Maybe a debate or question....will the 10.2 update contain any theme customisation i.e. backgrounds, fonts, live wall papers etc?? Or even app specific LED notification alerts?

Most os's allow some type of customisation so I'm throwing the question out there!!...

would love to have bb10 customizable!!!

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 02:41 PM
    As of yet there has been no mention of 10.2 bringing these features. While it would be nice to have some customization from 7.1 back into BB10, I wouldn't want it to go as far as making me feel like I have a android device again.
    Elite1 likes this.
    06-18-13 02:44 PM
    Great questions!

I can tell you if all goes as planned that 10.2 opens the door for so-called headless apps, meaning apps authorized to run in the background.
    That means some 3rd party apps will offer some of the customizations you mention, and after their initial setup you won't need to keep them as an active frame or remember to open them after a reboot for them to work.
    06-18-13 02:46 PM
    I understand what tour saying Kris. But we have apps like be buzz and hub+ and these apps have been around for a few years now.

Even thought it's a minor type of update it's still that little something that adds to the daily BlackBerry experience!!

I'd love to be able to change the fonts though!!

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 02:47 PM
    Elite 1....im starting to get the impression that this os is in its early drags! I've tried many leaks upto the 10.2 beta...and with every update this handset and the bb10 experience is evolving rapidly!! love it!

Posted via CB10
    Elite1 likes this.
    06-18-13 02:49 PM
    My personal feelings are that the reintroduction of headless apps would/will be a major advancement in notifications, which are more important to me then themes. Using Shao's wallpaper changer, my back ground is never the same so I am good without the themes.
    06-18-13 03:00 PM
    My personal feelings are that the reintroduction of headless apps would/will be a major advancement in notifications, which are more important to me then themes. Using Shao's wallpaper changer, my back ground is never the same so I am good without the themes.
    I agree with you on the need to prioritize functionality over themes. And of course it comes down to personal preference but themes are not just a wallpaper. There are many people that want something more than just a different wallpaper on their device, me being one of them. I know themes might not even come to BB10 but I do have a bit of hope that as the OS matures resources can be put into adding some extra goodies like themes in the future.
    06-18-13 03:18 PM
    Funny... was just talking about this to a co-worker.

Would BB even add such features being there are BeBuzz, hub++, ect ect.. They're paid app.. couldn't BB be sued? Not for stealing but for killing off a popular app.

That said I really don't the idea of having to use a paid/free third party app just to change ringtones and capture/filter events.. At least give us os7 style customization and if people want more then they can pay for an extra app to run in the background and from a BB selling point it just looks better to have baked in features instead of users having to find an app to do something simple.

My BIGGEST request/want... is ... short, medium, long, and count vibration settings.
    santitojack likes this.
    06-18-13 03:40 PM