Slice bread, the toaster, etc etc etc.

Finally loaded up 10.2 on the weekend thanks to wei and the b@stard hybrids.

Link Wasn't able to restore my backup ( I'd anyone can tell me how to please do). So I lost my settings and some files, but I care slightly less after playing with the new Os.

I gotta say I like the subtle ui changes and new android runtime, but my favorite thing has got to be the toast notifications and how you can reply without leaving your current screen.

I'm a BlackBerry only guy and I have no idea if this feature is on other platforms, but as far as in concerned this is definitely a productivity GAME CHANGER!

Even works during phone calls. !

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 08:23 AM
    you need to restore each thing at a time. I had trouble at first, I did a wipe and then i didn't allow the phone to update during the setup for carrier apps i'm guessing. I restored settings first, media and then apps separately. I enjoyed the toast notifications but they did get annoying after a while because they would interrupt my typing if i got a message. I know the next 10.2 build fix that issue.
    07-22-13 08:56 AM
    Loving the toast notifications myself, although they do still have some work to do on them before official release.

If you are using a 483 hybrid (the only way to get phone calls working as far as I know) you'll notice every time a toast comes up it cancels whatever you are already in the middle of, closes the keyboard etc. -that is a productivity game changer in the wrong direction at the moment! But I hear it's been resolved in the 663 build and later.

You may also have noticed that when you respond to a toast and press enter it doesn't send the message, you have to reach back up and press send.. not ideal for productivity either, but again I hear this has been resolved in 663, glad to hear it.

Lastly, you'll find that while talking to someone in BBM, and that person replies.. the toast comes up at the top.. toasts should not appear when you are already in the message. This one I have not heard about being fixed as of yet.

All in all a very good start, and a most welcome feature.. but not ready for prime time in my opinion, glad they haven't released it at this stage. Looking forward to future builds!

Posted via CB10
    Engire and bcbbanga4l like this.
    07-22-13 08:59 AM
    I like them too. Android needs to get more of their devs using the actionable notifications. Only a few of them do. They need to work on them in BB10 though. They interrupt what you are doing way to much as they are right now.
    07-22-13 09:55 AM
    Loving the toast notifications myself, although they do still have some work to do on them before official release.

If you are using a 483 hybrid (the only way to get phone calls working as far as I know) you'll notice every time a toast comes up it cancels whatever you are already in the middle of, closes the keyboard etc. -that is a productivity game changer in the wrong direction at the moment! But I hear it's been resolved in the 663 build and later.

You may also have noticed that when you respond to a toast and press enter it doesn't send the message, you have to reach back up and press send.. not ideal for productivity either, but again I hear this has been resolved in 663, glad to hear it.

Lastly, you'll find that while talking to someone in BBM, and that person replies.. the toast comes up at the top.. toasts should not appear when you are already in the message. This one I have not heard about being fixed as of yet.

All in all a very good start, and a most welcome feature.. but not ready for prime time in my opinion, glad they haven't released it at this stage. Looking forward to future builds!

Posted via CB10
    I have noticed that the enter key does insert a new line as opposed to the sending the message. Annoying the first couple times, but I just remember to press send.

Also the BBM toast while in same convo happens to me in txt messages as well.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 11:03 AM
    I cannot wait for this feature...looking forward to it but too scared to to try the leak.
    07-22-13 12:31 PM
    I'm liking this feature on 10.2 I agree it needs work but its better then notifications on my iPad 4 and g nexus, defiantly a step in the right direction. when I seen the toast, pressed the button and seen the little reply box, my mind was officially blown.
    07-22-13 01:48 PM
    I'm liking this feature on 10.2 I agree it needs work but its better then notifications on my iPad 4 and g nexus, defiantly a step in the right direction. when I seen the toast, pressed the button and seen the little reply box, my mind was officially blown.
    you have this on your nexus already, or at least your should
    SDTRMG likes this.
    07-22-13 01:56 PM
    you have this on your nexus already, or at least your should
    I have action notifications, but there threw the pull down notification bar, not right on the toast itself, unless om using it wrong.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 02:43 PM
    right its on the pull down. But you dont have to open an app to reply. Just pull down see the notification, hit reply and then send it off. This is the same thing RIM is going for. They just have toasts. Googles way is less intrusive to what you are doing. BB is following the iOS way basically with toasts.
    07-22-13 02:56 PM
    Where can I get the autoloader for this please? That has calls working? Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 03:02 PM
    right its on the pull down. But you dont have to open an app to reply. Just pull down see the notification, hit reply and then send it off. This is the same thing RIM is going for. They just have toasts. Googles way is less intrusive to what you are doing. BB is following the iOS way basically with toasts.
    Yah that's how I've been doing it, it's better then ios but I find blackberrys way better, once they work out the bugs and it doesn't interrupt you that is of course, which I feel in the official Os it shouldn't.

