I'm too annoyed and have installed a leak on a VZ q10 but where has VZ made any promise or excuse? All I hear for them is nothing.
    03-13-14 01:11 PM
    Official T-Mobile 10.2.1 you might not see it yet on BB link or OTA but go over blackberry.com 10.2.1 Update Never Coming For US Carriers (AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint)-untitledd.jpg
    Mecca EL likes this.
    03-13-14 01:28 PM
    When someone asks what the biggest difference is between BB, Android and iOS, you can refer them to this thread. You never, ever have to find out how to find and install an update yourself. It paints an ugly picture of what happens if you decide to go with BB instead of any other OS. People into Crackberry and the whole BB10 thing might find it easy and even interesting to mess around with installing the latest update. The general public wants nothing to do with finding an update online and then going through the hit or miss of installing it. They want a phone that gives them updates, not one that has them fishing for updates. It's so crazy, it's funny.
    I would say that iOS is the only mobile OS where people will get the updates "on time". Android has gotten better over the last few years, but OEMs and carriers still release OS updates at various times. The development community is full of custom ROMs that give people a later version of the software than what is officially available. Windows Phone has something similar to a development community, as well. Carriers don't release Windows Phone updates in a timely manner and there are frustrated Windows Phone users, too.

I disagree with the sentiment that people should take matters into their own hands for OS updates. I like phones and used to modify them. Over time, I don't have as much patience to do this anymore. I haven't fully looked into Sachesi to see what that is all about. I quickly saw that it was more than I felt like being bothered with, though. I updated to BB 10.2.1.xxxx with a Rogers SIM (I'm in the US). However, I shouldn't have to do this. Once smartphones started to allow OTA updates for consumers, it became a reasonable expectation that consumers would receive them on a timely basis.
    Techno-Emigre likes this.
    03-13-14 01:38 PM
    They don't want to spend resources testing an OS for a device that accounts for a small client base on they books. They also know that none of the other carriers have the update and, thus, we are a captive audience with nowhere to go.

Posted via CB10
    If they don't want to bother with a small user base, then just release it. When it doesn't work, blame BlackBerry and drive users to a different platform, problem solved.
    03-13-14 02:08 PM
    I posted this last week and my thread got locked down.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-2-1-a-913639/

But all in all, my Z10 is now collecting dust while I use my iPhone 5 with its newest iOS 7.1 and my Nexus 7 with its BBM and newest 4.4.2 KitKat

Don't bother talk to these CB folks, they will NEVER understand this issue and will only say 'sachesi, are you dumb enough not doing sachesi in 5 minutes?' HELLO, it maybe 5 minutes to flash, but how much time it takes to download it, reading the tutorial to ensure you are not bricking your phone, and finding the right OS? Not to mention many hoops to jump with

CB people just do NOT get it, they are in denial that while BB10 is a great OS, lack of OS update/customer support will leave them behind to no existence.

I like my Z10 and BB10, don't get me wrong, but the phone is no use if everyone and their mama outside US can get latest doc to go, latest BB weather, while I have to settle with old doc to go and its inability to dump android apk file on it because I can not update it due to no 10.2.1

