Hi,

Can anyone with 10.2 confirm if you can get multiple alerts for text messages such as a reminder a couple of minutes after initially receiving the text?

Can you have different text tones for different contacts as you can for email and bbm?

Thanks
    07-28-13 12:29 AM
    Can you have different text tones for different contacts as you can for email and bbm?
    No sadly
    07-28-13 01:17 AM
    No sadly
    I can't believe they still haven't done this,really no point adding new features if they still don't have basic functions working.

Posted via CB10
    sonic_reducer likes this.
    07-28-13 05:00 AM
    Hi,

Can anyone with 10.2 confirm if you can get multiple alerts for text messages such as a reminder a couple of minutes after initially receiving the text?

Thanks
    Hope this helps for the time being
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-times-817576/
    bobo616 likes this.
    07-28-13 06:57 AM
    Thanks this is an interesting work around, I might have to adapt it for my tones. Is there a time limit to how long you can make the looped tone?

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 09:25 AM
    Hi,

Thanks
    Why on earth do you need multiple alerts for a text message?

Text message comes in 1 alert (LED/Audio/Vibration). LED keeps alerting you for about 5mins, then turns off - most likely to save battery life. Then the on-screen Peek notification in the icon turns on. Until you view ALL of your unread text messages right?

That's my understanding. The battery life saving is considerate understanding all the social alerts, emails, sms/mms, etc that keep coming in uses a LOT of battery life since they'll all use the network connectivity stack (GPRS/EDGE/3G/LTE & WLAN).

I just don't understand your need to have multiple alerts for SMS ... especially when the lock screen will continually remind you. Then again my thinking is for anyone that needs this ... a smartwatch accessory is the best solution - for when you need to be discreet about checking for such alerts and you can quietly excuse yourself to view them.

I am interested in your reasoning though, honestly.
    07-28-13 12:26 PM
    Thanks this is an interesting work around, I might have to adapt it for my tones. Is there a time limit to how long you can make the looped tone?

Posted via CB10
    I don't understand the question but each tone was looped to play multiple times like in OS7 (2 count, 3 count etc.) My personal faves i converted to play a 4 count of the alert.
    07-28-13 02:36 PM
    Why on earth do you need multiple alerts for a text message?

Text message comes in 1 alert (LED/Audio/Vibration). LED keeps alerting you for about 5mins, then turns off - most likely to save battery life. Then the on-screen Peek notification in the icon turns on. Until you view ALL of your unread text messages right?

That's my understanding. The battery life saving is considerate understanding all the social alerts, emails, sms/mms, etc that keep coming in uses a LOT of battery life since they'll all use the network connectivity stack (GPRS/EDGE/3G/LTE & WLAN).

I just don't understand your need to have multiple alerts for SMS ... especially when the lock screen will continually remind you. Then again my thinking is for anyone that needs this ... a smartwatch accessory is the best solution - for when you need to be discreet about checking for such alerts and you can quietly excuse yourself to view them.

I am interested in your reasoning though, honestly.
    I often receive SMS messages when I am busy but don't have my phone out and I intend to check my text in a few minutes but often forget so having the SMS alert go a few minutes later is invaluable for me, it is an option that have grown used to from having an iPhone. The workaround in the previous post has worked although I obviously don't get the vibrate when my SMS tone loops around but this isn't as important.

Still disappointed about the individual SMS tones not available for individual contacts though.
    07-28-13 02:41 PM
    You can set individual contacts with there own sms tone. It is at the bottom of the edit contacts.
    07-28-13 02:51 PM
    Set your LED to not turn off. The little red light is your best friend.
    07-28-13 03:01 PM
    I often receive SMS messages when I am busy but don't have my phone out and I intend to check my text in a few minutes but often forget so having the SMS alert go a few minutes later is invaluable for me, it is an option that have grown used to from having an iPhone. The workaround in the previous post has worked although I obviously don't get the vibrate when my SMS tone loops around but this isn't as important.

Still disappointed about the individual SMS tones not available for individual contacts though.
    Ah understood. You're coming from an iPhone ... I don't recall the iPhone iOS6 ever having a loop notification for SMS either. Sure in its notification bar it would be there but then this is no different from Android/BB10 so I'm a bit lost.

I'm glad someone offered you a work around.
    07-28-13 08:57 PM
    In my case, I work rotating shifts (which is very difficult for people to keep up with it seems) and sleep at all odd hours. So when I do get time to sleep, I turn all sounds off except for my kids. If I am in a deep sleep, one notification doesn't wake me up so I like the loop to keep going until I get up to get it.

I use bebuzz for this and it works great. The 'star' in bebuzz works in place of 'always play sound' of my torch.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 10:55 PM
    Set your LED to not turn off. The little red light is your best friend.
    How do you do that? Would like it if the red light would continue to blink as long as I have unread messages. Even better if you could select what type (BBM, Text ext) of message stayed on or what specific contacts!

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 11:15 PM
    How do you do that? Would like it if the red light would continue to blink as long as I have unread messages. Even better if you could select what type (BBM, Text ext) of message stayed on or what specific contacts!

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    id like to know how to do this too. please share.
    07-28-13 11:33 PM
    In my case, I work rotating shifts (which is very difficult for people to keep up with it seems) and sleep at all odd hours. So when I do get time to sleep, I turn all sounds off except for my kids. If I am in a deep sleep, one notification doesn't wake me up so I like the loop to keep going until I get up to get it.

I use bebuzz for this and it works great. The 'star' in bebuzz works in place of 'always play sound' of my torch.

Posted via CB10
    I don't fancy giving a 3rd party access to my texts so I won't use BeBuzz or hub++.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 12:31 AM