Sorry if this has already been covered,
    Just loaded 10.2 (1443 and also 1767) on a Q10 and have noticed some different behavior when compared to 10.1:

On 10.1, if you delete Facebook, LinkedIn, etc and perform a security wipe then these apps return. On 10.2, if you delete those apps after loading the OS and then perform a security wipe, then the apps you removed are NOT restored.

Is this normal? Just curious.
    10-01-13 10:03 PM
    I would say they are suppose to come back but maybe BB stopped this from happening finally
    10-01-13 10:56 PM
    I would say they are suppose to come back but maybe BB stopped this from happening finally
    Deleted LinkedIn, checked for updates, nothing. I think it's gone.
    10-01-13 10:58 PM
    Yup they wont come back

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 11:02 PM
    Only the apps currently written to the os will return. If the leaked os doesn't have them to begin with a security wipe will delete them. If a 10.1 os had them originally, a security wipe won't delete them.

Trusted Member Genius
    10-02-13 03:50 AM
    Okay, so let's say you delete all of the apps and then perform a security wipe. Then, connect the device to your PC and flash the OS again using an autoloader, those apps return. If you delete them again and perform a security wipe, they aren't present.

It just seems a bit off to me - I wonder if this behavior will change with the final release perhaps?
    10-02-13 09:45 AM
    They can be added back via app world

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 09:57 AM
    Okay, so let's say you delete all of the apps and then perform a security wipe. Then, connect the device to your PC and flash the OS again using an autoloader, those apps return. If you delete them again and perform a security wipe, they aren't present.

It just seems a bit off to me - I wonder if this behavior will change with the final release perhaps?
    This is by design.

When you do a wipe, there's a list of apps to not delete stored in the os. The wipe doesn't wipe everything then reinstall your apps. The wipe saves the apps on that list only if they're present on your phone.

When you run a typical autoloader, even if you've already deleted all the apps, it re-installs everything along with the OS. That's why you always get your apps back after an autoloader.

Then if you wipe after that, and your apps are still there the list mentioned earlier would save them from being wiped.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 11:15 AM