Z10 will be my last BBRY phone and could possibly be demoted to backup/feature phone because I can not use it to what I need it to use
    JesseBabe23 likes this.
    03-13-14 02:24 PM
    Gameson: What is wrong with your phone that you can not use it, yes it is a pain in the **** you can not upgrade your phone to BB10.2.1 but I am sure it still works fine? I have a HTC one I just got 2 days ago, when I purchased the phone it came with 4.2.1 after I upgraded it I had to wait 24hrs so I can do another upgrade wait 24 hrs to 4.3 and now wait another 24hrs to get 4.4 which was released 2/18.
    You need to blame the carriers not BlackBerry if it was up to them it would of been released on launch day.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    03-13-14 02:50 PM
    I'm confused I've been running 10.2.1.537 for months.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 03:03 PM
    Sorry I'm on Verizon and in NJ.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 03:04 PM
    I already said it, lack of apps (can't dump android apk on it as it has to be converted to bar file, yet another hoops), and not able to update essential BB apps because the OS is 10.1 (doc to go, to name one) is why
    03-13-14 03:06 PM
    I got 10.2 quite a while ago and the latest update today. I'm on Cincinnati Bell.
    03-13-14 03:46 PM
    Gameson: What is wrong with your phone that you can not use it, yes it is a pain in the **** you can not upgrade your phone to BB10.2.1 but I am sure it still works fine? I have a HTC one I just got 2 days ago, when I purchased the phone it came with 4.2.1 after I upgraded it I had to wait 24hrs so I can do another upgrade wait 24 hrs to 4.3 and now wait another 24hrs to get 4.4 which was released 2/18.
    You need to blame the carriers not BlackBerry if it was up to them it would of been released on launch day.
    I believe Gameson is correct BlackBerry shares as much if not responsibility than the carriers. The carriers are not trying or helping BlackBerry survive it's BlackBerry 's loyal fan base and others that are iffy if they should go back and try BlackBerry. If you are a company who seriously want's to shine than you need to take care of the basics. I said it when BBM4ALL was coming out and I will say it again if BlackBerry can offer BBM4ALL than BlackBerry can Software Updates 4 ALL. Period no excuses excuses never helped any company get ahead and I am one of the few BlackBerry loyal fan base but I have to admit BlackBerry makes it difficult. Kevin you say BlackBerry is listening (more like hearing) and as a company you send out survey's how many surveys on same topic have to be sent out before BlackBerry really listens?

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 04:12 PM
    I believe Gameson is correct BlackBerry shares as much if not more responsibility than the carriers. The carriers are not trying or helping BlackBerry survive it's BlackBerry 's loyal fan base and others that are iffy if they should go back and try BlackBerry. If you are a company who seriously want's to shine than you need to take care of the basics. I said it when BBM4ALL was coming out and I will say it again if BlackBerry can offer BBM4ALL than BlackBerry can offer Software Updates 4 ALL. Period no excuses excuses never helped any company get ahead and I am one of the few BlackBerry loyal fan base but I have to admit BlackBerry makes it difficult. Kevin you say BlackBerry is listening (more like hearing) and as a company you send out survey's how many surveys on same topic have to be sent out before BlackBerry really listens?

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 04:12 PM
    I believe Gameson is correct BlackBerry shares as much if not responsibility than the carriers. The carriers are not trying or helping BlackBerry survive it's BlackBerry 's loyal fan base and others that are iffy if they should go back and try BlackBerry. If you are a company who seriously want's to shine than you need to take care of the basics. I said it when BBM4ALL was coming out and I will say it again if BlackBerry can offer BBM4ALL than BlackBerry can offer Software Updates 4 ALL. Period no excuses excuses never helped any company get ahead and I am one of the few BlackBerry loyal fan base but I have to admit BlackBerry makes it difficult. Kevin you say BlackBerry is listening (more like hearing) and as a company you send out survey's how many surveys on same topic have to be sent out before BlackBerry really listens?

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 04:13 PM
    Good post, OP. Well-stated on an important issue.

This thread brings up another issue. Posters with child-like thinking that essentially say "this is the right choice for me, therefore it is the right choice for everyone." People .... I am so happy that leaks are available, that people put so much time into making them reliable, that CB provides such great resources and I love to read what others have discovered while using them. But there are highly legitimate reasons why some people simply cannot (shall I repeat this?) ... CANNOT use leaks! So from now on feel free to sing the joys and benefits of leaks. Skip the put-downs for those who can't/prefer not to.

The important point has also been made that your average non-tech and/or super busy consumer simply can't mess with something like leaks. The perception that BlackBerries are hard to use or only for professionals is at the heart of what has harmed BlackBerry so much. Most consumers don't want to know how or why it works .... they just want it to somehow work by magic. They want to enjoy the results, whereas many of us here enjoy the process as much as results.

10.2.1.537 makes all the difference for me, and I am a die-hard. I have to think that BlackBerry is painfully aware the carriers are a problem and that they have explored every avenue for going around them. But this all has to be based on a money making model. That means alliances, compromises and contracts. As far as I am concerned the U.S. carriers have violated agreements by contracting to carry certain devices and then actively undermining sales. It is interesting how Verizon had no problems taking $600 cash for my Z10 but feesl no obligation to be speedy with updates. Honestly, I almost died of shock when Verizon rolled out the update for the Z10 along with the world wide campaign! I feel so bad for the other device owners.
    03-13-14 05:36 PM
    Just checked. T mobile is still 10.1. Would other Verizon users care to check in? I am going to give T mobile another few months and if they don't come up with something move to ATT.

