The longer I go without an BB10 update the more 10.2 seems to break down. I've tried factory resets, security wipes and OTA reloads but bits and pieces of the OS continue to fail or regress. The latest issue is with Bed Time Mode and its ability to screen alerts but pretty much everything that made 10.2 unique has reverted back to 10.1 or worse. I know it's not just me, my wife and a good friend of mine are both having the same issues and we're all on the latest releases according to our devices and Link.

I really have no idea what the purpose to this post is, I'm not usually a whiner and I'm generally quite patient with this sort of thing; I guess I just needed to vent.

Thanks for listening.
    09-24-16 05:30 PM
    10.3.2 is much better. But in any event, your next phone is be an Android or iOS. Pick your evil and drink the Kool Aid.

RedBerry Passport /10.3.2.2876 / Telus
    Carl Estes likes this.
    09-24-16 05:40 PM
    10.2 is not even close to the latest OS. What carrier are you on that is using an OS older than dinosaurs?
    TheDutch20 and Heavens1 like this.
    09-24-16 05:46 PM
    I am using 10.3.2.2639 on my Classic!

Posted via CB10
    09-25-16 01:56 AM
    Install the latest version?

Posted via CB10
    09-25-16 05:56 AM
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    09-25-16 06:34 AM
    Sorry, I meant 10.3 (10.3.2.2836/2876)
    09-25-16 08:18 AM
    It is already EOL (end of life) product. What a pity the best mobile os to become obsolete.
    09-25-16 09:46 AM
    Sorry, I meant 10.3 (10.3.2.2836/2876)
    Well, that's a whole new story.

Perhaps try the 10.3.2.2813 autoloader. Do not perform a restore of data.
    09-25-16 09:54 AM
    Op, i'm still on 10.2.1and my Z10 is still perfectly fine. I'm debating if I want to take the update to 10.3 as I feel 10.2 is what this phone was meant for.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-16 10:10 AM
    10.2.1 is not end of support. The chart would need to state 10.2.x for that to be true. It states 10.2.0 only.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-16 09:58 PM
    10.2.1 is not end of support. The chart would need to state 10.2.x for that to be true. It states 10.2.0 only.

Posted via CB10
    OP give wrong information anyway, he is on 10.3
    09-25-16 10:54 PM
    Nothing is wrong with my 10.3.2.2876 BB10s. If anything, it has become more and more stable.
    09-26-16 01:36 AM
    Nothing is wrong with my 10.3.2.2876 BB10s. If anything, it has become more and more stable.
    Ages like a fine wine....

OP if you are unhappy... it's time to move on. If/when BB10.3.3 is released, I doubt it's going to address your issues.

If you want to stick with BB10, best solution is do a clean install and don't restore any data....
    09-26-16 08:15 AM
    Ages like a fine wine....

OP if you are unhappy... it's time to move on. If/when BB10.3.3 is released, I doubt it's going to address your issues.

If you want to stick with BB10, best solution is do a clean install and don't restore any data....
    It's not simply a case of being unhappy, I LOVE BB10 when it's working but unfortunately 10.3 seems to be falling apart at the seams and it's not just me that's experiencing these issues. I didn't post to get answers, I posted just to vent. If someone has answers to my issues then great, if not I'm going to try to sit it out for 10.3.3, if it ever comes. Here's a brief list of what's going on:

1) Audio does not play through wired or BT headsets, only through the phone's external speaker. I've tried many wired and BT sets none work but all work elsewhere. BBVE shows no fault;

2) Replied and forwarded icons no longer show in email;

3) Keyboard inserts random words, deletes words spontaneously and has stopped capitalising at the beginning of a sentence;

4) Deletes screen shots after a few minutes for what ever reason;

5) Has stopped automatically linking to saved WiFi and NFC profiles, and;

6) BB Assistant plain and simply has stopped working.

I could go on, maybe I'll make a separate thread about ALL the issues I'm experiencing but these are the most annoying but perhaps not the most major. I've reinstalled the OS several times and I've done a full security wipe at least twice in the last 6 months. I've had my Passport physically checked out professionally and they can find no fault with the device itself, neither does BBVE. I have no choice but to hope that 10.3.3 resolves these issues (and then some) otherwise I will move on.
    09-26-16 01:39 PM
    I have no choice but to hope that 10.3.3 resolves these issues (and then some) otherwise I will move on.
    I'm saying you might as well move on.... 10.3.3 is probably going to break more than it fixes. There is simple no reason to put up with so many "issues" if it is driving you to the point that you need to "vent" like this. We all know that BB10 isn't perfect (some won't admit it), and we all know that each version can have it's own bugs and issues. And we all know that sometimes one persons Passport on 10.3.2.xxxx work differently than someone else's Passport on the exact same OS. BB10 develpment got cut back in 2013, and through-out 2014... it never received enough "optimization" and tweaking, and at this point it never will. It is 100% better than at launch, but it still needed development.

