted via CB10
    I haven't got a back up of previuose OS :| my contacts are backed up but that's all I need so what do I do mate? cheers

Posted via CB10
    darkehawke likes this.
    10-21-13 08:47 AM
    Understand. Then I will use the country code 525 for Singapore and carrier code 5 to push the update to my Z10. Enough waiting for UK carriers...

Will update once I have done the update. Thank you

Posted via CB10
    Downloading the Singapore version now. Question: will this delete all apps / settings or is this like the OTA upgrade where all settings and appa are preserved?
    10-21-13 08:52 AM
    I haven't got a back up of previuose OS :| my contacts are backed up but that's all I need so what do I do mate? cheers

Posted via CB10
    I would think a device wipe.
    Deanig_12 likes this.
    10-21-13 09:01 AM
    Downloading the Singapore version now. Question: will this delete all apps / settings or is this like the OTA upgrade where all settings and appa are preserved?
    Yes all settings and apps are preserved. Including emails and texts ect.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-13 09:07 AM
    Yes all settings and apps are preserved. Including emails and texts ect.

Posted via CB10
    Wow... fantastic! just like OTA update, just OTC (over the cable) instead

Posted via CB10
    10-21-13 09:29 AM
    I agree that the application is getting the main os file from the BlackBerry servers but then the sachesi application might be adding additional code which you then load as well, I am just speculating though as I am sure the developer has just created this application to help and perhaps our phones would somehow prevent additional code being loaded but unless this could be confirmed I won't be using this method.

Posted via CB10
    Sachesi *CAN NOT* add additional code to the OS/Radio files that it pulls from BlackBerry's servers as they have been signed with BlackBerry's signing key. If these files were modified in ANY way, they would not load onto your device whatsoever. It's that secure.
    10-21-13 09:34 AM
    How slightly annoying! Got all my toast notifications working perfectly apart from the one I really want BBM!

Posted via CB10
    10-21-13 09:44 AM
    Sachesi *CAN NOT* add additional code to the OS/Radio files that it pulls from BlackBerry's servers as they have been signed with BlackBerry's signing key. If these files were modified in ANY way, they would not load onto your device whatsoever. It's that secure.
    Thanks, that sounds reassuring,how do you know this? If that is the case maybe I will do it ...
    but probably not ;-)

Posted via CB10
    Deanig_12 likes this.
    10-21-13 09:54 AM
    How slightly annoying! Got all my toast notifications working perfectly apart from the one I really want BBM!

Posted via CB10
    That exact problem happened to me. A device wipe sorted me out.
    10-21-13 10:00 AM

Posted via CB10
    Bad luck - the software is not able to connect to my BlackBerry....

Any suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    10-21-13 10:02 AM
    Thanks, that sounds reassuring,how do you know this? If that is the case maybe I will do it ...
    but probably not ;-)

Posted via CB10
    All Sachesi does is download and extract the files required from BlackBerry's servers (in the case of debrick files) which you can then use to create an auto-loader. If you really wanted to, you can grab the links to the files using Sachesi or Darcy's BlackBerry Tools, download them in your browser, extract the signed files from the .BAR files (rename them to ZIP and open them with WinRAR etc), and create an auto-loader using cap.exe... same thing, just more work.
    Deanig_12 and bobo616 like this.
    10-21-13 10:04 AM
    How long does a device wipe take - I realise this is variable depending on the amount of apps etc you have, but roughly. Also will things like password protector keep their information?

Posted via CB10
    10-21-13 10:12 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yes exactly. No need to wipe. Just update as you would over the air. Did it yesterday with both my phone and the wifes no problem. Both z10's

Posted via CB10
    10-21-13 10:57 AM
    Yes exactly. No need to wipe. Just update as you would over the air. Did it yesterday with both my phone and the wifes no problem. Both z10's

Posted via CB10
    The problem I am having now is that the application is not able to detect my Z10 connected to the PC via USB. I have Windows 7 installed.

I see that a few other people have seen the same issue, but I have not been able to find why this is happening.

I have the 10.2 in front of me, but I am not able to install it... please help!
    10-21-13 12:16 PM
    In India also the wait is getting too long
    10-21-13 12:19 PM
    All Sachesi does is download and extract the files required from BlackBerry's servers (in the case of debrick files) which you can then use to create an auto-loader. If you really wanted to, you can grab the links to the files using Sachesi or Darcy's BlackBerry Tools, download them in your browser, extract the signed files from the .BAR files (rename them to ZIP and open them with WinRAR etc), and create an auto-loader using cap.exe... same thing, just more work.
    Thanks for the information, it definitely sounds easier to use sachesi but I appreciate you explaining how to do it manually.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-13 12:50 PM
    How long does a device wipe take - I realise this is variable depending on the amount of apps etc you have, but roughly. Also will things like password protector keep their information?

Posted via CB10
    A device wipe takes upwards of 30 minutes to an hour. On completion it will leave the device powered off. Sadly, you will lose "password protector" information. So proceed with caution / make sure you back up what you want with the good old fashion pen and paper.
    10-21-13 01:28 PM
    Thanks. Think I found a workaround for my BBM toast notification not working - I deleted the chat histories that were currently in use and now it works perfectly.

Loving this update !

Posted via CB10
    10-21-13 01:40 PM
    all you guys who have the problem of the old OS number still showing even after Sachesi update, the way to make it work correctly and show the correct software number in the about settings is to do a Security Wipe from the blackberry itself after the update. It takes a while but once the phone loads back up all the software numbers show as correct and you are presented with the welcome to 10.2 screen and all your problems will be fixed.

make sure you do a backup before the security wipe though.

cheers.
    10-21-13 04:06 PM
    Can one do the Sachesi on Mac?

#IchooseBlackBery10 any day
    10-21-13 04:44 PM
    Can we make a specific thread for Sachesi and leave this thread for official UK 10.2 updates?

Posted via CB10
    10-21-13 04:50 PM
    I updated via Sachesi too. Worked like a charm once I found the right PC.

Hardest part for me was getting a PC to recognize my Z10 when linked via USB. My HP Envy X2 running windows 8.1 only recognised the Z10 by wifi. In the end I had to resurrect an old XP powered Toshiba laptop I had in a cupboard that hadn't been used for years. After a bit of fettling - putting on XP service parks 2 and 3, .NET framework 4, Blackberry Link, Sachesi 1.1 for windows it was ready.

Open up Sachesi, put in the details 525 for country, 005 or just 5 for carrier and download the update. I connected my Z10 by USB cable, clicked the install tab, when prompted I picked the folder with the downloaded files that were in a folder with the Zachesi program. Zachesi then works its magic and you can follow the software being loaded as it lists the separate components of the OS as they're loading.
    Nice one mate. Followed the instructions last night and I'm now on 10.2. Loving it!

I'm on Tmobile UK and this update is great. Did a backup before upgrading but the upgrade was smoother than the OTA one.

Posted via the amazing Z10
    10-22-13 02:37 AM
245 ... 34567 ...