Developers please let's have wallpapers/ background that are not still but moving on the home screen even while u browsing on the phone, I'm not sure what are the correct words I wanna use to explain this, someone who understands me plz put it clearer.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 11:33 AM
    Developers please let's have wallpapers/ background that are not still but moving on the home screen even while u browsing on the phone, I'm not sure what are the correct words I wanna use to explain this, someone who understands me plz put it clearer.

Posted via CB10
    Animated Wallpapers??
    11-18-13 11:44 AM
    I don't believe the OS currently supports live wallpapers. Then again, I haven't looked into it at all.

Anyone know differently?
    11-18-13 11:44 AM
    You want Live Wallpaper like Android has.

When it is raining it rain on you homescreen. Pictures can move and change. Content is updated...

Would be VERY COOL... but the Z10's battery could not handle it.
    11-18-13 11:45 AM
    I don't believe the OS currently supports live wallpapers. Then again, I haven't looked into it at all.

Anyone know differently?
    I have the animated wallpaper working on the MiHome Launcher (The comet one that was included). I haven't tried with any standalone walls, or sideloaded any others.
    11-18-13 11:47 AM
    Oni - Please do expound on the MiHome Launcher. I assume this is an android APK launcher you installed that allows you to launch a live wallpaper on the Z10, Q10, Z30? Please also advise if you are successful in loading any other live wallpapers. Android has thosands of free live wallpapers that are very cool.
    11-18-13 02:10 PM
    Only good reason for live wallpaper would be for it to resemble the latest weather apps background. Rain, snow, storm, etc.
    11-18-13 02:36 PM
    How about different background based on location, like home, work, sporting event, bar?

How about different background based on location of friends?

How about different background based on headless apps running... like sports scores, or news, or calendar events, or bbm status, or channels updates....

Keep an open mind....

Only good reason for live wallpaper would be for it to resemble the latest weather apps background. Rain, snow, storm, etc.
    11-18-13 02:42 PM
    Live wallpapers are not bad. Dito with live icons. But even with the launchers (just tried MIUI Home) - live wallpapers ALL crash on my Z10 running 10.2.1.1055.
    11-18-13 02:44 PM
    Oni - Please do expound on the MiHome Launcher. I assume this is an android APK launcher you installed that allows you to launch a live wallpaper on the Z10, Q10, Z30? Please also advise if you are successful in loading any other live wallpapers. Android has thosands of free live wallpapers that are very cool.
    The MiHome launcher comes prepackaged with about a dozen live walls. Some of them work, others do not. Not the .apk I installed a converted bar file from the original apk. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...wesome-856447/
    11-18-13 02:58 PM
    I installed that launcher and tried each live wallpaper. Each crashed.
    11-18-13 03:09 PM
    Just updated my iPad to iOS7 and im loving the dynamic wallpapers. Maybe they had it in iOS6 as well but I just discovered it. Would love to see it on my Z30. I think the stock wallpapers for bb10 are pretty boring

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 03:12 PM
    I installed that launcher and tried each live wallpaper. Each crashed.
    What OS are you on? 1047(Only one I actually tried it on)? I haven't reinstalled it on the latest leak.
    11-18-13 03:39 PM
    Why would anyone above the age of 12 want this? Battery hogs is all they are these frivolities.

Z10 Love!
    11-18-13 04:02 PM
    Why would anyone above the age of 12 want this? Battery hogs is all they are these frivolities.

Z10 Love!
    I for one enjoy well mannered frivolity.
    OniBerry and H_O_Boomaye like this.
    11-18-13 04:34 PM
    Would be cool, but I agree it'll suck back a lot of juice. My Z10 can't handle that kind of power being used....

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 05:17 PM
    I personally see this as a "eye candy " feature and something that would add zero productivity.

I'm not saying that a small minority wouldn't like it or think it's "neat", but I don't think it's something for the masses.

Now if it cycled my notifications or calendar Apts, that would be a different story.

Posted on a Post-It!
    11-19-13 08:14 AM
    Maybe he means parallax scrolling

Sent from my Z30
    11-19-13 08:22 AM
    Stupid. Keep it simple, stupid. What a tasteless way to waste battery life and attention span.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 08:33 AM
    Active wallpapers can do a great many things. Including adding needed productivity as noted several times above.

They can also be just sweet eye candy. Let's not forget please that eye candy does in fact sell. And BlackBerry can not now or in the foreseeable future turn up its collective nose at anything that is easily added that might sell more devices.
    11-19-13 08:36 AM
    Still wallpaper is find, don't really like animated wallpaper, eats much battery.
    11-19-13 08:37 AM
    Do you know the most moronic thing I ever heard on CB forums? It is " don't need that". As in I don't want this so you shouldn't, or I don't need this, so you shouldn't. I've been reading these forums since they started. Been a member since 2008. My early arguments were with folks saying BlackBerry didn't need a camera, then WIFI. I've seen and heard it all. And again I say some very simple sentences for the simple minded to comprehend.

If you don't want something, whether an application, OR Feature or hardware then don't utilize same. But if there is a market for something,choice should be accommodated to be competitive.

As for the constant general BS argument that this or that effects battery, all but one BlackBerry has a removable battery. I can and do carry a spare. And to get the functionality I want, I'd carry two. As to active wallpapers generally, they are not that significant to battery and performance. But if you don't like or don't want active wallpapers I want to share a secret with you that comes from an incredibly learned man - DONT USE THEM.
    OniBerry likes this.
    11-19-13 08:55 AM
    I would love the eye tracking wallpaper/parallax that TAT Showed off a while ago or at least a version of that bb10 would be so cool lol I hope they add it in the future and yes maybe have an option to integrate it with the weather app no we don't need to "copy" live wallpapers we need to innovate them

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 09:02 AM
    I would love the eye tracking wallpaper/parallax that TAT Showed off a while ago or at least a version of that bb10 would be so cool lol I hope they add it in the future and yes maybe have an option to integrate it with the weather app no we don't need to "copy" live wallpapers we need to innovate them

Posted via CB10
    I believe Bla1ze found a file in one of the OS' that had a parallax wallpaper.
    11-19-13 09:21 AM
    I believe Bla1ze found a file in one of the OS' that had a parallax wallpaper.
    What really!?

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 03:44 PM
40 12