You said you have reinstalled the OS and done security wipes... did you restore after all of those, or did you start fresh?
    09-26-16 02:05 PM
    It's not simply a case of being unhappy, I LOVE BB10 when it's working but unfortunately 10.3 seems to be falling apart at the seams and it's not just me that's experiencing these issues. I didn't post to get answers, I posted just to vent. If someone has answers to my issues then great, if not I'm going to try to sit it out for 10.3.3, if it ever comes. Here's a brief list of what's going on:

1) Audio does not play through wired or BT headsets, only through the phone's external speaker. I've tried many wired and BT sets none work but all work elsewhere. BBVE shows no fault;

2) Replied and forwarded icons no longer show in email;

3) Keyboard inserts random words, deletes words spontaneously and has stopped capitalising at the beginning of a sentence;

4) Deletes screen shots after a few minutes for what ever reason;

5) Has stopped automatically linking to saved WiFi and NFC profiles, and;

6) BB Assistant plain and simply has stopped working.

I could go on, maybe I'll make a separate thread about ALL the issues I'm experiencing but these are the most annoying but perhaps not the most major. I've reinstalled the OS several times and I've done a full security wipe at least twice in the last 6 months. I've had my Passport physically checked out professionally and they can find no fault with the device itself, neither does BBVE. I have no choice but to hope that 10.3.3 resolves these issues (and then some) otherwise I will move on.
    No such issues EVER on my end. I think it's just YOUR device. Not on all of us.
    09-26-16 02:11 PM
    I did a full clean install on the OS (OTR) and restored my apps and data from scratch.
    09-26-16 02:26 PM
    No such issues EVER on my end. I think it's just YOUR device. Not on all of us.
    I never suggested it was everyone, I actually confirmed that a couple of times. I did, however, state that I know of at least two others having the same issues as I do, one of those being my wife on her Z30. I also said that I've had my device checked out professionally twice and several times through BBVE and I have nothing but clean health reports. Please learn to read posts more thoroughly so I don't have to go around repeating myself all the time. Thanks.

Oh, I'm very happy you are not experiencing the same issues that I am, I really am. But YOU not having issues doesn't preclude anyone else having any issues with their devices.
    09-26-16 02:31 PM
    I agree with Dunt3. Maybe time for you to move on. I have tried to help you in other threads but I guess there is just something wrong with your device. 10.3.2.xxxx works beautifully in my Z10 and my Passport and I have not experienced any of your problems whatsoever. I am not sure what apps you have on your device, as you have never stated. But at this point, I can only say that you have a lemon (as well as your wife and good friend!) OR you have a bad or cheap sd card causing problems OR you have serious android/native app problems. If I had all the trouble that you have had, I would have moved on long before this. If you have re-installed an OS can you run it stock WITHOUT adding any other apps and not have problems?
    09-26-16 02:34 PM
    I agree with Dunt3. Maybe time for you to move on. I have tried to help you in other threads but I guess there is just something wrong with your device. 10.3.2.xxxx works beautifully in my Z10 and my Passport and I have not experienced any of your problems whatsoever. I am not sure what apps you have on your device, as you have never stated. But at this point, I can only say that you have a lemon (as well as your wife and good friend!) OR you have a bad or cheap sd card causing problems OR you have serious android/native app problems. If I had all the trouble that you have had, I would have moved on long before this. If you have re-installed an OS can you run it stock WITHOUT adding any other apps and not have problems?
    Thank you.
    09-26-16 02:44 PM
    HelloNuman,

If you decide that you need to replace this device, i'd like to buy this Passport off of you.

I think it would be a fun challenge to attempt to repair the issues you have been facing with this phone.
    It would be especially nice to purchase the phone, if I prevent it from collecting dust in a drawer.

Let me know what you think!

Posted via CB10
    09-26-16 08:19 PM
    I did a full clean install on the OS (OTR) and restored my apps and data from scratch.
    Can you try to do a clean install/wipe and not restore from a backup (just to rule out anything in the backup that could be corrupting your OS)? If you save your files to a folder on your PC you can manually copy them over later if it works.
    09-27-16 11:25 AM