What exactly does this mean? Does it mean i can make my screen whiter? Forgive my lack of knowledge on this particular subject

BBM channels: c00121c99 for some knowledge and c00123fca for some real hip hop
    11-12-13 04:40 PM
    11-12-13 04:47 PM
    I apologize but that doesn't answer my question.

11-12-13 04:59 PM
    Most Super OLED don't push out accurate colours and tint everything blue. Most people don't notice it, but I guess there's some fun and less OCD for some hardcore screen people. Off white screens are usually blue or orange.
    I don't see the point of having it unless you're an OCD video editor like me.
    11-12-13 05:17 PM
    Most Super OLED don't push out accurate colours and tint everything blue. Most people don't notice it, but I guess there's some fun and less OCD for some hardcore screen people. Off white screens are usually blue or orange.
    I don't see the point of having it unless you're an OCD video editor like me.
    So I can make my z10 screen whiter?

11-12-13 05:42 PM
    I don't understand how a wiki page explaining what white balance is doesn't answer your question, but basically you are balancing ALL colours at once, creating a neutral adjustment of your screen image (same can be seen when you edit a photo using BBs built in software).

To quote wiki: "In photography and image processing, color balance is the global adjustment of the intensities of the colors (typically red, green, and blue primary colors). An important goal of this adjustment is to render specific colors – particularly neutral colors – correctly; hence, the general method is sometimes called gray balance, neutral balance, or white balance. Color balance changes the overall mixture of colors in an image and is used for color correction; generalized versions of color balance are used to get colors other than neutrals to also appear correct or pleasing."
    Last edited by theblob; 11-12-13 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Grammar
    11-12-13 05:48 PM
    No, screen doesn't get whiter, it let's you adjust it so it's closer to its true white and yellows closer to its true yellow and blues closer to blue and etc. All at the same rate at a time.

Most normal people should not touch is a good guideline.
    11-12-13 05:56 PM
    See f.lux on jailbroken iOS devices : http://justgetflux.com/ . I use it on my iPad 4 with excellent results.
    Last edited by adamlau; 11-12-13 at 06:51 PM.
    11-12-13 06:31 PM
    I don't understand how a wiki page explaining what white balance is doesn't answer your question, but basically you are balancing ALL colours at once, creating a neutral adjustment of your screen image (same can be seen when you edit a photo using BBs built in software).

To quote wiki: "In photography and image processing, color balance is the global adjustment of the intensities of the colors (typically red, green, and blue primary colors). An important goal of this adjustment is to render specific colors particularly neutral colors correctly; hence, the general method is sometimes called gray balance, neutral balance, or white balance. Color balance changes the overall mixture of colors in an image and is used for color correction; generalized versions of color balance are used to get colors other than neutrals to also appear correct or pleasing."
    Lol my bad I know you were trying to help. I was just looking for a yes or no, BUT now that you made me read it, i understand thanks!

theblob likes this.
    11-12-13 06:57 PM
    Haha no problem. Hopefully you understand now, and mess around with white balance in the photo editing software to see what it does...its really quite simple!
    11-12-13 07:13 PM