Only like it better because I can take action and reply to it with a tap, as soon as I see it.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by SDTRMG; 07-22-13 at 06:38 PM.
    07-22-13 03:26 PM
    Auto correct stops working if I get toast
    It's a great start but it needs work.

Flicked via Z10
    07-22-13 03:45 PM
    As of 663 it doesn't interrupt you, and you can hit enter to send, which is nice

Posted via CB10
    just_luc, SDTRMG, Korepab and 1 others like this.
    07-22-13 04:22 PM
    Where can I get the autoloader for this please? That has calls working? Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    Check out the B@stard Hybrid sticky in the leaked Os section.

Posted on a Post-It!
    deedeebird likes this.
    07-22-13 05:48 PM
    Check out the B@stard Hybrid sticky in the leaked Os section.

Posted on a Post-It!
    It works! Woooooo!

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 11:18 PM
    i like that
    07-23-13 04:38 AM
    i like that
    I know. It's such a great feature. I'm so glad it is coming. I can't wait to show my iOS friends.

My Tech-Fleet: Q10; Z10; PlayBook; Surface Pro; Xbox 360; HP TouchPad; iPod Touch 5
    07-23-13 04:57 AM
    A feature available on other os and really should have been there from the start.
    I do like the feature but fins it incredibly demoralising that BlackBerry is still playing catch up

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 07:50 AM
    A feature available on other os and really should have been there from the start.
    I do like the feature but fins it incredibly demoralising that BlackBerry is still playing catch up

Posted via CB10
    I'm not 100% disagreeing with you but to my knowledge other OS's do not have the ability to reply directly from the notification.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 08:51 AM
    I'm not 100% disagreeing with you but to my knowledge other OS's do not have the ability to reply directly from the notification.

Posted via CB10
    I think you maybe right, but it is still playing catch up with a slight improvement. It still should have been there from the beginning.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 08:55 AM
    I think you maybe right, but it is still playing catch up with a slight improvement. It still should have been there from the beginning.

Posted via CB10
    So it lacks value based on principal? That makes me tired. It's a good feature and I'm happy to see it added.

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG, RECOOL and jermaine1082 like this.
    07-23-13 09:01 AM

Posted via CB10
    Ios is only a toast and android you have to pull back the notification bar. So it's a little different then other os's.

And get off that should of been there from the start, because I can name plenty missing in even ios that should have been there from the start.

Rome wasn't built in a day.
    10.2 toast notifications are the greatest thing since.....-air_20130722_00000.jpg

Posted via CB10
    jermaine1082 likes this.
    07-23-13 09:03 AM
    Pretty cool stuff.

I don't understand why some want to get into "it should have been there from the start." It will be here soon enough for everyone. That is really all that matters to me.
    SDTRMG likes this.
    07-23-13 09:15 AM
    Ios is only a toast and android you have to pull back the notification bar. So it's a little different then other os's.

And get off that should of been there from the start, because I can name plenty missing in even ios that should have been there from the start.

Rome wasn't built in a day.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AIR_20130722_00000.jpg 
Views:	863 
Size:	33.9 KB 
ID:	185314

Posted via CB10
    Your ios comparison is redundant. Ios was competing against who exactly?
    BlackBerry 10 is competing against mature os systems. It needs to bring everything to the table or get out of the way.
    People aren't going to buy BlackBerry devices for what they may choose to add in the future. If BlackBerry can't do what others can on the day someone wants a device, then BlackBerry will not be getting a sale. This is the way of the world.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 10:41 AM
51 123