iOS7 parallax wallpapers give me nausea (as do the ridiculously over-the-top animations). In its current form, BB10 has no room for live wallpapers. My on a Q10, anything but a texture d background just garbles up the entire screen (big icons filling up every screen.

This is what Active Frames are for. If there were live updates to the Lock Screen, that might offer some good usability and sex-appeal.

Hell, Android's UI is made for applets and live wallpapers, but the applets only function like an Active Frame, and the live wallpapers add nothing but eye candy. It's a sparse homescreen with everything hidden in junky menus. Not my kind of phone.

If you children really need all the shiney-silly, go grab an iPhone or a GS4.

The only company to get live updating right is Microsoft with its Windows Phone. And they dont even have bloody wallpapers.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 08:10 PM
    It would just be a great option to have yes currently Microsoft is doing their live tiles right, but the operating system is boring.. BlackBerry has an opportunity to make something that is already great even more so... 10.2.1 is just a small peek at what's to come from the Canadian company

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 09:53 PM
    I'm running live wallpaper on my Z10 right now, just for haha's:

10.2.2.xxx moving wall papers?-img_00000603.png

This can be done for native BB10 pretty easily, imho. And if the Express app is any indication, I'll bet the folks over in Sweden are probably just sitting on stuff right now that will blow the iThingy's UI out of the water...

Posted via CB10
    zclash likes this.
    11-19-13 10:21 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000603.png 
Views:	1089 
Size:	546.3 KB 
ID:	222490

This can be done for native BB10 pretty easily, imho. And if the Express app is any indication, I'll bet the folks over in Sweden are probably just sitting on stuff right now that will blow the iThingy's UI out of the water...

Posted via CB10
    Whoa!!! How did you do that?
    11-19-13 10:33 PM
    Oh jeez the battery would not approve of this thread
    11-19-13 10:35 PM
    Whoa!!! How did you do that?
    This morning I read that someone found a live wallpaper that worked, so I became curious. Since I had some free time, I dug around and discovered/downloaded GO Launcher EX and coupled it with the HTC Droid DNA's live wallpaper. It looks really cool, although I have to keep both open as active frames and I can't seem to get native BB10 app icons to show up in the UI.

And yeah, it sucks battery life something fierce - but did I mention that it looks really cool?...

Posted via CB10
    dalight13 likes this.
    11-19-13 11:16 PM
    What about a proper features?
    Such as ability to mark read sms emails etc on lock screen?

Posted via CB10.2.1 using my Awsome Q10
    11-19-13 11:26 PM

Posted via CB10
    Im impressed that you're doing this, but it looks godawful. Honestly, the simpler the UI the better. Bells and whistles are fine for children, but not for powerusers. In a perfect world, I would be able to customize my BB10 OS install with Blackberry Link, checking the boxes on which features I'd like. Personally, I'd like to uncheck the Android runtime--don't need it. Might be a pretty cool feature. OS can be as simple or as complicated as one might like.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 11:33 PM
    Not a necessary update but something that would be appreciated if added.

I love the ideas of dynamic backgrounds based on weather!
    zclash likes this.
    11-20-13 12:48 AM
    Not a necessary update but something that would be appreciated if added.

I love the ideas of dynamic backgrounds based on weather!
    Yes!

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 08:57 AM

Posted via CB10
    Please how did u get it right, please give detailed tutorial please

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 11:56 AM
    Stupid. Keep it simple, stupid. What a tasteless way to waste battery life and attention span.

Posted via CB10
    Realy friend what works for u may not work for another, this feature may not necessarily drain battery, if developed, it could be live only when ur browsing through ur menu or when u have minimized an app, once u open and app it obviously stops working, when ur phone is in sleep mode it turns off, it could be cool, let's get the developers working on this seems like half of yall " like " it

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 12:03 PM
    Still wallpaper is find, don't really like animated wallpaper, eats much battery.
    Come on still is boring, we on the move lol

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 12:04 PM
    You want Live Wallpaper like Android has.

When it is raining it rain on you homescreen. Pictures can move and change. Content is updated...

Would be VERY COOL... but the Z10's battery could not handle it.
    Yeah that would be awesome for BlackBerry 10, we got the best smartphone in the world , best OS so what would stop us from achieving this little feat.

Those that worry about battery should simply not download the app, or just download it cos its native.

Imagine a live wallpaper with a HD galaxy showing stars and planets, commets etc that would be awesome.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 12:34 PM
    I personally see this as a "eye candy " feature and something that would add zero productivity.

I'm not saying that a small minority wouldn't like it or think it's "neat", but I don't think it's something for the masses.

Now if it cycled my notifications or calendar Apts, that would be a different story.

Posted on a Post-It!
    I think to point is to have the option, what you do with it if you chose to use it is up to the end user. The majority of people want the options.

Posted via CB10
    zclash likes this.
    11-20-13 10:41 PM
40 12