Done this and I loveeeeeee! 10.2

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 03:19 PM
    Is the Sachesi method actually the legit 10.2 as it seems a bit strange one country would get it and BlackBerry have not mentioned anything about when 10.2 will be available...

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 03:38 PM
    What is this saches everyone is talking about

Posted via CB10
    Have a look here: http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...taller-825409/
    10-20-13 03:41 PM
    Is the Sachesi method actually the legit 10.2 as it seems a bit strange one country would get it and BlackBerry have not mentioned anything about when 10.2 will be available...

Posted via CB10
    Yes it is legit. The files are taken from the BlackBerry server.

I believe Sachesi investigates the BlackBerry server based on the inputs (Country and Carrier) and then downloads them.
    10-20-13 03:43 PM
    I updated via Sachesi too. Worked like a charm once I found the right PC.

Hardest part for me was getting a PC to recognize my Z10 when linked via USB. My HP Envy X2 running windows 8.1 only recognised the Z10 by wifi. In the end I had to resurrect an old XP powered Toshiba laptop I had in a cupboard that hadn't been used for years. After a bit of fettling - putting on XP service parks 2 and 3, .NET framework 4, Blackberry Link, Sachesi 1.1 for windows it was ready.

Open up Sachesi, put in the details 525 for country, 005 or just 5 for carrier and download the update. I connected my Z10 by USB cable, clicked the install tab, when prompted I picked the folder with the downloaded files that were in a folder with the Zachesi program. Zachesi then works its magic and you can follow the software being loaded as it lists the separate components of the OS as they're loading.
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    10-20-13 03:46 PM
    Yes it is legit. The files are taken from the BlackBerry server.

I believe Sachesi investigates the BlackBerry server based on the inputs (Country and Carrier) and then downloads them.
    Hmm I think I will just wait until my carrier pushes the update to me, can't be too long now.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 03:53 PM
    Hmm I think I will just wait until my carrier pushes the update to me, can't be too long now.

Posted via CB10
    Shouldn't be too long.
    10-20-13 03:58 PM
    GiffGaff is part of O2 so either bung another sim in or wait and see if you get the o2 update.

Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.4780 O2 UK
    Giffgaff use O2's network, they are not part of O2 though.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 05:55 PM

Posted via CB10
    They are owned outright by O2's parent company Telefonica. As a result, the updates come at around the same time.

Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.4780 O2 UK
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    10-20-13 11:12 PM

Posted via CB10
    GiffGaff use O2's network infrastructure, and like O2, are owned by Telefonica.
    I have a GiffGaff and O2 sim (plus a 3 and Vodafone one), when O2 pushed the last update (10.1MR), GiffGaff got it a day later.

Vodafone are usually first, with 3 being last to push BB10 updates.
    10-20-13 11:30 PM
    how long did it take to reboot after update?
    10-21-13 05:18 AM
    Couldnt be bothered to wait for EE to release so just used the Sachesi tool to update my T-Mobile UK Z10, worked a charm with no issues.
    Install took around an hour (the folder with the 10.2 OS files is just over 1gb), and then another 20 minutes to reboot and come back up. If you dont want to go down the leaked OS method which involves a wipe and reload, then this is the best way to get OS 10.2 early.
    Deanig_12 likes this.
    10-21-13 06:25 AM
    how long did it take to reboot after update?
    It stays on the BlackBerry logo for what seems like forever, but really was about 10-15 minutes.
    Deanig_12 likes this.
    10-21-13 06:31 AM
    So what code should I use for a UK carrier if I want to download their firmware for Sachesi? For example for UK Vodafone?

Posted via CB10
    10-21-13 06:52 AM
    So what code should I use for a UK carrier if I want to download their firmware for Sachesi? For example for UK Vodafone?

Posted via CB10
    hey portal non of out carriers in the uk have it yet should be soon tho :/ i did it via sachesi and udes the singapore one worked a treat should give it ago and its official and you dont have to wait
    10-21-13 06:56 AM
    hey portal non of out carriers in the uk have it yet should be soon tho :/ i did it via sachesi and udes the singapore one worked a treat should give it ago and its official and you dont have to wait
    Understand. Then I will use the country code 525 for Singapore and carrier code 5 to push the update to my Z10. Enough waiting for UK carriers...

Will update once I have done the update. Thank you

Posted via CB10
    Deanig_12 likes this.
    10-21-13 07:11 AM
    I keep thinking there is news for the official UK updates in this thread but every time it is somebody using sachesi to update :-(

Posted via CB10
    10-21-13 07:17 AM
    I keep thinking there is news for the official UK updates in this thread but every time it is somebody using sachesi to update :-(

Posted via CB10
    hey bobo the 10.2 from sachesi is official im on three uk and thats what i did and its working flawlessly
    10-21-13 07:27 AM

Posted via CB10
    Join the party when you feel comfortable mate.
    10-21-13 07:33 AM
    I'm getting a few bugs. Phone, search and camera icons missing from bottom of screen, only show when an application is open and then only on active tile screen - touching phone icon does nothing - I can only call from within contacts app. Also the dots along the bottom of the screen to move quickly around apps is not there. Anyone else getting these issues? If so anyone know any fixes? I have tried reboot but no luck. Apart from that all seems ok!!!

Posted via CB10
    10-21-13 07:35 AM
    I'm getting a few bugs. Phone, search and camera icons missing from bottom of screen, only show when an application is open and then only on active tile screen - touching phone icon does nothing - I can only call from within contacts app. Also the dots along the bottom of the screen to move quickly around apps is not there. Anyone else getting these issues? If so anyone know any fixes? I have tried reboot but no luck. Apart from that all seems ok!!!

Posted via CB10
    It wasn't mentioned, but I treated this install as i do leaks. In that after the update I did a device wipe. This seemed to have fixed the minor problem that I had whereby I was not getting toast notifications.

All seems well now since the wipe and start from fresh.
    10-21-13 07:38 AM
    It wasn't mentioned, but I treated this install as i do leaks. In that after the update I did a device wipe. This seemed to have fixed the minor problem that I had whereby I was not getting toast notifications.

All seems well now since the wipe and start from fresh.
    hmm i never faced this problem is your wether app working because mine aint? should i do a security wipe?
    10-21-13 07:40 AM
    I have just removed the battery for about a minute and rebooted from there. All good now. Wouldn't want to do a wipe - too much hassle.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-13 07:50 AM
    I have just removed the battery for about a minute and rebooted from there. All good now. Wouldn't want to do a wipe - too much hassle.

Posted via CB10
    unfortunatly you cant do that on the Q5 lol so i need an anser lol
    10-21-13 07:53 AM
    hey bobo the 10.2 from sachesi is official im on three uk and thats what i did and its working flawlessly
    Glad it is working for you but although the source is official there is no guarantee that what you have loaded is just the source. I would happily use this method if the app was open source but without that you don't really know what the app is doing behind the scenes,although it is probably fine.

I am jealous that I can't join you yet but hopefully it will be this week for a UK sim based solution.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-13 07:57 AM
245 ... 23456 ...