Posted via CB10
    Both my wife and I are on Verizon. She has the Z10, and myself the Q10. She received her update 01-28-14. The day it was supposed to release. I still have not received mine for the Q10, and from talking to Verizon, there is no date in site. I actually talked to one CS rep that checked the BlackBerry website to see what I was talking about.

I am glad everyone else is feeling just as frustrated as I am. Hopefully the open letter to Chen will help. We are strong when we stand together, just like when TMO sent out that flyer, and 24 hours later acknowledged that "he heard us loud and clear". So where is the grass-roots action for our update?? Maybe we all should tweet @Verizon, and @BlackBerry??
    03-13-14 05:50 PM
    the fact that you are in the US means you aren't getting the latest OS, whatever the reason.
    Verizon had 10.2.1 for Z10 customers in late January.

T-Mobile released today.

There is some evidence Verizon will release 10.2.1 for the rest of their devices soon.
    Attached Thumbnails 10.2.1 Update Never Coming For US Carriers (AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint)-orly.jpg  
    03-13-14 07:16 PM
    Dude, wake up! I'm on T-Mobile and I got mine TODAY! Have you ever heard of carrier testing? T-Mobile wanted to make that the wifi calling function would still work. And it does.

This is a really fine update. The settings drop-down has more sections, it has that fine picture password, the Hub is much improved, etc. As for the other carriers, I don't know what to tell you, except get over the conspiracy theories about the NSA and the carriers, and read what that rat Snowden has released about carrier participation.
    03-13-14 09:42 PM
    I find it pretty cool how tmobile released 10.2.1 just 10 hours after the op's post.

Posted with a Q10
    03-13-14 09:49 PM
    But that is missing the.1 at the end. I just got mine yesterday and loaded the newest os. I ain't waiting.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 11:18 PM
    The title of this thread is inaccurate and I'd like to see it changed - if not by the OP, then by an admin or moderator.

OP, do facts not matter to you?

FACT: Verizon released 10.2.1 for the Z10 WEEKS AGO. It's OUT. Meaning, someone who bought a Z10 through Verizon Wireless *can update* to 10.2.1. Never coming, eh?

FACT: T-Mobile USA recently confirmed that they were working on getting 10.2.1 rolled out to their customers, and today, they delivered. (Boy, was this post poorly timed).

As the title of your post contradicts facts, it amounts to misinformation, and is counterproductive and unhelpful. The fact is, two of the four major U.S. carriers have now delivered 10.2.1 to some of their BB10 userbase.

If there's one thing we know about U.S. carriers, it's that they suck at providing timely device updates. But to say the 10.2.1 update is "never coming" when it had already landed for Verizon Z10 owners? And just hours before T-Mobile put it out to its BB10 userbase? What's the point of putting out false information? I just don't get it.

If I had to guess... and this is SPECULATION.... Verizon will be the next carrier to make a move, releasing 10.2.1 for its Q10 users. I base this speculation on the fact that 10.2.1 was released for the Z10 already.

AT&T and Sprint have been pretty mum on their plans but I expect they'll get around to releasing the update eventually.

When you consider how long it took for the U.S. carriers to release the BB10 handsets, particularly the Q10, it isn't surprising that most aren't seeing the 10.2.1. update yet.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    03-14-14 02:38 AM
    Please, OP or a moderator stop the madness and update the title and OP.

Using Sachesi to load a released OS from another carrier is EASY and NOT a LEAK.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    03-14-14 05:12 AM
    OP, and you were saying? :-) I just updated on T-Mobile last night.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    03-14-14 06:40 AM
    Do you have more info or links on the evidence?

There is some evidence Verizon will release 10.2.1 for the rest of their devices soon.
    03-14-14 06:47 AM
    ATT updated last night.
    10.2.1 Update Never Coming For US Carriers (AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint)-img_20140314_074859.png
    Mecca EL likes this.
    03-14-14 07:55 AM
    You can't see US carriers lying?
    What they say and do is very different indeed.
    Just like you!
    03-14-14 08:43 AM
103 12345